1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Have you tried collective purchasing before?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by wholesaleteam, Oct 3, 2017.

1. wholesaleteam

wholesaleteam

The concept of collective purchasing is that people come together to purchase specific products, and because there are a number of them, they are able to secure a better price from a supplier.

Has anyone used this method when buying stock to resell?
  2. Jed

Jed

It's been tried several times but always seems to fail from what I've seen due to so many differing situations and factors caused by the multiple purchasers.
  3. wholesaleteam

wholesaleteam

You are right, many collective purchasing companies I have stumbled upon are no longer active…

I would be very interested in finding out exactly why this is. Could you please highlight what you believe the reasons are to be? As I have found one or two that seem to be thriving, but they do not cater for the UK.
  4. Jed

Jed

Everyone has a different circumstance, imagine you have a group of 5 people, it only takes 1 to not agree or not come up with funds and the whole thing is broken. Just common sense will tell you what the stumbling blocks will be.