1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Guide to Doing Business Face to Face in China

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by ladyvgw, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Cleopatra Louise

Cleopatra Louise

Thanks for an excellent thread with very applicable information! I think this will help many who are thinking of traveling there to get an idea of what things should or should not be focused on as well as a reality check as to the process that should be expected.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  2. Gaoli

Gaoli

Hi Vicky,
    You are a China hand.
    The main production cities – Shenzhen, Shantou, Ningbo (mainly wooden items), Shanghai, Xiamen and Dongguan.(Xiamen is the first city of Fujian province.).
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  3. Gaoli

Gaoli

The import thing is workable price, delivery goods in time, finding your own shipper.
    Maybe you can do price by yourself, the orthers by a agent.
    Some agentman ask discount from exporter, so please note it.
    and you also can evaluate the price, the factory profit rate is 10-30%.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  4. anokmould

anokmould

well, is a article for the people who wanna do businese with the company in China mainland .
    Just one suggestion , who wanna do businese with the real manufactory there in China mainland or with much more competitive price there. The company you met on contan fair, absolutely, they are credible , for this problem, you can forget it . the companies there, you are met on the fair, they are big company or known in the world, and cannot sure weather the price they offer is really competitive or not with that you would get from the small factory there with same qualtity or above .
    If you really wanna to businese with the real manufactory in China mainland, I suggest you to google the keywords what you wanna buy, and there you could serch out more factory that they cannot take part in the canton fair. You can try to contact with them and involved in a deeply communication for their credible . You can place a trial order to them to check them quanlity and service . In this way, you can find really competitive suppler or businese co-worker.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  5. James__

James__

anokmould can you suggest any websites for small factories suppliers, where we can get lowest wholesale prices?
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  6. jonccnam

jonccnam

Hi Guys,

I have finally manage to set up a new office in Shenzhen China to further facilitate our procurement process back to our UK warehouse in Grays.
    We will be shipping back once a week by air and once a month by sea from Shenzhen.

I can help source for certain category of products which I'm familiar with nearby my office.
    So far I have manage to locate marketplaces for :
    • Mobile phone accessories includes LCD, parts, buttons, earphones, charger, battery, cables, cases, screens filem...etc
    • Games Consoles accessories like remote, battery, charger headphones..etc for XBOX Playstation Wii PSP
    • All kinds of TABLETS for any screen sizes with any language
    • CCTV equipment from cables, to night vision to HD to waterproof. You name it, they have it.
    • Coming soon will be Stationary market which also covers Toys.
    I will try to add in more marketplaces which I will be scouting for in the next few weeks nearby our office.
    Sent me an email if you need my service.
    Please be very specific on your request as there are hundreds of small stalls selling similar item with different quality grade.
    Payment can be made by PayPal and we can arrange it to be posted directly to you or to our office in Grays.
    Kind Regards,
    Jon
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  7. JamieLynn

JamieLynn

This is such great information! I am interested in starting a brand and importing from china. Is the show you are speaking of for every industry or just toys?
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  8. Astrostoresales

Astrostoresales

This is a really informative guide and gives a great insight into what to look out for. Many thanks.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  9. 59 viperman

59 viperman

Keith, do you have a website ? I will need your sort of services in due course, the thought of buying blind and putting what little capital I have at risk fills me with dread. regards stuart
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  10. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Hi Stuart - yes, I operate through a number of website, but as I am no longer a paid up member of The Wholesale Forum, I am not allowed to list these here. I can certainly assist you, as our portfolio in China is increasing dramatically and we now employ three full time staff over there. Just Google my name to find me. Keith Elcomb
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  11. hellojane

hellojane

yes ,you are right ,Attending Canton Fair is not cheaper,and And need to quota,if you don't have ,money is not useful
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  12. BlueTiger

BlueTiger

Hi Vicky,
    I don't know from where you got this information.
    because I have been in China in 2008 to attend Canton fair and nobody asked me about these requirements. I got my visa at Chinese embassy London and attended Canton Fair in Guangzhou, october 2008 all days and they never asked me about a letter of invitation or anything like that, they only charged me small fee for a photo to put on a badge and asked me to always carry this badge during the fair days.

Thanks
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  13. watchseller_top

watchseller_top

useful ! But so many thing are different now than in 2010 ( Guide was posted in 2010 )
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  14. MyChinaSource

MyChinaSource

Through years of experience doing business in the EU and Asia, the difference are Chinese people like to do business over a dinner/meal/drink, its all about connection and contacts while European people are very formal, they like things to be written down, for example contacts, agreements.

very interesting facts.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  15. chiaus

chiaus

It's really good post. I can get benefit from it. Thanks.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  16. bekky

bekky

It only means that things changes. The first post is somewhat outdated, so is here anybody who made a trip to China last year, or even this year? Is there any changes?
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  17. NYC

NYC

I am looking to buy ladies garments in NINGBO, can you give me more info about the markets? reliable agent there?

thank you

buy
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  18. NYC

NYC

Hi John, how's shenzen for garments ?

saahaodotcom likes this.
  19. sophie turner

sophie turner

Amazing,well done!thanks for share this useful info
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  20. samjin

samjin

If you ship by marine, just ask a local shipping agent to help you to clear the custom, and get it trucked to your warehouse.
    Now many buyers also use express service like DHL, Post Service etc. In TierTier.com, a big portion of our customers ask us to send the low-price cell phone accessories to them by express.
    Certainly it depends on your items.
    saahaodotcom likes this.