1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Helpdesk / Ticket solution compatible with eBay and Amazon

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by Dean, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Dean

Dean

I started playing with Freshdesk recently after taking advantage of a Huddlebuy deal. Its really opened my eyes to how useful a ticket based support system can be rather than using simple email. The only issue I have with Freshdesk is that it doesn't integrate with eBay messaging very well (it will receive messages from eBay fine but eBay won't accept messages back from it). Their support has been very friendly but they are a way off from working as I would like with eBay.

I then started looking at Zendesk which does seem to work with eBay. I also really like the sound of their voice function that can record phone calls in to tickets.

Does anyone have any experience with Zendesk? Or can you recommend anything similar? - it has to work with eBay or its no good.
  2. RepricerExpress Team

RepricerExpress Team

I did trials with Freshdesk, Zendesk and Desk and decided upon Zendesk but the general consensus is that it's much more time intensive to set up (it suited our needs best though). I also came across Helpscout.net which sits between email and a full blown support system. If you don't need to create a growing help area on your website, give it a go, as it does get the job done really easily, and its approach is very fresh and straightforward.
    Dean likes this.
  3. Dean

Dean

I've settled on Zendesk now and have to say I'm very impressed. I've spent most of the day configuring and tweaking it and although there are a couple of things not quite right I'm happy with it overall. I can see what you mean about the set up being intensive but I'm comfortable with that sort of thing.

I'm going to trial the voice side of it shortly which sounds like a neat addition.
    RepricerExpress Team likes this.
  4. iKam

iKam

Might not be what your looking for but it certainly works well with eBay and amazon. Reply manager
    Dean and Dave like this.
  5. Import Export Business

Import Export Business

Hi!

We have been using Freshdesk lately and as what you said, it is an effective and not complicated ticket-based support system.

As for Zendesk, I have heard a lot of great reviews for it. Most say that if you’re a large company with multiple brands, Zendesk has tools to manage that level of complexity. Nevertheless, if you’re a small startup company, you can get a tool that supports global multi-nationals with multiple brands and easily use it to look just as professional and customer oriented as bigger competitors. :)
  6. Dean

Dean

I'm committed to Zendesk now simply through the amount of time I have spent on it so far! But thanks for the suggestion.
  7. patrick mc

patrick mc

We tried using Zendesk. It worked wonderfully for Amazon and our website but with Ebay we could not get it to work since Ebay generates different email addresses. That was the major problem when we tried it. What did you do to get over that?
  8. Dean

Dean

Zen has been brilliant, I'm really pleased I went with it now. With eBay I just accept the fact that you get multiple tickets for a single conversation. It's not perfect but it will do and the rest of what Zen brings to the table, more than makes up for it.
  9. MSFB

MSFB

What does it bring to the table? What's the advantage over just using ebay messaging?
  10. Dean

Dean

It's not just eBay, it centralises and consolidates all communications from all platforms and normal email. Continuous conversations get added to single tickets (except eBay). Before Zen we were using email folders to store historical conversations but it was a right pain looking up old info. Zen allows you to create end user profiles which store all tickets for the same person in one place. Your customers can also log in to see their past messages.

eBay message integration is actually currently the weak link in it all but as I said above I'm happy to put up with it.
  11. bob brown

bob brown

Dean

Did you ever get the ebay messages to merge into one ticket?
  12. Dean

Dean

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I just got used to it in the end. When I reply to an eBay ticket I set it to Pending. More often than not a reply will open a new ticket but if I need a reminder of previous convos, I just click on the user tab to see a list of all of their tickets. The only real downside is having to close all the Pending tickets that build up throughout a convo. Its not ideal but it will do for me until they sort it out.
  13. iKam

iKam

reply manager - it now can pull the resolution centre cases too via API :)

Also they have updated it to sync with channel advisor now too, apparently the Linnworks integration is on the way.
  14. Dean

Dean

I'm not changing again! LOL :D
    SimonN and iKam like this.
  15. bob brown

bob brown

fyi we're on replymanager. it is good as an email program, but it doesn't show history for that customer, and it isn't really designed to assign tickets to people, or create internal tickets. We use an external program for that and so we do double duty for sticky items

We are going to try cloudconversion, and may try zendesk (I just don't like the multiple threads). I wonder if there is a way to tell zendesk to combine all threads from same customer as they come in?
  16. iKam

iKam

I assumed reply manager did show you the previous communication?! That's what they said to us when we was enquiring about it. We are still in too minds.
  17. bob brown

bob brown

rm does show emails as a thread. So that is pretty cool. It doesn't have a customer thing to tie previous threads together, nor show orders tied. it would be cool if email/user id could be auto tied together and orders, previous tickets associated.

RM is way worth it.

We just want to go further now
    iKam likes this.
  18. iKam

iKam

Oh right! I understand now - that would defiantly be a feature they should add.
  19. Jeff Randy

Jeff Randy

Hey Dean - I was searching around myself and found ChannelReply to thread tickets and integrate both eBay and Amazon into Zendesk with an app for full customer info as well. I know this post is a bit old just wanted to give my 2 cents.
  20. Dean

Dean

Don't need it. Zendesk on its own is just fine and has been for the last couple of years I've been using it. Why anyone would want to go to the extra expense of yet something else is beyond me. Sounds like just another pointless app that's not required, especially at $49 a month!!!!