1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

intune-distributors.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by garyford, Oct 14, 2005.

1. EpiMan

EpiMan

Hi all,

I also researched these guys pretty heavily. Couple of new tidbits to add to this thread: I also found that InTunes and SaleHoo are linked and called SaleHoo on it accusing them of scamming. They were very quick to reply because they didn’t want me spreading “rumors” about their company—I wanted references of satisfied customers (only talked with 1 guy who received 1 ipod from them) and a SaleHoo guarantee--essentially I wanted SaleHoo to be accountable because they are “hosting” InTunes website. After a couple days, SaleHoo’s customer support gave me Simon Slade’s (SaleHoo founder) email and phone number. He also gave me the same spiel that these guys are legit and actually met Shen in person the last time he was in Singapore (Simon is in New Zealand…). I never did order—they stopped taking orders the day after I spoke with Simon, but now I see they are taking orders between 10-100… Regardless, for those of you who did order from InTunes, I would recommend holding SaleHoo responsible. Please keep us updated if you ever receive your ipods…

By the way, if you google InTunes physical address, it’s a pet store in Singapore ….
  2. guru4us

guru4us

man this company seems worse and worse with every post
  3. rschuebel

rschuebel

I have been sent numerous emails asking me certain questions. My order was placed on Oct. 18th. and yes I did get the contact through Salehoo. I ordered 25 iPod mini's of assorted colors. The total T/T sent was $2777.50 + $50 for my bank to send it. BE CAREFUL!!
  4. 74celicagt

74celicagt

Just a question about tracking numbers on international shipments...

Who offers them?

Because the USPS doesn't let you do tracking numbers when you ship internationally. Not even from the US to Canada.

If it's UPS or DHL, then they could potentially provide a tracking number but what about customs for a big bulk order or Ipod Nanos? Would customs want money or hold them or anything?

Just trying to figure out the tracking number claim for international orders.
  5. Anthony

Anthony

If you are importing or exporting then you will definitly get charged something. There is no such thing as a free import/export.. :(
  6. guru4us

guru4us

USPS dont offer tracking numbers for international posts.thats right..
    fedex, UPS and DHL do
    customs will hold them..sometimes they even inspect the package
  7. EpiMan

EpiMan

Latest from InTunes:

"*We are currently not taking any more orders until after Christmas so we are able to fulfill all current and outstanding orders before the Christmas period. Sorry for any inconvenience"
  8. Anthony

Anthony

Not very much in the way of sorry.. "Sorry for any inconvenience"..

I would have thought it is a big inconvenience for people.. :mad:
  9. radiohead0987

radiohead0987

a contact of mine in singapore had showed me where to find company information, and guess what? SG Gadgets is a registered company! Intune-distributors is not but in the invoice they sent me they claimed their retail company is SG Gadgets... hopefully gary and all you guys who have paid could get your stock b4 xmas! keep us updated guys! cheers.
  10. radiohead0987

radiohead0987

11. guru4us

guru4us

sounds like a another scam to me...so far :mad:
  12. woodle

woodle

erhem.......well no offence but this should be put into name and shame NOW on the basis that they havent delivered thier goods in the expected time frame and people are still waiting.Doenst matter if they are scammers or not............. even if they are legit they are holding peoples money which could be better used to find a more reliable supplier...............NAME AND SHAME i say!!!!:)
  13. Gonefarwest

Gonefarwest Banned Member

Legit??????? lol what Legit.

nearly 30 days with no tracking number. Come on.

They even have taken off the Salehoo certification from their website. They are not even listed in salehoo's directory anymore.

5 to 6 days no reply to emails???

Anyway my fraud claim has already been filed with every internet fraud agency available under the sun.

My Bank has also started their overseas fraud procedures. I can't let these scumbags take my money. :mad:
  14. Anthony

Anthony

Let us know how you get on with your claim..
  15. garyford

garyford

Interesting, GoneFarWest, less than 3 weeks ago you said you were going to "hold on until..." now you say you sent them money 4 weeks ago.

And in private emails you urged to me to post lies about my intune experience on the forum so as to protect "our" source. Failure to keep your story straight and urging me to make unethical posts has ruined your credibility with me. Is there a name and shame for users?

To get back on topic, I sent intune my test order 3 weeks ago today. This long a delay is not unexpected for ipod nanos given the recent shipping/production delays, even confirmed suppliers have had problems. Nevertheless, they are stretching the limits of good business practice.
  16. Gonefarwest

Gonefarwest Banned Member

Have you got your stuff garyford? NO so put up or shut up. :D

Anyway I found a UK based iPod supplier (Companies House) miles better than this one-man bandwagan and his dog.

Who is the liar now "After we receive your order it takes a few business days to have the order processed. You can expect to receive your shipment in 7 to 14 days after we have processed your order" :D

and

"Yes, our warehouse has them in stock. When we process your order they are shipped directly to you." :eek:

Anyway I no longer need to participate in this forum as I found there is no useful information other than if you want to know you have already been scammed and you can do jack about it or you are about to get scammed. :(
  17. prada88

prada88

king of scams!!

hello guys!!

luckily i did my homework and never ordered from this site!!
    I did a google answers and this is what they had to say:

In-Tune Distributors are a scam. I say so for the following reasons:

- The first thing I checked was the ownership record of their domain,
    intune-distributors.com. I found out that it has been registered via
    RegisterFly, a so-called "whois protection service". Actually, it is
    an anonymizer service of the kind only scammers use, so they can't be
    tracked by their victims. This is already more than just suspicious
    since reputablle companies do not have any reason to register their
    domain anonymously.

- However, even the anonymized registration still reveals that the
    domain has been registered only on 2 October 2005 and will already
    expire on 2 October 2006. So it is very obviously one of the
    "disposable" temporary domains typical for online scams, but nor for
    respectable companies.

- On their website, they claim that their address is 117A East Coast
    Road in Singapore. The actual postal code of that address is 428805,
    so the address is a clumsy fake.

- On their website, they insist on wire/telegraphic transfer with no
    alternatives offered. As mentioned earlier, this is a payment method
    preferred by fraudsters, but not by reputable companies. Not to
    mention that the website is extremely poorly made.

For these reasons, InTune Distributors must be considered a scam.
  18. guru4us

guru4us

maaaaaaaaaaan...are they freaking real or not..lol :mad:
    (not referring to anyone in particular)
  19. guru4us

guru4us

? well c ya then
  20. Anthony

Anthony

Nice attitude..

Glad to see all the time people take to post on the forums is worthwhile..