Indoipod.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by petratisa, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petratisa

petratisa

Hi guys,I have found Indoipod.com.
    What do you think about it? :\
  2. guru4us

guru4us

they are based in Jakarta (indonesia)..,prices are waaaay to low but most of all. they're based in indonesia :eek:
    100% scammers
    moving to name and shame :D
  3. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

I truly believe that ANY site with iPod in the name is a scam...
  4. Anthony

Anthony

Appologies for joining so late,

Just taken a look at the site and nearly cracked up in front of a libary full of people..

Highly amusing..

Belong in the Name & Shame for sure.. :(
  5. Xile2005

Xile2005

Their price for a Nano is over $100 less than wholesale! These scammers would probably get away with it if they made their prices a little more realistic!
  6. garyford

garyford

Indoipod.com is a confirmed scam site. No question about it. I did a whois on that domain and called the person listed as the billing contact. A woman answered the phone and right when I mentioned indoipod.com she started screaming at me telling me the conversation was being recorded and I was going to be arrested for identity theft, then she hung up on me.

FYI - her address was a mobile home just outside Pittsburgh PA, USA. I actually felt sorry for her.

I also got email from indoipod.com ... their terms were wire transfer only, no company documentation, but they emailed me a SGS document. I checked with SGS and they verified the document was forged.

SCAM - QED

Gary
  7. guru4us

guru4us

nice work Gary :D welcome to the forum
  8. foosk

foosk

Definately scammers. They have a pyramid of contacts that doesn't tally up. They sent me an email listing Indonesian phone numbers. A check on Alibaba/Exporters show their address is located in Singapore. Address seems to be invalid too, after a search from yellowpages. I realised that most iIndoenesian scammers seem to prefer listing their location in Singapore/Malaysia, just to appear more legit. I have tried contacting a few Singaporean Suppliers whose number turned out to be invalid. After further contacting, they would say they are currently in Indonesia attending tradeshows etc and would then forward me an Indonesian number for further contact. You guys can pretty much work out the rest of the story from here.

In a nutshell, I would definately avoid purchasing electronics from Indonesians. Their approach are too shifty in certain ways and secondly, most electronics are not produced there. In fact, I used to suply mobile phones to Indonesians from singapore. Thus, how could they offer electronics which are significantly lower than the average wholesale price?
  9. woodle

woodle

I honestly think if alibaba wants to increase its image..they should ban all indonesian and nigerian electronics sellers from posting sales leads.(this would decrease scammer numbers considerably:)Until Alibaba does then they will always be considered SCAM HEAVEN
  10. guru4us

guru4us

its going to be a monumental task for them though..indonesian scammers sometimes give out addresses from different countries.
  11. Anthony

Anthony

Alibaba has lost its reputation already for a lot of people. Most will never buy off there, simply because the damage has been done already so to speak.. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.