1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

How to Qualify your China Supplier

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Global Sources, Dec 2, 2008.

1. mandelafj

mandelafj

I'm a supplier of Fashion Jewellery and understand your concerns.
    I've been living in China for nearly nine years and have to learn how to protect myself.

I would always suggest that you try starting with smaller orders. This way there is less risk.
    Once you build a better and more trusting relationship then you can increase the size of your order.

Also, becareful of your payment methods. Using PayPal or Visa can offer you more security.

We sent most of our orders FOB. This way you could get someone to check the order before it is released.

Not everyone is out to cheat you, but be cautious and protect yourself as much as you can.

Michael.
    abimbola likes this.
  2. intknight

intknight

If you’re new to importing, start slowly with the intent to learn the process. I total agree that. Nice article
  3. intknight

intknight

I think it is better to have some deep consideration when you feel weird in the transaction.Ask more questions even make a call. But next time if you still want to import from China,hope I can help some since I lived here.
  4. Kazin

Kazin

Hello all,

I have a real important question and I hope you can help me very soon.
    It is about some Chinese wholesale companies, who can supply me from game consoles.

The first one is:

HS BUSINESS GROUP CO., LIMITED

In a letter they told me that they don't use PayPal because the amount of it is limited every month. Because they receive many orders, they prefer to use T/T bank or Western Union. On the website ''Tradekey'' they have 3000 trust points and they are active for over 2 years. But their prices are very low (PS3 160 GB for 50$).

Could some one of you say if it is wise to order from this company?

There are a few other companies who accept PayPal, but I don't trust it for the full 100%. It is about this one:

Their prices are not that low as the first one (175$ for a PS3 320 GB). They accept PayPal and send by DHL/TNT. But could some one of you say if this is a trusted company?

And there is one last (Chinese?) man who can supply me from Blu-ray movies.
    He calls him self ''Lenfan Zhang''. He accept PayPal, has a full list of blu-ray movies they sell in an excel sheet, but that's all I know about him.

I hope you could help me and provide me from information/advice about these companies/people!
  5. moumomo

moumomo

as for many chinese products, the price and the quality are both all right, so many foreigners like importing chinese items to wholesale or retail. so if you want to avoid some unnecessary risk, you may choose the hot and legal chinese website, dhgate or aliexpress, their payment ways are safe, so this can protect buyer's profits, coz you need check
    the suppliers carefully by yourself before you decide to do business with him, good luck with your business!
  6. bl.jaroslav

bl.jaroslav

Hi

Did you buy something from him?
    Its reliable supplier?

Thanks in advance
  7. John Liu

John Liu Banned Member

Thank you very much

Roger
  8. jitverify.com

jitverify.com

Information from your selected supplier is often a misrepresentation of what actually is taking place at the factory. Before placing an order with a new supplier it is important to take time to obtain facts about the supplier including production capability, machinery, manpower, working conditions, management systems, quality control processes and reputation.
  9. jiaheshiye

jiaheshiye

you are good
  10. jiaheshiye

jiaheshiye

I am new here,I want to learn more knowledge here,thank you ,everyone
  11. footyhut

footyhut

Any ideas how you would go about something like verifying this information if you have no contact in the country?
  12. footyhut

footyhut

I know there are often agents that do this type of thing but the problem exists, how do you verify the agent?
  13. tatamall

tatamall

Useful information for both China Suppliers and Overseas Customers. thanks.
  14. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Many of you seem to take risks with Chinese trading that you would not even consider if the company was based in the UK. Don't be fooled by glamorous website and promises and slick emails. I may have an axe to grind, being a Chinese business consultant, based in the UK, but over the last year we have saved some of our customers a small fortune. We give a level of completely free advice. Contact me at Qubik UK Co. Ltd. - [email protected] Qubik 1.jpg
  15. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Many of you seem to take risks with Chinese trading that you would not even consider if the company was based in the UK. Don't be fooled by glamorous website and promises and slick emails. I may have an axe to grind, being a Chinese business consultant, based in the UK, but over the last year we have saved some of our customers a small fortune. We give a level of completely free advice. Contact me at Qubik UK Co. Ltd. - [email protected] View attachment 25559
  16. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

How does one verify the authenticity of an agent? Good question. A good agent will have an established office or partner in China. A good agent will almost certainly have a presence and a physical office in the UK and be contactable by telephone. They will have the ability to do verbal and written translations. They will have a portfolio of customers and should be able to provide photographic proof of their manufacturers products, factory visits etc.

We recognise that this is a problem, so our company makes no charge for its initial services and advice, until such time as we are required to travel, do translation work, inspect factories or accompany people in China. Some very big companies now use our services, based on past performance, personal recommendations and the fact that we have strong engineering background ourselves.

How can we help you?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Keith Elcomb - MD Qubik UK Co Ltd [email protected]
  17. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

There is no substitute for visiting your supplier and seeing his factory or office/warehouse facility. But make sure you do this when accompanied by a Chinese speaker who is acting on your behalf, has your interests at heart. Not always possible I know, especially for younger traders and for small orders. Avoid Western Union payments if possible.

The fraudsters and scammers are going to increase in number. Do your research, ask other peoples advice and don't rush in. There are still a lot of excellent Chinese companies, eager to do business and who never cheat.
  18. Velcroer

Velcroer

I'd like to say ,scammers exist in all countries.It all depends on the two dealers.No matter the scammer how smart,if the buyer smart and carefule enough ,he won't be cheated.
  19. Velcroer

Velcroer

sticky!
  20. Velcroer

Velcroer

split the order smaller one.