1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Hydroponic business

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by ShannonKnowles, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

Hi TWF,
    I'm 19 and looking to invest into my first business. I'm planning on starting a hydroponic business. I have done a lot of research and have a good business plan. Could anybody refer to me trust wholesalers? Also has anybody got experience in this market and could give me some good advice? Thanks in advance.

Shannon
  2. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Hi Shannon, May i ask what it is your equipment will be used for?
  3. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

For people to grow fruits, vegetables & flowers indoors & outdoors.
  4. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Cool, i ask as i am a grower of all kinds of plants and have recently thought about some starting unique products with my own plants and hydroponic gel. I have been looking into it and i think there is a good market for it. I have all sorts of plants that all produce there own babies and have often thought about how to sell them. Have you looked into importing from china as i recently bought some products for next to nothing that have been really good.
  5. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

For people to grow fruit, vegetables & flowers outdoors & indoors. Personally i think more people should grow there fruit & veg %100 organic so they know what's in the food there eating. Not only is this a healthy option its a great opportunity for a wide range of people to take up as a hobby. Not only will this appeal for those who want to grow fruit & vegetables outdoors or in a controlled environment but for those who are interested in flowers & horticulture. My service won't just be providing equipment I will also offer my expertise in horticulture. I'm very passionate about gardening & love nature so I feel this is the right business for me to invest my time & money in to. :)
  6. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

Sorry about the double post!

Yes I agree. I believe this market is growing. I have been told about china but would like a trusted importer as I know scams are quite common over there. Could you recommend any importers?
  7. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

No i am afraid not, I have been looking for an answer to that question for a while now. No one i ask seems to give a straight answer and every where i look ends with me coming back here. It seems that a couple of years ago you could actually find decent wholesale suppliers on this site and buy thier product from here but it seems now that, via a few long term members, that people on here are starting out and are looking for the same as us. I really hope you can get this off the ground and if i do eventually find anything out that might help you along the road i will let you know.
  8. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

Thank you! Likewise I will also let you know if I find a trusted supplier. Not sure how to use this site as I have only just signed up but if you could message me your email & I will email you off mine so we can stay in touch & let each other know if we find anything. My best bet is to go to hydroponic shops and ask them for the wholesale company they get there products from?
  9. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

I am also new here and am unsure of the rules as yet but my email is [email protected] if you can see it :)
  10. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

I thought as much, emails are filtered for new members. My new facebook page is Lego on eBay if you can find that?
  11. AntiHeroUK

AntiHeroUK

Shannon and Mark, the fact that I didn't know what hydroponics was when I opened this thread intrigued me, so I went on a quick search to find out what it is and to see if I could help you.

After a little while I've come come across nutriculture where you can apply to be a stockist of the products they distribute. I'll do some more digging for you both, but that's the best I can come up with for now :)
  12. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

Sounds cool pete thanks very much i will go and have a look.
  13. Judge_Joolz

Judge_Joolz

....and here I was thinking that hydrophonic sites were mainly concerned with growing weed(s).

maybe I should be a bit more open-minded !

JJ
  14. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

I replied to your inbox and will email you shortly.

Thank you this helps a lot! I will check it out and do some research on stocklists ect
  15. SpudGun

SpudGun

That the reason there's an unmarked police car with a camera parked 50 yards from my local grow shop.
    Its a tricky market, police turning up to check you out all the time, one wrong bit of advice to the wrong person (did you read about the bloke that got nicked for giving growing advice about tomatoes to an undercover, who then managed to convince the judge tomatoes is a code name)
    Check your location too because any place that has school traffic will be no go. If you go the online route and store at home, you gotta make sure you're squeaky clean.
    mark willoughby likes this.
  16. mark willoughby

mark willoughby

I am not surprised about this at all, when i read that Shannon, above, was 19 and wanted to start a hydraponics business i did ask what he would be growing.
  17. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

I'm aware there are a minority who will use this equipment for cultivation of illegal substances, but as a business I'm not liable for there intentions. Funny you should mention tips on growing tomatoes, if I can rent a shop with garden space I will also run horticulture courses throughout the summer were members can come together & learn a lot more about growing fruit, vegetables & flowers. Surely that's not illegal? It is risky, if your influencing criminal activity. If your making a honest living I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about at all.
    mark willoughby likes this.
  18. paulymit

paulymit

Shannon,
    Looks like you have a great Idea for a business here. Just wanted to say best of luck!
  19. ShannonKnowles

ShannonKnowles

Kind words, thank you. :)
  20. Import Export Business

Import Export Business

Glad to see a young entrepreneur on the forum, welcome!
    What are you looking to buy wholesale? The equipment? If so then I've a few contacts, however you could also do a few searches on this forum and on sites like alibaba and enquire with them.
    I would assume a lot of hydroponic equipment would be quite fragile? Probably best to buy wholesale local.