Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!

How am I doing with SEO?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Tweezy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Tweezy

Tweezy

I've been re doing my site for quite a while now, I've seen some increases in my search ranking. I remember when I first started working on my site I wanted to target the

Keyword search. Well, I think I've managed that pretty well. (Second PR!) Also, if you do search me, don't worry I have changed that horrid text and description, just waiting for google to update my site. Now then, even with quite a nice google ranking why am I only getting 5-10 unique views a day? I don't know about you, but that seems pretty rubbish, I want to get around 50-100 unique visits a day. I have a facebook page, but it's not doing very well at all, (5 likes...)

What would you guys recommend to increase my standing? When I try any other keyword searches (like youtube backgrounds) I don't even appear in the first 15 pages!!! How is this possible?

Thanks guys.
  2. eAuction

eAuction

Your post is a bit jumbled... a link to your website would help.
  3. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

maybe not many people out there want Tube' backgrounds ? . . . . . I don't !
  4. Tweezy

Tweezy

Sorry I've been a bit distracted this weekend. My sites url is;
    tubebackgrounds.co.uk
  5. eAuction

eAuction

Here are some general points and some SEO stuff:

1) You are charging for products which I assume you don't have a license for - e.g. do you have permission to use the Battlefield Logo?
    2) Ads - either make your products free and get revenue from ads, or make your products premium and have no ads - both rarely work.
    3) Not much written content / all very generic.
    4) PR doesn't mean you'll get traffic.
    5) No contact us page that I can see
    6) Basically no backlinks
    7) You only have one relevant page indexed in google
    8) Your sites meta description is "tubebackgrounds.co.uk : - Free Premium ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping."
    9) It's hard to tell the backgrounds are meant for youtube
    10) Barely any description about the site, payment methods, how to install etc

+ lots more, but that's a good list to get you started on.
  6. redspell

redspell Banned Member

I agree with eAuction, I noticed a few other things that will help with your on-site SEO

Your home page took 25.8 seconds to load, that is way too long and is mostly due to your image sizes being far too big. You are using Zen Cart so install the Image Handler module to get your images optimised/resized and cached so that your page load times improve.

No web analytics code found, how do you monitor your visitor statistics? get free Google Analytics and Web Master tools to gain useful statistics on your vistor numbers and SERPs data.

Your home page is also showing as 'no-index' which if right is not good for SEO, check your robots.txt file or html_header.php file for errors etc.
  7. Tweezy

Tweezy

I have Intergrated Google Analytics in my webhosting cPanel. I am also aware of the loading times, but I thought that was to do with my really bad Internet connection. I'm also going to be moving to a better host in the next week or so.
    no-index? Please explain you've lost me a little
  8. redspell

redspell Banned Member

I just checked a couple of your inner pages and they are showing as having incorrect canonicle url settings.

The source (html output) for your pages have this in the header:-

<link rel="canonical" href="http:// tubebackgrounds. co.uk//" />

You have a double forward slash on the end of your domain setting instead of just one which can be edited/corrected in your includes/configure.php file to remove the extra forward slash on the end.
  9. Tweezy

Tweezy

Thanks for th replies guys. I've been doing a lot of work on my website the past day or so. Everything is now free, contact page added. I'm also going to be changing host soon, so page times should diminish a lot.
  10. Tweezy

Tweezy

Thanks for th replies guys. I've been doing a lot of work on my website the past day or so. Everything is now free, contact page added. I'm also going to be changing host soon, so page times should diminish a lot.
  11. jessiefister

jessiefister

hi, friend. i meet the same problem with you and i will follow you in the future. i manage two website, but they rank on google are not good, i also want to get more back links to increase more visitors. i want to make friends with you to share experience. thanks. welcome to viste my websites:

<mod edit: website link removed>
  12. Clarkey

Clarkey

Put your site in here http://www.seositecheckup.com/ . This will give you a brief overview of your onpage seo.

Things to look for with Onpage -
    Make sure the main keyword you're targetting is in: Meta tags, Meta description, H1 to H3 heading tags, Written in bold, italic, underline. Have a keyword density of around 2-5%, Included within Alt text of an image.
    I also like to link out to an authority site within any of my articles or content.

Now theres Off page, i.e your back links.
    Even if your site is optimized with good onpage for your keyword you still need a good amount of quality back links to get you ranking.
    When you do your back linking, make sure you either use www. or non www URL.

edit: OP I Just checked your site, it's offline?
  13. Clarkey

Clarkey

Just saw your site, before you do any backlinking. I strongly suggest you restruct your websites linking structure. Look into implementing a silo'd site structure.

Heres a good read on it: http://www.bruceclay.com/seo/silo.htm
    Heres a basic picture demonstrating a silo set up: http://www.seositecheckup.com/images/siloscreen.jpg
  14. Tweezy

Tweezy

My sites online, just refresh.
  15. Clarkey

Clarkey

Ah yes, It's online. Having internet connection problems at the moment. Sorry about that
  16. jessiefister

jessiefister

17. Tweezy

Tweezy

Don't worry about it I get it as well sometimes. To be honest my host isn't the best, I'm only sticking with them at the time being because there is a script being designed for me.

No problem, but it wasn't me who did that post!
  18. Tweezy

Tweezy

Can someone help me with page caching please? I'm still at a loss...
  19. redspell

redspell Banned Member

What are you looking to do?
  20. Tweezy

Tweezy

I'm trying to cache my page, but the things I have tried don't seem to help, at all...