1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

How do I get a Royal Mail discount?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Ayrton Seller, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Ayrton Seller

Ayrton Seller

Hi All,

Still new to this, but looking to see if I can reduce my postage costs with Royal Mail.

We are currently averaging 4 large letters per day (7 days per week). I expect this to increase as we expand.

I called Royal mail and the phone operator said I need to call them once I have posted 1000 parcels within the last 12 months and only then will they get one of their sales team to call me. This is a little frustrating as our run-rate will see us at 2133 in 12 months.

Can anyone suggest some advice please?

Thanks

Ayrton.
  2. sam81

sam81

Hi Ayrton,

We have Royal Mail Business Account, we tried ask for extra discount, but my account manager told me that they can not offer extra discount :(

There is extra discoun in OBA only if we ship from 250 Large Letter a day (so never!!), or from 20 Parcels.
  3. Ayrton Seller

Ayrton Seller

Thanks for the info Sam, 250 per day????? That's insane. Well at least I know not to bark up that tree yet. Thanks for replying and I hope your business is going well. If I make any progress I will be sure to message you.

AS
  4. sam81

sam81

Business not bad at moment, thanks!
    Last year in winter period was awful, but with new items that I added this yer seem I keep the winter busy!
    Finger cross!!