1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

How do you make a living selling games on ebay?

Discussion in 'Business News & Resources' started by JustCraig, Jan 5, 2010.

1. deamoon1

deamoon1

Very well sayed thanks JustCraig
  2. microbusiness

microbusiness

another problem with games selling is the market can be up and down like at xmas you sell a lot but like in june july sale can be low due to holidays and customers not play games due the weather being better so it is hard to get regular 10 or 15 units a day

prices change so offten on new titles also which means if you not quick then you could be selling at a loss

a classic example i seen on ebay was a new release by 5 different seller all trying to get 29.95 for a game then there was 2 other selling same game at 19.95 again brand new so the 5 sellers are never going to sell at there price
  3. blueboy0510

blueboy0510

re the above quote on price, you would be surprised just how many sellers sell items at higher prices than competitors. It always amazes me when high value sales come in when I know competitors are cheaper but it happens every day.

Another slant on this ( I was a video games buyer for 2 of the biggest chains in the UK before moving out here to the sunshine) is making use of retail offers.

A couple of years ago I was buying up retail "deal of the week" stock from high street chains and making a packet. Many of these offers are half price and to then make 40% on ebay was pretty easy. This is a year round opportunity but volumes obviously go through the roof at Xmas.

Again here on retail offers is to keep an eye on the competing console packages the chains go with at Xmas. Sometimes they offer 3 or 4 'Free" games. Now at least 2 of these games are top notch and it is always easy to sell hardware at Xmas. So keep an eye especially on the likes of Toys R Us as they always go over the top on any offer to the point they make single digit margin (this was one of the chains I worked for)

Finally look around the world, not necessarily console but certainly PC. I was amazed when I went to a shop here in Thailand and they had full EA boxed and sealed Fifa 2010 last October for 12 quid, they had just been launched in the UK at 29.99 and I sold loads at 19.99 plus 3.50 for shipping

So look around as wholesale is not always the answer

good luck
  4. Merchants

Merchants

5. JustCraig

JustCraig

This is good advice, it is without a doubt the easiest way to make a return in the early days.
  6. MsK_247

MsK_247

A very good read
  7. Simplee

Simplee

Thanks Craig, Thats a really good read.
  8. wholesaleuk2011

wholesaleuk2011

9. wholesaleuk2011

wholesaleuk2011

Like it, definatekly worth a read and think before you sell on e bay, people are too busy to break down the profits/sellers fees etc
  10. Ginster

Ginster

Excellent post, I am still in the research phase and I find this forum a great help. Keep up the good work :)
  11. wineprices

wineprices

Nice trick. Thanks for sharing.
  12. wineprices

wineprices