1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Importing from China Suppliers – Managing your Risks

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Global Sources, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jimxjk

jimxjk

Hi, it is by air or by sea? have you trust this supplier? if the supplier can't offer FOB, you should find a forwarder to do everything and collect the goods from supplier factory directly. If the supplier can offer FOB, you are better to let this supplier offer CIF too, because it is easy to find more cheaper forwarder by local enqury.

saahaodotcom likes this.
  2. DOLCE VITA

DOLCE VITA

@jimxjk : aaaaahhhhh so many questions!!!! lols. thank you for that though not to sound like a complete bouffon, i will definately use them as lines of enquiry :)

I made an enquiry for bair extensions from an indian manufacturer.

This was his reply.He has supplied 4 websites where the order can be made too. Please tell me what you think. It will be my 1st order and I do not want to be scammed:

the cost of your order is mentioned below with the details of the payment .we gold supplier in Alibaba form many years.below of the cost i am sending you links of our website.

1kg of Straight Brazilian Remi, 16 inches = usd 341.25
    pest control and origin certificate = usd 55
    shipping charges = usd 60
    grand total = usd 456.25

ONLY MONEY GRAM INFORMATION no western union First name = RAJWINDER
    Last name = SINGH
    City = LUDHIANA
    Country = INDIA
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  3. DOLCE VITA

DOLCE VITA

just to add that he has also supplied a telephone number.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  4. jimxjk

jimxjk

Hi MADELEINE,

If you can verify this company have been golden supplier of alibaba for many years, it can be add the score of credit because this trading amount should be not more than the credit value of many years.Of cours you should verify this by self but not only listen from supplier self.
    Others, you can refer to below manners which I have advise in other links.
    you can verify the Chinese suppliers from Alibaba by below ways:

1) Price: Expense not mean good quality, but cheapest must man bad quality or service, is the price you got very low compared with regular prices from market?
    2) Company History: Scammer/Fraud have to change company name often, if this company is registered for a short time, you should be carefully.This can be verified by some government website free or with some cost;
    3) Credit Record: You can search this company from internet, then you can find some information or what is the feedback by other buyers. It can also know some information about this company history by the posted/written date of the poster/member;
    4) Verify by friend: if you have Chinese friends, it is better, just let them call the suppliers directly and also find some information from internet by Chinese language, but this is only assistant manner for above;
    Don't believe the paper certificate which from Alibaba or Chinese Government /Organization;

Item 2 is best way, because as one company with a long history, at least they will never scam several thousands dollar without shipping to destroy self credit.HK registered Company can be verified in English without cost as the link I given in below. But for Chinese registered company, no free website to support, also no English version to support, so best way is to verify by Chinese friends.
    It is better to use security payment way if it is personal bank account for first order before you trust this person.

saahaodotcom likes this.
  5. DOLCE VITA

DOLCE VITA

thank you so much
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  6. partyballoons

partyballoons

there are a lot of good suppliers as well as the bad ones,like any other country,i have never had a problem from any of my suppliers...just do your home work first,and if some thing seems to good to be true,then it usually is..good luck
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  7. DOLCE VITA

DOLCE VITA

You are all so very helpful, I feel like such a fish out of the water with this import /sourcing etc, but slowly and surely it is beginning to sink in.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  8. QualityControl

QualityControl

Great advice from jimxjk! The paper certificates the company possesses will not reveal as much first-hand accounts from those who are familiar with the company. And cheaper is not always better, especially if it means that the quality suffers. All of these have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, based on your needs and the company's capabilities.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  9. richardho2007

richardho2007 Banned Member

the common Non-branded 10.1'' mini netbook, even for 100 pieces wholesale price are 100-120 pound, you have 300pound buget, i think you can only buy 1 piece at about 135pound and with the shipment cost 30pound, so the total cost for 1 netbook into uk will be (135+30)*1.2 VAT= 198 pound.:)

please forget this business when you have 300 pound budget.

saahaodotcom likes this.
  10. richardho2007

richardho2007 Banned Member

normally, most of factories and exporter sell at ex-works or FOB prices.
    for the buyer, with FOB, add up the shipment cost and import tax.

for sellers, they want to receive full payment before deliver, FOB terms normally under this.
    CNF terms are normally 30% deposit in front and balance after shipment documents.
    so, sellers prefer FOB for payments terms.

saahaodotcom likes this.
  11. hunterd

hunterd

i am a chinese. i give you a tip, if you want to find a good resource,you can search the good in taobao.com. this is the most biggest C2C platform in china. and then choose a few shop , talk to the shop owner , get your information.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  12. gothicwholesale

gothicwholesale

good thread. but do note unless you are physically there, to inspect the goods, being packed and uploaded to container, there is no guarantee you will have 100% risk free transaction buying out of china. even some factories you had dealt with 2 years or so, would run afoul sometimes. just giving my two cents and hard learnt experiences.... good luck to those who are embarking to buy online from china....
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  13. zozo

zozo

Thanks for sharing.
    It's helpful for everyone.Especially someone who want to start business all over the world.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  14. Andy.Guo

Andy.Guo

low price with high risk when importing from china,thanks
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  15. rosalina

rosalina

Hello!
    I open a store women´s clothing, and i need more retailers, so can help me, indicate new retailers are secure and reliable.
    thank you
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  16. Marek Baldovsky

Marek Baldovsky

Hi amanda...I m doing business in central Europe...I would be interested in your T-shirts...I feel free to discuss about it with you
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  17. Clovis

Clovis

saahaodotcom likes this.
  18. InspectionPartner

InspectionPartner Banned Member

This is good advice. Don't just go for the cheapest price and doing research is the most important so you know exactly who your supplier is and where it is best to purchase your goods. Also doing quality inspection and pre shipment inspections are important. Receiving your goods in a unsellable state with no offer of a refund is very common in China.
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  19. mambate75

mambate75

goog,d thanks for you share!
    saahaodotcom likes this.
  20. Christopher Gittens

Christopher Gittens

Great thread thanks
    saahaodotcom likes this.