Guangzhou or Yiwu

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Duli, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Duli

Duli

Hi All. .

I am planning to visit China for a business trip within next few months . We are thinking of visiting either Yiwu or Guangzhou. We want to buy a big variety of goods but not big quantity per item We were told that Yiwu is best for us, but a friend of mine told me also about Guangzhou. what is the different between Yiwu and Guangzhou. Mainly I am planning to buy wedding and event supplies such as tent and marquees, table and chairs, catering equipments, table centerpieces and wedding pillars & flower. Could someone please tell me what would be the best place to visit for my requirements.

Any answer are appreciate.

Thanks in advance
  2. NOVEVAN

NOVEVAN

Guangzhou is famous for the electronics, garments...

Yiwu is famous for the small commodity, fashion accessories...

So, Yiwu is much better, the price is lower. But the quality is almost the same now.

Moreover, Yiwu the market is in one place, you do need to take taxi go around the city.

Hope it can help you.
  3. Car Expert

Car Expert

I've been to Guanghzou last year , its a great place for our products but some of companies related to our business are in Zhejiang/ Jiangsu as well, I would be starting some business with them soon, can anyone suggest me best way to travel between those cities like Guangzhou / Zhejiang and Jiangsu,
  4. NOVEVAN

NOVEVAN

Airplan, Guangzhou airport, Zhejiang (Hangzhou airport), Jiangsu ( Nanking airport)
    Also High Speed Railway, very fast to almost any cities.
  5. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA

Do your research first before you go.

Connect with suppliers and visit the factories while you are there.

There are better places to buy from, if you know exactly what you require.

Yiwu has its problems and is far from ideal. It's convenient, but that's about it.
  6. Nietzsche Wen

Nietzsche Wen

I mainly do some business in Shenzhen now. Yiwu is fine with you .Go there if you buy some kind of smallware.
  7. China Sourcing 2

China Sourcing 2

If you need tables/chairs and other furniture, I'd suggest you go to "Foshan Furniture Market", which is 1.5-hr drive from Guangzhou.

If you need wedding items, you may find in Guangzhou.

If you are interested in small consumer goods, Yiwu is a good place. However, keep in mind the quality in Yiwu is low to average. It's convenient but not good in quality.
  8. Suri

Suri

As a professional leather belts manufacturer,we have two factories,one is in Guangzhou,while another is in Yiwu.:cool::cool::cool: