intune-distributors.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by garyford, Oct 14, 2005.

1. garyford

garyford

I have been looking at:

http://www.intune-distributors.com

It looked like a very good SCAM site. I was skeptical for several reasons. 1) The whois info was blocked by protectfly.com 2) The domain had been registered only a week before. 3) The website was of professional quality 4) the prices were reasonable.

I had an email conversation with the sales dept. The price for iPods was good, but the only payment method was a wire transfer to a Mr. Ling in Singapore. No escrow, CC, cod or anything else. No other documentation on the company would be provided.

I wrote it off as a scam, but since they had a "salehoo certified" sticker on their site, I emailed www.salehoo.com and asked about them. To my surprise, salehoo replied and said they were reputable and people were ordering ipods and psp without problem. (Ordering yes, but receiving..... ;) )

Now I am not sure if it is a scam or not. I am tempted to order one iPod as a test, but I hate to waste $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I would love other opinions.

Gary
  2. xslegend

xslegend

I have been looking at this distributor as well. Here is the deal, I was skeptical at first but intune allowed me to do a test order, and they gave me their bank details, bank address, and business address. I asked them for a phone number but they said the canceled it since they were receiving more calls then they could handle. So I wondered....

I e-mailed SaleHoo to see if intune was really up to business, since I saw they were "salehoo" certified I e-mailed salehoo to find out. I asked them if intune-distributors was legit and not a scam. They replied to me promptly and said this:

Yes they are, They have been dealing with our customer for about 6 months now and we have heard no bad comments about them and only praise for their service and prices.

Kind Regards,

The SaleHoo Support Team

SaleHoo - The Worlds Leading Directory of Wholesale Distributors

So taking this I would go ahead in ordering a 1 unit test order, and after that order more.
  3. xamell

xamell

Both sites are scam.

I think these two sites are scam, and work together to lure people.

The salehoo certificate on intunes site doesnt verify anything, it just takes it to the site.

Also, the whois info of both sites are similar in a way. They both use register fly, with whois protection, and both are located in New York.

New York is not a good place to look for wholesalers IMO.

I could be wrong though, if anyone tries them out, let us know.
  4. garyford

garyford

I don't think salehoo and intune-distributers.com are doing an ipod scam together. I do think that salehoo assisted intune in geting a website setup. Salehoo has been around a while and I don't think they set themselves up just to scam a few suckers with ipods.

Now, I do think that salehoo does some dodgy stuff. For example, I am fairly certain they setup the site:

http://www.wholesaledistributorsreview.com/

This website presents itself as an independent distributor review organization, who, surprise, surprise, recommends salehoo from a list of others. That site too is protected by protectfly.com.

I must confess I am tempted to do a very small test order with intune.

Gary
  5. xslegend

xslegend

Gary be sure to follow up on your experience with Intune. ~ I do think they are legit.
  6. garyford

garyford

I placed a very small test order with intune-distributers.com yesterday (Oct 18) :eek: . They professionally acknowledged my payment, and told me such transfers would take several days to clear.

I'll keep the forum notified as events unfold.

Gary
  7. guru4us

guru4us

ok..keep us updated
  8. Gonefarwest

Gonefarwest Banned Member

That website was newly registered on Oct. 2, 2005

They used a private registration service so there is no way of knowing anything about the owner of the site.

There is at least a 99% chance that the site is nothing more than a scam.

may not be a genius but I only see 12 days between Oct. 2 and Oct. 14. 6 months doesn't fit.

How likely is it that a web based business that has only existed for 12 days, has been doing business with satisfied customers for 6 months?

If Salehoo told you this was a legitimate company that's been in business for 6 months, then Salehoo must be part of the scam.

Actually, I've been trying to track down this company too. It is not a listed company in Singapore, no registration number, will not take an escrow, etc... I also signed up for SaleHoo and have been in contact with their customer service--and according to them, they say InTunes is great. However, I've asked for references of satisfied customers but they have yet to deliver.... Has anyone ACTUALLY used these guys??????????????? Getting more skeptical of InTunes and SaleHoo by the day
  9. garyford

garyford

Has anyone ACTUALLY used these guys??? Please look two posts up. I just place a small test order with intune-distributers.com and wired the money yesterday. If you sit back patiently, you will find out if they are legit or not. I will report back whether I got scammed like a fool, or if the product arrived as advertized.

Wait and learn... though why do I keep hearing a "flushing" sound when I think of the money I sent. :\
  10. Anthony

Anthony

How much have you sent?

I would be on to your bank pretty soon if nothing arrives.. :(
  11. garyford

garyford

I have sent no more than I could afford to lose. ;)
  12. Gonefarwest

Gonefarwest Banned Member

I was thinking of sending for a few units but reading posts on this forum and speaking to 2 of my reliable suppliers, both have said excatly the same thing to me word by word. Anyone claiming to have Ipods they are laying because Apple have called 10% to 20% of their stocks back. 10 - 20 % call back in the distribution world is huge.

They warned not to deal and be very carefull till after the holidays.

I was thinking of sample units too but will hold on till my suppliers confim with them first.

A year or so ago. Sent for sample order and recieved it with no problem whatsoever. I placed 15+ units a week later and never saw that money again :mad: . Recieving sample order does not necessary mean that they are ligit.
  13. garyford

garyford

However, not receiving a sample order will quickly tell you that they are not legit. But you are right, they could have a few ipods sitting around to "bait" people with test orders. Then scam them big with the large order comes.
  14. garyford

garyford

intune-distributors.com == salehoo.com

Looks like salehoo did, in fact, setup the intune site for them. If not, it is one hell of a coincidence that their domains both resolve to the same ip address!!!!

C:\>nslookup intune-distributors.com
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: intune-distributors.com
    Address: 216.227.210.126

C:\>nslookup salehoo.com
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: salehoo.com
    Address: 216.227.210.126

C:\>ping salehoo.com
    Pinging salehoo.com [216.227.210.126] with 32 bytes of data:
    C:\>ping intune-distributors.com
    Pinging intune-distributors.com [216.227.210.126] with 32 bytes of data:

So if you trust salehoo, you can probably trust intune.
  15. guru4us

guru4us

but why would u set up two sites recommending each other unless u are trying to mislead people
  16. garyford

garyford

To increase sales, obviously. Not the most ethical approach, but probably effective. False advertizing comes in all shapes and sizes.
  17. venus de milo

venus de milo

If anyone else wants to deposit the 'money they can afford to lose'

can i have it
  18. garyford

garyford

Not unless you set up your own scam website! :p Don't forget the salehoo certification either!!!
  19. venus de milo

venus de milo

just thought i'd cut out the middle man
    there must be loads of you out there with money thats surplus to requirements

i suppose the fact i can spell gives me away though

oh well back to the 'get rich quick' drawing board
  20. bunkjack

bunkjack

Be Aware!

With all of this information, I believe everyone needs to stay clear. There is no way to get your money back from bank transfer. There is no way what so ever. Why do they only accept Bank transfer? For the very reason you can't get your money back. They have only had this website for a little bit. Who wants to hand over 1000's of dollars to this place? Come on, unless anyone has solid proof this company is good, lets not give it our business.