1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

I have been scammed by a seller on Aliexpress

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by afroza begum, May 17, 2013.

1. afroza begum

afroza begum

i did 12 transaction over $500...EACH TRAnSACTION WORTH $40-$70 AND ITEMS QUANTITY VARIOUS....
    when i ordered items from them they emailed me saying they have less quantity in the stack so told me to claim back $10-$20.00 from each transaction...so i did,,,,,,,,,,,,,

after given me $80.00 total i realised i cnt open dispute agen....then checked the tracking number which is wrong.....
    and tried to contact seller...........no reply..........

i thought aliexpress will wait till i get my items back,,,,,but they closed the status after partial refund.....and telling me to leave feedback....the case is closed and i havnt got my items neigther got my rest of the money...i cnt even open dispute for rest of the money.............
    :(
    what do i do
  2. Gary

Gary

Contact Aliexpress to explain the situation and see what they have to say
  3. lauris

lauris

Sorry to hear mate.
    How did you pay for your items?
  4. afroza begum

afroza begum

by debit cards....
  5. afroza begum

afroza begum

can i claim indemnity from bank? i alws buy items from aliexpress never had problem...but now seems like this seller is clever and know how to take money out....
  6. afroza begum

afroza begum

aliexpress seller has scammed me of $400.00 i had 10 transaction under 1 order number. seller keep sending me emails saying they do not have enough quantity on each transaction so told me to claim partial refund which i did.... then i realized order was closed and they provided FAKE tracking number. i tried to contact seller no reply...
    then i contacted customer servise on aliexpress...they said to contact seller and they cnt do anything.

can i claim back my money through my bank santander?
    if so how do i do it? the money has already released to seller...
    i need help
  7. iKam

iKam

First of all have you told aliexpress that the seller does not have the goods?

Also how did you pay this seller? Directly transfer it via escrow on Aliexpress?
  8. freeshoppingchina

freeshoppingchina

I think you need to calm down. According to your description, you have mentioned that the tracking number is Fake, and the seller emailed you the stock was not enough. This information should be useful for you to raise a dispute to aliexpress customer service against the seller. Make sure you give the customer service real proof which can be accepted. And, do not wait too long to raise the dispute as there may always a time frame limitation. Don't miss it!
    manishp100 likes this.
  9. Gary

Gary

Seeing as it was a seller from Aliexpress that seemingly scammed you and not Aliexpress itself, I have edited your title for relevance, all the best in getting your problem sorted!
  10. jamhun

jamhun

As Gary has already mentioned, contact Aliexpress direct and discuss the situation with them.

James
  11. afroza begum

afroza begum

aliexpress cant do anything. i have contacted them.. they told me to contact the supplier but seller is not responding me....can i contact bank for chargeback refunds?
  12. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

Not unless the payments were taken out without your consent..............
  13. ProtekGroup

ProtekGroup

Sorry to hear that. My personal experience of Alibaba and Aliexpress is terrible. I have been buying from China for 15 years and we now have an office in Shenzhen. I cannot even count the amount of times I have had to step in to help friends/business contacts who have been scammed in China. Having been scammed in the past the best advice I can give is if you have a real desire to do business in the east then get on a plane and go there.

You will also be surprised to hear that the proper factories are happy to provide samples so there is no reason to go to agents which is what you get on 'Ali' They may say they are the factory, they may say they have a big office and lots of staff but I am afraid to say in 99% of cases they are one person using the language and distance barriers as a way of doing a deal. They get run over business finished, their mum gets sick in Northern China business finished.

If you have an address or contact details then let me know and I may be able to help you but I would see as a lesson learned.

Best

James
    kay187, magictouch786 and swanseaone like this.
  14. iKam

iKam

Credit card is a more secure method of paying for anything over £100.
  15. manishp100

manishp100

The best thing you can so is contact your bank and try and contact the seller.

If you hadn't done the charge back and had paid using Escrow on AliE then you could have had the money back quicker - but this isn't an option for you now.

Whatever happens use this as an learning experience for any future transactions.

I have had nothing but good experiences with AliExpress, never been scammed on there but there are a lot of research I carry out before even contacting a supplier:

1. Look at the # of seller reviews
    2. Read seller reviews - positive, neutral and negative
    3. see how many negative or neutral seller reviews they have in 30 days, 90 days 6 months.
    4. Make sure they offer courier services - DHL/Fedex/UPS
    5. # product sales you are looking at
    6. Any reviews for that product in particular

^ that is a basic general check you should perform when looking for suppliers on AliE

Then after that you can either order straight away via the Escrow payment service there, or contact then directly to strike up a conversation.

Order samples as well, no harm in that, ask them to do this over AliE - you can order one of their listings and they can manipulate the end cost before you pay for it (sellers should know how to do this, or you can buy something of the same cost of the sample order and they can just send out what you ordered.

Always use the Escrow service on Ali E - as it gives you more protection.

Hope some of these notes helps any newbies to AliE
    samk121 likes this.
  16. Mark Story

Mark Story

I am sorry that several of you have had a problem with suppliers on AliExpress. As others have noted, please understand that AliExpress is a platform that connects buyers and sellers; we are not the supplier of the goods purchased.

For others who read this, it might help to know that AliExpress.com has a customer service team to assist you. There are a couple of different ways to get in touch with them. One is to fill out our online form. It’s here: *********************************************************************************************** (you’ll need to log in) or send an email with the particulars of your situation to ********************.

We can’t resolve 100% of customer issues, but I promise that we will try.

Sincerely,

Mark Story
    Director, International Corporate Affairs
    Alibaba Group
  17. magictouch786

magictouch786

james is bob on - its a waste of time - too many scam artists. catch a plane!
  18. Pete

Pete

Or use my broker/sourcing services.................
  19. magictouch786

magictouch786

To this date whenever i've bought from aliexpress - 2 out 4 times i have been left out of pocket. Customer service is abysmal. Though the system is designed to copy ebay the customer service is no where near ebay's. Perhaps language is a barrier? a telephone service allowing the customer to explain what his problems are would certainly help issues.

I had a situation where i ordered 600 led bulbs. 300 were delivered. out of which 60 were smashed. so i ended up with 240. UK customs charged me duty on 600. After haranguing the seller i got a refund eventually for the non delivered items and the 60 damaged - however the extra duty was never refunded.

From another seller i purchased g9 led bulbs - again in bulk - and this time the bulbs didnt even fit the socket. No one wanted to know!

Then the other issue is a self employed person having opened several alibaba accounts - and listed 2 items to sell - without notice the accounts were shut! not once but 4 times. im now on my 5th account and running out of emails to open one! when you ask alibaba what the problem is - they say please provide government registration number - or something to that effect - but as a self employed person - where not registered with companies house! Despite this all of these accounts still get emails offering upgrades to gold service from some personal account manager who is so personal that he doesnt know they have blocked the account!

If alibaba or aliexpress is simply after big customer businesses then they are not likely to use this service. It is the small man or company which is trying to grow bigger that will avail this service so i dont think its tailor made for them.

I know its not a one of - because 2 of my friends who are involved in the e-cig market have just booked tickets to fly out themselves and source the products directly!
  20. Zakir Hussain

Zakir Hussain

Hi James,

I want to do retails business but I need a reliable source where I can buy clothes from. Could you please help me? My email address is **********************. Many thanks