1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

How to Qualify your China Supplier

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Global Sources, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

If you live in the UK, my advice would be to use a UK established company, with an office and employees in China to carry out your factory and product inspections. Also to help you source quality products. We back up what we say we do, are available on a local land line number and have a lot of experience in Chinese trading. Chinese trading is not getting any easier. Rising costs, low quality goods and problems are still there in abundance.
  2. Saihaj Gill

Saihaj Gill

Thanks for your advice.

I have been in touch with companies in China, Guangzhou and so far have been lucky to find some excellent suppliers of Faucets and bathroom accessories.

I took time out to actually visit China and meet these people and I was glad I made the effort as I now feel these contacts will be the first steps to a successful venture and a prosperous long term business relationship.

I requested for the manufacturers to take me to the core of their operations after our formal meetings and I was taken to the factories where the production was in full flow... it was really great to meet the people making the products.

I was provided a lot of free samples to take with me for faucets and also a lot of free samples from a bathroom accessories business which I thought was a true mark of trust and respect. I did cover the freight costs and the samples came through in perfect condition.

Our products will be branded under our UK registered company and distributed to globally so I'm getting stuck in and busy with setting up the venture.
    David Yee likes this.
  3. Joey-Fan

Joey-Fan

Business is based on trust, start at small orders and get to know your suppliers and making friends with them. During the process, you will know who is better and more trustworthy to do business with :)
  4. Thales

Thales

I agree. Thats why I stopped buying game acessories from there.
  5. uksales

uksales

Great post. I totally agree about quality control. If you can't do it yourself find a good company that can help you. Just remember that even quality control agents 'can be' bribed. It's just something to watch out for.
  6. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson

This is very useful post, but there is other things you can do. If the supplier is legitimate, he will probably have a website. Check the website on Whois to see when is registered. If is less than a year old, you have to be careful.
  7. sdrhwrwsj

sdrhwrwsj

If you dont speak Chinese, consider paying an agent to verify the manufacturers exist and to check QC.
  8. Keith Elcomb

Keith Elcomb

Our own Chinese employee was offered a lot of money to pass some defective goods as suitable for onward delivery. Fortunately, she is totally honest and blocked the shipment. Needless to say we will no longer deal with that particular manufacturer. Decent companies do exist. The skill is being able to find them before one gets ones fingers burnt.
  9. cheekyvirgin

cheekyvirgin

Good advice.

Can anyone help me to buy Iphone & Samsung mobile phone LCD Digitizer from the UK based chines wholesale .

Looking forward.
    Thanks
  10. David Yee

David Yee

Whatever you do business which countries company or people, you should know that business has risk. And you should calculate the risk, like the price is normal/the delivery time, also , you can have the samples. Not only do business with Chinese.
    This is 2016, the environment of Chinese business is becoming better. Business is not a one-way.
    The moderator`s suggestion is good. If you have some agent or you can hire some one in China to help you figure out and make sure they are not scammer.