1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Increase the number of PM's

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Jazzie83, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Jazzie83

Jazzie83

I think it would be useful to allow us a greater PM space than 50. Since the PM function is utilised greatly. It wouldn't be much of a difference in terms of space that it occupied on the DB either, say if it was increased to 100-150.
  2. Anthony

Anthony

Fair suggestion, but it has been suggested before.

50 is adequate storage in my opinion for regular members. Sellers have more storage space for obvious reasons. At the end of the day it doesn't take a lot of time to clean out your box every week if that is what is required. The feature should be treated just like it would at home or the office: You wouldn't leave all your mail on the doorstep, you would pick it up and read it, or you would throw away stuff you have read ect. (Taking it a bit extreme of course but I think you get my point.)

If there is a lot of people that feel this is necessary then feel free to put your opinion here, I will consider it if enough people think its necessary.. :rolleyes:
  3. RWA

RWA

As Anthony said, do some regular housekeeping on your inbox. Also did you see the options for downloading the PMs you want to keep?
  4. YNWA

YNWA

I need more than 250 :(

I wish people would stop sending usless PM's asking for details on items when all the details are right there in the for sale thread. People need to read!
  5. Jazzie83

Jazzie83

Yes. Of course, I've had my own vBulletin community for 6 years, but still it's nicer to have a central location for the PM's rather than downloading xml files and saving them on your hard disk. Perhaps you would need to access them on a different computer, how would having downloaded your PM's help there?

Just a suggestion. Thats all... :niceone:
  6. bennetts

bennetts

I gotta agree with anthony 50 is more than enough.
    If the info in the pm is important to you just copy & paste it into word
  7. YNWA

YNWA

THAT IS OF NO USE IF YOU ACCESS THEM ELSEWHERE THO? AS THEY WILL BE ON YOUR PC AT HOME OR WORK. I THINK IT MIGHT BE BENEFICIAL IF IT WENT TO 75 FOR NORMAL MEMBERS BUT THEN AGAIN I DO THINK 50 IS ENOUGH FOR THE REGULAR BUYER, HOW MUCH INFO DO YOU REALLY NEED IN THERE?
  8. Anthony

Anthony

I have made the following changes for you guys:

Regular Members - Now 75 stored messages
    Registered Forum Sellers - Now 300 stored messages

Hope that solves it. :)
  9. RWA

RWA

Did you really mean to type all of that in caps?
  10. Club

Club

75 is good, I just wish the sent messages did not count. Mine recently filled up, would that mean that I could not recieve any more until I deleted some?

I hope I did not miss any.
  11. glasshaus

glasshaus

Once its full you cant receive any more until there is some space allocated. If you regularly empty it, or download the ones you don't need any longer, it wont be a problem.;)
  12. Club

Club

I emptied it. I hope I didnt miss any.