1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

intune-distributors.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by garyford, Oct 14, 2005.

1. evideo

evideo

Hi, you can reach ling by emailing him at sggadgets@yahoo.com and as for the action being taken on the supplier in China, I was told it is has already started and will last till end of this year. The suppliers in singapore know about it but no one wants to comment or get involved. From what I gather and when i asked around, ling's supplier is an established company in china and does supply to many international businesses including selling retail. However since ling has not released the name of the supplier and their parent company, no one actually knows.
  2. Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge

Did anyone ever find out if the sale went through? Were they legit?
  3. Alihorne

Alihorne

Ling has stated that he is away for the next two weeks on legal matters.
    I have instructed my solicitor to instigate legal proceedings against him but the oneproblem is we don't actually know where he is. Then it's whether we can get the money out of him.
    I see that someone mentioned they had spoken to other suppliers in Singapore and they are aware of the situation. I would be very interested to know if they think this is a scam or whether Ling is authentic.
  4. Alihorne

Alihorne

Ling latest

This is the latest fromLing...

Dear Customer,

Action is currently being taken on the old supplier as of May 18th 2006 to recover ALL outstanding funds.

All outstanding/balance refunds are scheduled in October 2006 when settlement/refund is reached and received.

I will be away June 1st 2006 to June 25th 2006 on legal matters. I have limited NET access during this time. I have had to extend my stay further.

Next Update June 16th 2006.
  5. trader7

trader7

Latest News

Shen Ling was beaten to death by 3 unknown on June 10th. His body was found in a rusty apartment complex basement in Singapore, still clutching a suitcase filled with millions of Singapore dollars. Refunds will be sent out Monday. No, actually he's still alive, healthy and happy but everybody was relieved for a few seconds.
  6. Alihorne

Alihorne

Latest

Here is the latest from Ling...

Dear Customer,

Currently, action has being taken against the old supplier to recover funds owed to me.

Some refunds will be cleared by end of this month June 2006 (i.e. those who have been contacted by email) while the balance are scheduled in late October 2006 when a settlement is reached between me and the supplier.

I am away till June 30th 2006 on legal matters. Internet access is limited to me but do email me if you have questions. I might not be able to respond immediately.

Next Update June 30th 2006.
  7. Alihorne

Alihorne

Has anyone actually had an email from him? Who are these people he speaks of that will be getting their money back?
  8. ahmedk

ahmedk

Mod Edit: Removed - Way off topic - Unnecessary!
  9. trader7

trader7

Mod Edit: Highly unnecessary comment. You cannot throw insults like that around!
  10. tantk

tantk

I have always wondered why in the first place there was a need to subscribe to such

services as salehoo or any other websites that provide such services at a cost.

I understand not everyone are scammers who list on such sites. Many a times, they

are just brokers.

Take for example alibaba, there are alot of scammers as they are amongst the biggest

site which have also alot of suppliers or brokers. However amongst the scammers,

there are also alot of honest brokers as well that list there.
  11. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Too many people believe they can buy any name brand product wholesale,when they buy these wholesale lists.Name brand(Trademark ) products have their own distribution network through authorized distributors.

Different companies have different requirements for selling their products,some will only sell to brink and mortar stores and have required purchase amounts per year.Others will sell to e-commerce seller's,if you can meet their requirements.

Scott
  12. Alihorne

Alihorne

Ling latest

According to his automatic email response he is currently in the process of making second payments to customers. He also states that he is unavailable until 1st August.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS RECEIVED ANY MONIES?

The latest from my end is that a writ of summons has been served and he now has to respond within 8 days.

ANYONE ELSE DOING ANYTHING?
  13. Alihorne

Alihorne

Ling latest

We have been advised that there is less than $5 sitting in his bank account as his assets have been frozen. Furthermore, our lawyer has been unable to serve a writ on Ling as both addresses are empty.

When setting up his business he did not supply a residential address that could be verified. And no one knows where he currently is.

We could apply for bankcruptcy against him which would mean that he would have to regularly report to an official Assigne. However, there is not guarantee that we would get our money back.

Please note that if he doesn't report to this official then a warrant can be issued for his arrest.

Alternatively, if enough people join forces then an official complaint can be lodged with the Police who then might take the matter seriously.

PLEASE GET IN CONTACT WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO PURSUE YOUR MONEY.

LET'S NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THIS.
  14. Alihorne

Alihorne

Update

And for those of you being taken in by his automatted Yahoo responses about payments being made and the matter being dealt with in China DO NOT BELIEVE THIS.

His assets have been frozen so there is no way he can make the payments!!!!!
  15. Alihorne

Alihorne

SG Gadgets

I kind of get the impression that a lot of you have given up on getting your money back.

Well, if it is of any interest, even if I can't get my money back I am going to ensure that this guy doesn't do it again.

Latest update - a formal complaint has been lodged with the Police in Singapore, I am currently instructing my lawyer to obtain through the courts the right to serve a Writ of Summons through Advertisment, and I have also instructed them to press for a bankcruptcy order to ensure that if applied he can no longer obtain credit for 10 years.
  16. woodle

woodle

i think its great what your doing mate.........your certainly right about that............people do give up or are afraid to pursue it...............because its an international situation............prolly afraid its gonna cost them more money as well..............but they dont realise that thier efforts will put this loser out of business for a while.Pooling legal resources is definitely the way to go in these international situations.
  17. dwoosley

dwoosley

Well back when Ling was scamming in Eugene, Oregon, he spend all of the money, and the average refund was 0.08% To figure out how much money you will get back, take the amount he owes you and multiply it by .008 and that is how much you will get back if it's anything like last time.

Right now, what people need to focus on is giving him justice for what he has done. Let him pay for stealing. You can hire lawyers and private investigators, etc., but you can't suck water out of a rock, can you?

The police are already investigating him, and they know it's a scam, and he will be taken down for it, it's just a matter of time, criminal investigations for non-violent actions, espiecially corporate fraud, can take 1-2 years at least.

If you've reported the fraud to the authorities, do you really have anything to do? I think that getting him declared backrupt is a good idea, because then it will cut his credit, but who needs credit when he's living it large with our $$$

Take it or leave it, just my opinion. I've already forgotton about the money, now I just want to see the man physically abused by the Singaporean govornment, what they do to people who try to pull crap like this.
  18. Alihorne

Alihorne

Ling latest

Well, he continues to update his Yahoo auto-reply saying that everything is being chased.

And I continue to do my chasing...

Trust me when I say that no stone will be left un-turned until I have got this person.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE CASE NUMBER IN THE US WHERE HE WAS CONVICTED BEFORE?
  19. canada

canada Retired Moderator

I can not find any listing for Ling in the Oregon U.S. District Courts Pacer Database.
  20. canada

canada Retired Moderator