1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

How much can you earn selling ex-chainstore clothing on eBay?

Discussion in 'Retail Business Advice and start ups' started by darran williams, Jul 15, 2012.

1. darran williams

darran williams

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on ebay and im currently spending lotts of money on mainly dresses such as Monsoon Next Top Shop and so on. At the moment im just starting out and im really focused on getting more and more stock just making ideally 5-6 pounds on an item.

My plan eventually is to grow my range from 14 styles too 300-400 and invest in a web designer to build me a nice looking store! which I hope will convert into 30-40 sales per day.

I have talked to people near where I live and one has a daughter who sadly died, he said she was selling clothes similar on eBay and turning over £1000 profit a week! Another I know said they knew a couple who did it and converted their loft to store the clothes, went into it full time and make a fortune!
    Is this a realistic achievement for me to sell 30-40 items a day if I keep growing my stock/feedback or have I got my head in the clouds??
    Is there anyone out there in this business who is making a good success?
    My question really is how much am I likely to earn if I keep going?

Secondly I have a website which im listing the same goods on and getting some attention through facebook. Im hoping to eventually sell through Adwords once I get my stock built up and I can make more on each item 8-9 pounds a dress without fees on ebay. I think google is more targeted and if it works ill make a good profit! question is Im not going to know untill I get there and I could be wasting my time.

If you have had any experience in the above or you have some good advice on what I could be earning eventually on eBay then Id really appreciate it... thanks people :)
  2. Bethanyjane

Bethanyjane

3. darran williams

darran williams

Thanks for the advice Carol,

Three years wow thats dedication! I bet it took three years to get to power seller status! well done!
    I bet you get more sales in the summer/Xmas than any other time...
    What do you think Id realistically earn with a range of 300-400 dresses in an eBay store?
    Would you say you make a full time living out of it?
    and how many items are you selling per day if you don't mind me asking?
    Would it be possible to take a look at your eBay store?

I'm sorry for all the questions! and hope you don't mind.... I just hope im not wasting my time and money as im only a support worker during the day and im spending all my money on clothes at the minute. Its the not knowing that worries me if its going to work or not.

Its nice to actually talk to someone who is doing it and making a success out of it :)
  4. Bethanyjane

Bethanyjane

Hi, email me, I'll give you more details.
    Xmas Is the best time, this summer's been dire, weather and all that.
    Profit varies between £5 and £30 per item, but don't make a living out of it. Think the key is sell lots of cheap stuff, rather than a few expensive ones. For me it started as a hobby, then I got addicted!
  5. darran williams

darran williams

Great ive sent email to you! at the minute im buying from the likes of elles and a few others ive bookmarked on the web...
    £30 profit on a item wow that's good going.
    Speak soon :)
  6. Andy777

Andy777

Best advice ever! ;)

I really don't understand why so many people want to start by selling clothing - it's one of the trickiest markets out there! All the different sizes, styles, seasonal fluctuations, product pictures for each item, returns, customer issues, quality issues etc. So much work for very small return...
  7. darran williams

darran williams

Hi Andy! So your saying I can make lotts of money selling these items on your link from buying them in wholesale :rolleyes: ? do you have any current ebay members selling for you now and if so would you like to share? the prices re selling on ebay seem a bit high but if you have any current members you would like to show as prrof of sales ill take a look..
  8. Emma1987

Emma1987

Hi
    Are you still selling on Ebay? I would love to find out more about selling ex chainstore clothes via different channels, what works and what doesn't, legalities etc.

I'd be so greatful for any information you could share

Thanks so much x
    Muhammad Hussain likes this.
  9. Bethanyjane

Bethanyjane

Hi Emma,
    Yes still on eBay, had a website and an amazon account as well, but just eBay now. I’ll message you tomorrow, bit late tonight.
  10. Emma1987

Emma1987

That would be fantastic, thank you!