How do you set up your business page on Twitter

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by truereddevil, Nov 3, 2011.

1. truereddevil

truereddevil

I am new to everything about twitter believe it or not and would like to set up a business page as just like facebook it's free advertising can anybody talk me through a step by step guide on how to set it up

Can you only have so many letters in the title and is there any free software to make your page look more professional like they do with facebook on pagemodo

Thanks for any help in advance Rick
  2. Michael

Michael

Didnt know they offer a business page... I just have an account set up in the company name and a custom wallpaper and font settings.
  3. PeeCeeTrading

PeeCeeTrading

Hi Rick,

Have a look at this article about how to start a twitter account for a business...

http://www.twitip.com/jump-starting-your-companys-twitter-account-2/

It's not definitive, but gives some great pointers as to how to build up your followers and how to come across as a good member of the community and not just a spammer.

Don't think the link will cause any problems on here, but Mods feel free to amend if it does.

HTH

Pete
  4. beacon hill

beacon hill

I,ve had a few £100+ sales recently through tweeting

I,m no expert. But here,s a few things that work for me

1. Dont over do the special offers. Some followers will see this as spam and un-follow (I know)

2. Mix in a few personal tweets , like "Just been for a 5k run" or comment on the weather.
    This way followers will see the person behind the business

3. Retweet some of your folowers tweets. In return they may do the same for you.
    One guy the other week re-tweeted one of mine, and as a
    result got me two sales of £109 each...

4. Use URL shortners like bit.ly. If some see the full website, they may see it as spam.
    Also by using the bit.ly shortener you have more room for your tweets

5. Make good use of the #key. For example if you sell football gear you can enter the
    offer plus your bit.ly link. Then enter #football #manutd #liverpool #sports etc
    All the key words highlighted by the # will get picked up by the twitter bots
    that share the same interest and hopefully start following

6. Follow others with a similar interest to you

BTW. Just checked, and we are still following each other Rick
    Cant say what my twitter name is, cos it might be seen as advertising :)
  5. truereddevil

truereddevil

This is exactly what i meant micheal thankyou everybody for your contributions