1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Help with Vero

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by 1320star, Mar 17, 2020.

1. 1320star

1320star

Hi all, just some help here with Vero. I had an item removed, and I wish to contest it with eBay. Now I know how all this works, the rights owner complains and eBay remove item in all cases, no recourse. But I know how to write and ad, know not to show logo's and know how to word an item correctly and the item in question in no way suggested it was authentic, and that seems to be the issue?
    Ebay state you cannot list any items that are not authentic, but they also say you can use the "FOR" in a title to avoid brand name abuse, is this not the same thing?. 90% of items on eBay are not authentic so how does this really work.
    I would just like to say I have been selling on ebay for 15yrs and am not new to this. Is this just a case that any property rights Co. can decide to get an item removed at will now. Ebay could not give me any specific information relevant to my questions with them so I have emailed the owner. Also this is not clothing or trainers or anything that a particular company makes themselves under their own name/brand.
  2. Jed

Jed

You have to speak to the rights holder not eBay (eBay can provide contact details for the rights holder if they havent already in the takedown notice), eBay will not budge no matter what you do/say as they have this rule to protect themselves against copyright laws.

The rights holder can then inform eBay via the Vero program that the listing is not in breach and you will be allowed to re-list it.

I've been through this before and it's massively unfair, and the rights holders often don't give a damn, but it's how the situation is unfortunately.
  3. 1320star

1320star

Yes thats all correct, its all total rubbish. I did contact the rights owner but not directly as you can't do that, instead they give you an email for a co. called Netnames.com who handle all this for the rights owners. They just sent a crap email saying........We have checked our records and can confirm that the item in question below was reported by our client as a counterfeit product not made by xxxxxxxxxxxxx........That comment is a total fabrication as the item in question is NOT made the rights owner xxxxxxxxxxx at all, its made by other large companies for them, and this applies to all other rights owners of other makes for this particular item, so there is no such thing as an original item as such that they can claim is made by them because thats not true in this case for this product as I see it. I may get some professional advice regarding this and see where it leads to, but I'm up against big companies.