1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

I want to work for Foxtons

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by missdiva, Jul 7, 2007.

1. missdiva

missdiva

I want to work for Foxtons.

Have a telephone interview lined up..

Apparently some of the questions i will be asked are:

why do i want to work for foxtons?

what skills do i have to bring?

can anyone give me some advice..i get so nervous in interviews!
  2. TOF_graham

TOF_graham

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    After a long 15 seconds of agonising about this I think your best approach is complete honesty. Don't try and bluff your way through these very testing questions. Keep focused and whatever you do STAY CALM. I don't think these are trick questions but of course you can never tell. I would suggest the following answers:-

Q.'Why do I want to work for foxtons?'

A. I havn't the foggiest - what is it?

Q.'What skills do I have to bring?'

A. Have you seen my colouring in book by numbers?

That'll blast them!

Let us know how you get on, don't forget - keep posting!!
  3. missdiva

missdiva

passed the phone interview.

im invited to a presentation about the company and a one to one interview later this thursday at their head office.

if i get it...i must be 'prepared to sell my soul to the devil' ..atleast ill be getting paid for it and have a nice little car thrown in. [​IMG]
  4. B-Tech

B-Tech

Miss Diva,

Something tells me (probably from some of the other posts that you have written) that it was the company car that got you interested in working at foxtons...

What happened to all the advice people gave you on this site about looking ahead for your future and where you want to be in 10 years etc? so many people including me have given up their time to write out sensible and practical suggestions to help you decide your future business plan, to me it feels like it has fallen on deaf ears and that you still dont know what you really want.

When someone offers good advice why not reply with something more constructive instead of jumping from one idea to another, if you carry on this way you will never acheive what you want.

I know people get annoyed with you on this site and it doesn't seem to affect you, but it should because its fustrating when you come out with, to be blunt, dribble. Please dont think im having a pop at you because im not, just take a step back and look at all the posts you have made on this site and you will soon see what we mean.

lets hope you understand this
    Al
  5. missdiva

missdiva

no of course its not the car , thats just a nice perk !..

its about the money simple as that and that would be the same for anyone going into a sales orientated career.
    i want to make as much as i can to invest in property /business and lead the lifestyle i want to lead.

and foxtons would be a good opportunity as the basic salary is good and with comission being so good in property im going to go for it!

im keeping my options open to all things. i dont think that is a bad thing!
  6. Big Phil

Big Phil

Keeping your options open is one thing. Jumping from idea to idea without giving things a go is another.

What happened to moving abroad?
  7. missdiva

missdiva

not doing that onow ^^ as my mums bought me a flat so im not in such a rush.

as that was purely for me to come back with a lump sum to invest in a flat.
  8. R1H1ES

R1H1ES

Congrats, but I have to tell you its hard graft make sure you learn about valuations, comparables and trends in the market, regeneration and rental values, yeilds free hold and leaseholds to name a few. I attended an interview in one of thier offices in London a while back. I passed but turned them down and subsequently went on to pursue a career in IT recruitment. They are a great company but be ready to b%*ch and also back stab in order to close deals. If you end up in the Canary wharf branch just make sure that you network and take your business card wherever you go and also be prepared to perfect the art of drinking.

Good luck with the interview. Has the basic changed, as they where offering me 11k and the rest to be made up in form of commission on any major deals ?
  9. missdiva

missdiva

basic is now 22k not bad, yes i know it will be hard work!... and nothing like a standard 9-5 , but there is £££ to be made,
    its not a job for the faint hearted.

what sort of questions did they ask?
    im told its just a presentation by them on foxtons , meeting with directors /managers etc then one to one interview and form there a decission is made, im going to chiswick head office for that one.

aswell as this, i also have an interview with huxley associates (i.t recruitment) do you know them?? , and another i.t recruitment company all on thurs , so a busy day for me!
  10. R1H1ES

R1H1ES

In a nutshell, its in the presentation it was more of a gathering and they just wanted to see how you react in social circles. During the event you are questioned about previous jobs and then asked about what plans you have for the future. They will then summon you for a one to one interview in which they ask you to sell an item,mine was a pen. Which I sold with passion. I advise that when you are selling sell with enthusiasm and give the impression that you believe in the product. They may also ask why you should be the one employed over the others. State that you have met and chatted to the others and you need to during the social gathering get to know what they have done and just sell yourself. Talk about the trends and developments in the market and future trends and also how you have excelled. Social life etc a bit of B S that you network and that you are mates to well heeled people but do not over do it as they may call your bluff when you start working and you will have to deliver.

Hope that helps and please do not drink too much wine lol, as wine will be flowing on the day.

Let us know how it goes, especially me, as I would like to be a house husband and if you are earning 24k + commison we can split it lol.

On a serious note god luck
  11. force5

force5

ok question..

Are estate agents still charging 1.5-2% of a house sale?

How much are they actually paying to the sales people?
  12. Stuart Morrison

Stuart Morrison

Glengarry Glenross is mandatory viewing as is Boiler Room. If you watch them they'll give you some great tips on how to get along.

ABC: Always Be Closing

AIDA:
    Attention. Get your prospects attention
    Interest. Get them interested
    Desire. Make them desire the product, really sell that thing baby
    Action. Tell them what they have to do to have that thing in their life.

THEN CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE. I like the assumptive, but you might go for the presumptive, or the frinedly or anyone of the following:
    1-2-3 Close - close with the principle of three.
    Adjournment Close - give them time to think.
    Affordable Close - ensuring people can afford what you are selling.
    Alternative Close - offering a limited set of choices.
    Assumptive Close - acting as if they are ready to decide.
    Balance-sheet Close - adding up the pros and the cons.
    Best-time Close - emphasize how now is the best time to buy.
    Bonus Close - offer delighter to clinch the deal.
    Bracket Close - make three offers - with the target in the middle.
    Calendar Close - put it in the diary.
    Companion Close - sell to the person with them.
    Compliment Close - flatter them into submission.
    Concession Close - give them a concession in exchange for the close.
    Conditional Close - link closure to resolving objections.
    Courtship Close - woo them to the close.
    Customer-care Close - the Customer Care Manager calls later and re-opens the conversation.
    Demonstration Close - show them the goods.
    Distraction Close - catch them in a weak moment.
    Doubt Close - show you doubt the product and let them disagree.
    Economic Close - help them pay less for what they get.
    Embarrassment Close - make not buying embarrassing.
    Emotion Close - trigger identified emotions.
    Empathy Close - empathize with them, then sell to your new friend.
    Empty-offer Close - make them an empty offer that the sale fills.
    Future Close - close on a future date.
    Golden Bridge Close - make the only option attractive.
    Handshake Close - offer handshake to trigger automatic reciprocation.
    Humor Close - relax them with humor.
    Hurry Close - go fast to stop them thinking too much.
    IQ Close - say how this is for intelligent people.
    Never-the-best-time Close - for customers who are delaying.
    No-hassle Close - make it as easy as possible.
    Now-or-never Close - to hurry things up.
    Ownership Close - act as if they own what you are selling.
    Price-promise Close - promise to meet any other price.
    Puppy Close - acting cute to invoke sympathy and a nurturing response.
    Quality Close - sell on quality, not on price.
    Repetition Close - repeat a closing action several times.
    Retrial Close - go back to square one.
    Reversal Close - act as if you do not want them to buy the product.
    Selective-deafness Close - respond only to what you want to hear.
    Shame Close - make not buying shameful.
    Standing-room-only Close - show how others are queuing up to buy.
    Summary Close - tell them all the things they are going to receive.
    Testimonial Close - use a happy customer to convince the new customer.
    Treat Close - persuade them to 'give themselves a treat'.
    Trial Close - see if they are ready for a close.
    Valuable Customer Close - offer them a special 'valued customer' deal.
    Ultimatum Close - show negative consequences of not buying.
    Yes-set Close - get them saying 'yes' and they'll keep saying 'yes'.

But never try a close you feel uncomfortable with. Good luck I looooove sales and if you really love what you do then you'll never work a day in your life!
  13. R1H1ES

R1H1ES

I love sales as well and I love the rewards which come with it.

Well said Stu
  14. missdiva

missdiva

i didint get foxtons :-(

25 of us there. they took our pictures first! ..why i dont know! ..then it was a presentation followed by a social for the most part where you would walk around and talk with the recruitment team, during that each of us would eb called out for a 1 to 1 interview with a director.

i thought i may of been in with a chance as the director seemed to like me and said he could imagine me in one of their offices and i also seemed to be in the interview longer than the others around.

i also visited huxley associates (it recruitment with ote of 30 - 35 k first yr). i got through to second stage but blew it on the final stage when the guy asked me to sell his company some pens :-(
    oh well i wont give up, even if i face rejection 100 times...i have 5 other possible interviews lined up.
  15. Big Phil

Big Phil

"Sell me this pen". I love that. I've had that one crop up a few times during interviews for sales roles in the past.
  16. Stuart Morrison

Stuart Morrison

Take the pen off them and then say "I now have the pen" put it in your pocket and say "You gave it away" then say "What are you going to do to get it back?", then wait for the reply.
  17. R1H1ES

R1H1ES

Oh well never give up girl. I have been told to sell a pen on many occassions and I sell the darn thing and when I give it back to the interviewer they never seem to pay for it.

The reason why they take the pics is order to remember who you are when they are carrying out the selection and also to analyse the way you dress as this aspect does play a part in that career path.

Just keep on trying remember in those industries, you just can't come accross as being soft, you need to show a bit of aggression.
  18. missdiva

missdiva

another rejection today ! with montash..i blew it when i couldint explain my comission structure, well thats cos its crap!

he basically told me , the company i work for is crap and i cant be money motivated if i odnt know my comission structure.

oh well i'll know for next time, the hunt continues.
  19. optimus99

optimus99

Man!! This forum is like a reality show. Waaaay better than watching television! Miss Diva is not very bright but she needs a job. Will she ever get a job??? I wanna know!! Rejected three times in 2007. Why did you guys stop writing?? I want to know the conclusion to the life of Miss diva. Its been 6 years. What has come of her? Did she succeed in sales cause we all know that's definitely not her field......but we want her to figure it out herself. Find her calling. Miss Diiiiivvvaaa!!! What has become of you???
  20. JermaineR8

JermaineR8

Your first post on a business forum is on a 6 year old thread that is not even business related?

My spidey senses are tingling :D

But now you have opened the can, what did happen to the Diva?