1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Importing from China Suppliers – Managing your Risks

Discussion in 'China Sourcing' started by Global Sources, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Malcolm Redman

Malcolm Redman

Sourcing in is never an easy prospect more so when looking for suppliers in China and with suppliers that are new and you can not verify. One big mistake that buyers always make when dealing with buyers is not using as escrow service which can help secure your payments. Some suppliers insist that they be paid directly via wire transfer and do not accept escrow payments. If this is the case then you need to think if these suppliers are good or even genuine companies.

Genuine verified suppliers can be found at ********************* here you know that the suppliers you deal with are genuine and that you do have to worry if your payment will be taken and not products sent out. AsianProducts is a good place to start your search.
  2. intesantelimited

intesantelimited

Audit your supplier factory is very necessary.
    Inspect all the goods before shipped.
  3. Ross Smith

Ross Smith

Frankly speaking, I don't think this article is good at all. It seems comprehensive, but most of the suggestions have one purpose: please use global sources.com.
    In fact, most of the content is misleading.

First, it's not realistic to understand the market just by reading global sources e-magazine, which will contain a lot of advertisement of the products from suppliers who pay global sources.

Second, there is no guarantee that all of the suppliers in global sources platform are reliable. As an importer with 6 years' experience, I came across a scam from this platform. The fraud just took away my deposit and then disappear for good.
    I would suggest to invite a third-party inspection company to conduct a simple audit before you place an order. Use local companies, they can help you detect whether it's a scam very easily and find the problem you can't find by yourself. Don't use those companies who claimt to have thoudands of inspectors. They are not their own.

Third, the suggestion of recommending an inspection agent is ridiculous! The agents will not only take commission from you, but also from the factory he will audit. What's worse is that the agent will not report you any major problem because the commission given by the factory is more than what you give. There is corruption everywhere. My suggestion is not to use any part-time, or freelance agents. Use well-organised and professional ones. Try hard to find a suitable one and establish long-term with this one.

Misleading information in this article is here and there. For new importers, I don't recommend you to learn from this article. It's just an advertisement of its own platform!
  4. Mark Garcia

Mark Garcia

I would say understanding the market and how it works is one of the most important things to consider when you decide to import from China into UK.
    Deal with chinese suppliers is never easy, the best call is finding a realible Chinese supplier, who already works there for several years, knows the market and have options for you, they can also advice you during the whole process and you can focus 100% in the strategy for your business, good luck!