How To Save On Shipping ?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by cheekyvirgin, Feb 7, 2017.

1. cheekyvirgin

cheekyvirgin

How can i save on shipping cost of small accessories item ? Selling on ebay and amazon.

Thanks
  2. liamhawes

liamhawes

What's your current set up?
  3. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

4. Jason901

Jason901

Sorry to drag up an old post but I was going to ask the same question.

I'm currently selling to friends and family but I've looked at selling them on eBay also. Currently the item I sells costs me £2 from the manufacturer them selfs and they sell on eBay from £4.50-£5 with free postage.

Now I've taken one wrapped as if I was sending it to royal mail and they've said it would cost £3.50 to post them first class and £2.90 second, The weight is 140g and it's a bottle of perfume. I'm just wondering if there's a cheaper way to post these as people are selling them for £5 with free postage I would currently lose on every bottle if I did that.

Thanks for any advise
    Valentinsupply likes this.
  5. Stylesupplier

Stylesupplier

Finding a local warehouse, and ask them help you shipping your products.
  6. Jed

Jed

Good suggestion, to add info to this. Companies that operate shipping warehouses will get bulk discounts on postage which they can pass on to you, as well as saving your time which = money. Definitely worth looking into.
  7. Jason901

Jason901

Okay, thanks guys for the info will definitely look into this appreciated.
  8. Valentinsupply

Valentinsupply

I have the same situation and i can't underatand how the others is offering free P&P for something wich is clasified as a small parcel wich cost arount £2.85
  9. magictouch786

magictouch786

More than ikely your competitors have royal mail OBA account and are sending the item as a large letter for 70p.