[Infographic] Social media workflow

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lace, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

How much time do you spend for social media nowadays? Here’s an interesting social media workflow for a 40 hour work week. Also helpful if you want a breakdown of tasks for your social media manager (if outsourcing).

socialmediaworkflow.png

Sounds feasible and ideal to me but what do you think? Calling all blogging, FB, Twitter, and SEO pros! :)
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

Personally I would add one more sector if I were them - Maths practice 0.5 Hours. ;)
  3. shaununo

shaununo

Toilet time and reading the paper!, Don't tell me the working man has lost his half hour skive time each week.
    Import Expert likes this.
  4. Gary

Gary

At the moment reseach and planning takes far more than 4 hours a week due to my forthcoming project so it's a case of balancing what I can when I can but then again I do generally work more than 40 hours.
  5. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

@Shaun, check out the gear below Listening haha

Just to add to this thread, you can also break up tasks to the following (I attended a webinar yesterday and this is what I learned)

Research
    Strategy
    Create
    Optimize
    Outreach + Promote
    Measure
  6. shaununo

shaununo

@Lace, I spent many years in the field or shop floor practising them tasks you mentioned, no class rooms for me i'm afraid, but still a seasoned professional.

Research the shop floor, and find out the times when any team leader or management meetings are taking place.
    Strategy, get them urgent jobs done now so no one looks for you later or interupts you while reading the paper!
    Create and enjoy a little "me time" and well being by reading that paper in work time.
    Optimize, you could always do two jobs at once if nature calls while reading the paper.
    Outreach + promote, pass that newspaper onto your fellow workers and share the love and solidarity.
    Measure that smug smile on your face for another job well done.
  7. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Lol, well that's another way to put it! Anyway, haven't seen you on Twitter for a while when I finally got @wholesaleoutlet correct :p

Some tools that can help with the tasks mentioned above (for Twitter): trap.it, followerwonk
    shaununo likes this.
  8. shaununo

shaununo

I will take a look at the tools you mentioned lace and will be a bit more active on twitter next week as i have been busy sorting my ebay shop out these last few weeks by converting old single listings into the multi listing format.
    Lace likes this.