1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

I guess it was inevitable - TWF competing with merchants

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Pete, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClumsyCol

ClumsyCol

But he has paid for it mate, that is the point, he is a paying advertiser. Anthony was not doing him an favours to get Pete to where he is today, Pete is just another paying customer and he paid for out of his own pocket for this.
  2. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

In my other post I said that most people go on the recommendations of other members so I think your okay.
  3. jayjrc

jayjrc

Lol@rejoice

If anthony implements a few banners in the right place, some of the advertisers revenue can easily be taken away. Its not really hard to imagine customers being taken away.

I am constantly clicking on advertising banners and ads on this forum by mistake as my phone is small, bet anthony is loving the commission. But besides all that newbies are often swayed by banners and bright lights, you just need to look at how many come on her screaming scam from a site, I doubt if anthong is making money from brightpearl, hhe will just want to keep it in his newsletter.
  4. Michael

Michael

I have not disagreed with Pete or said anything about him but simply quoted his own comment from another thread, how you see that as a row is beyond me. Again I have to point out to you I am more than happy to report any posts that break forum rules... if you are unhappy with that I suggest you and others try not to break them in future or get Anthony to change them.

If you feel any of my posts break any rules please feel free to report them as you so wish.

This wouldnt bother me in the slightest to be honest, infact a few weeks ago Anthony contacted me about giving away some wine as prizes for the annual TWF member awards to which I declined and suggested he found another company to supply them.
  5. planner

planner

This is the Ethos of Anthonys Forum/Site,
    Our Ethos

As a community, we are often referred to as one big family, especially by new members. As with any family, we do have our ups and indeed a few downs, but one thing is unparalleled – and that is our respect and appreciation of one another. We take great pride in the fact that, in spite of our rapidly growing size, our community ethos remains that of friendliness, helpfulness and trust. Our community would be a lot less effective if this ethos was not present and (dare we say) would cease to exist if it was not for our fantastic members.

Am sure Anthony will be on later to explain everything.
  6. Just Browsing

Okay Michael, stay in your own little world :)
  7. wph94

wph94

fully agree with pete on this one - and it's certainly not something I always do.
  8. Dave

Dave

Good speak Martin. :welldone:
  9. Pete

Pete

Note I said Those of us, not me.

SOME of us are active nearly daily, not just promoting our products, but answering all sorts of questions.

Saajan would certainly be the first that comes to mind. He would be an asset to any forum he participated in. Zeerock stays more on ecommerce issues, but helps a number of folks with website questions, etc.
  10. Oliver

Oliver

Have only skim read this thread - however it seems that on the newsletter there has been an advert for carts/hosting?

Is this not similar to someone paying for a banner slot on TWF, or paying for an advert in the newsletter. All seems fine to me?

If you pay for a slot on the newsletter, you get promotion. If you don;t pay, you get no exposure?

Or am I missing the issue on this?
  11. Just Browsing

If you read the link mate, they are having a tie in with this company and members get so much of. Basically TWF is pushing a site that will go into direct competition with paid advertisers
  12. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

I think this time I also agree with Pete, the reason I feel this forum works so well, is that if there is a problem, we have a team at the top to look into it, and sort it out....

Now just suppose the problem, was the link that people have been "pushed" towards, would we get the same level of support from the forum team, or would they want to find in a different way?

I also agree, that the advitisers on this forum, keep it going, as without anyone paying for membership and or offering goods, then a lot of the other people wouldnt be here, and thus the forum wouldnt be as big (or good ) as it is.

No im not a paid advertisier, but I might be in the future.
  13. Oliver

Oliver

Just had a read of it - I would assume that the company has had to pay for the priveledge though. Seems like just a very good opportunity they have latched onto!
  14. Just Browsing

Not trying to start a row mate :) But would you feel that way if they were encroaching into your area of goods??
    Its almost like ebay with the outlets, sort of like preferred suppliers, for want of a better word
  15. planner

planner

Now this is surpose to be the only ways of advertising is it not?

Here are just a few of the ways that we can work with you:

• Community Advertising Membership – promote your products and services directly to our members, build brand awareness, generate new leads and develop a sustainable source of targeted traffic.
    • Banner Campaigns – develop your brands awareness and capture new leads in an unobtrusive manner. We serve over 150,000 businesses each month, to find out how that could benefit your business, get in touch.
    • Content Initiatives – align your brand with a leading UK B2B publisher and leverage our expertise to form a targeted strategy for editorial or resourceful content.
    • Email Marketing – we greatly value our email database and the significance of the content that we serve our members in our newsletters, that’s why all of our email marketing campaigns are client bespoke.
    • Sponsored Resources – we are always looking for ways in which to offer our members a greater array of resources. If you have a tool that has a distinct and unique value offering to our members, talk to us about it.
    • Partnerships – we recognise the value of collaborative partnerships and the mutual value that they can bring, if you’re interested in discussing an opportunity with us, reach out.

Am assuming they have come in under the umbrella of Email Marketing, or am I getting it wrong?
  16. londonking

londonking

If I was in the same line of business I would not feel threatened. If you have confidence in your own ability, have a sound customer base and know that your customers will keep coming back to you then there really should not be anything to worry about.
  17. Oliver

Oliver

Don't worry at all - you know me, Im up for a discussion but it will never turn into a row at all :)

If this happened for me - either related to shoes or video games (already massively, massively competitive as we all know) I wouldn't be fussed. At the end of the day if I want that extra exposure and advertising I would need to pay for it. I know its best to spend time working and focussing on what I am doing, rather than what everyone else is doing or what I think they are doing.
  18. Dave

Dave

Exactly what I was thinking,
    Maybe I have missed something but the benefit of using, Pete , Saajan, Zeerock, Supreme Hoster ,.... is that they are easy to contact, on the forums most days and best of all lots of their customers are happy with their service and will tell potential customers that.
    If I am missing something please explain it to me.
  19. londonking

londonking

your not missing anything son...
  20. Just Browsing

Point taken, I see what you mean actually. It just seems that they are recommended by the forum so to speak.
    As for the row thing you would be surprised how many I get into and dont mean to lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.