1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Ipod and PSP Scammers

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by guru4us, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guru4us

guru4us

These two items are selling in the market like crazy. The point of this section of the forum is that we would like people to step up and tell us who are scammers on these two items. If you have been scammed or suspect someone to be a scammer (with some form of proof), on these two items or any other item for that matter, please post it here and give us some information so that no one else will get scammed.

Even the best get scammed, and I personally know what its like to loose hard earned money. Hence, this post.

So again everyone please post any fake suppliers or your experience with any inlegit supplier i.e. NAME AND SHAME them!!

Here's a few rules to keep in mind:

Ipods are usually not available for wholesale. Apple only sells to licensed retailers, so if you come across someone claiming to sell Ipods, be VERY carefull.

PSPs are available at wholesalers but profit margins on those are usually not very good, so keep that in mind!

As a rule of thumb: if its too good to be true, then it isnt and trust your instincts.
    If you find a supplier's website, why not try the following site to verify the domain and registrant's details:
    http://www.networksolutions.com/en_...nid=0AK1VGMLVDSLOCWMEAQSFFA?_requestid=266220
  2. guru4us

guru4us

3. orrmate

orrmate

Ok i better put this on. Now this guy has many different sites, so i cant tell you a certain website because they're always changing, i'm just saying watch out for this t*sser. His name is Paramveer Takher. He was the guy running www.electricaldropship.co.uk and he came on this forum as someone named bada_bing. He's had many websites, a lot of which have since been shut down:

www.electricaldropship.co.uk
    www.itprofits.co.uk
    www.hpm-enterprises.co.uk
    www.electricalstyle.co.uk

Remember, always do a whois:

http://www.domaindiscount24.com/?page=service_whoisresults&domain=&server=
  4. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

Can I suggest a thread for each website?

Otherwise it will become one massive thread that has to be read as opposed to a quick reference guide, ie. scan the title!

Mike
  5. Marctwo

Marctwo

I guess however it's done, people will be looking for a particular domain name; In which case they should just search the 'Name and Shame' forum for occurances. ;)

But yes, a thread each or maybe just different threads for different product types would be easier to navigate.
  6. guru4us

guru4us

Yeah, new threads would make it easier to search. So, if you just start a new thread with the name of the site in the Title everyone, that would be great.

Thanks
  7. Enrique

Enrique

This two companys are fruadalent

John Green Comunications Limited
    this are the names they use:
    1 John Green
    2 Bob Kelly
    3 Martind Billmans
    4 John Bruce

Ataris Global LTD
    Ferdandin Damanik
    Monia

I know that because i lost a lot of money with them

i hope this information is usefull for you guys

Thanks
  8. guru4us

guru4us

Thanks Enrique and welcome to the forum. Can I just also add that please do not post the same thing in every mobile phone thread. I realise you are knew, hence i wont delete your posts.

Thanks
  9. businessfirm

businessfirm

This company doesn't exist.
    MobilesUnivers
    Madrid - Barcelona - Costa del Sol - Sevilla - Jerez Edificio Mercurio 1ª pl. Ofic. M-2, Paseo Cerrado de Calderón
    29018 Málaga (HEAD OFFICE) , SPAIN
    E-mail: mobilesunivers@yahoo.com
    Tel./Fax: +34933960822
    Contact from gsmstock.com
  10. guru4us

guru4us

i stand corrected:D thanks businessfirm
  11. the ipod kid

the ipod kid

hi but arent bank transers easy to track down... also has anyone heard of centrapay... a canada based paypal thing... is it legit...
  12. MustHaveMobiles

Its not hard to set up a bank account using false details (not that I would do it :rolleyes: hehe.) All it takes are some clever fraudualent documents and the majority of high street banks will open an account there and then. Cant talk for overseas accounts but would assume the same techniques can be used.

Therefore the trackable nature of the bank deposit is no real safety net against the professional spammers.

No idea about centrapay, try googling it as it does tend to turn up some information.

Mike
  13. Leonardo_S

Leonardo_S

So what is the 100% iron-clad guarantee that you can have of someone's legitimicy? If there is one of course...........
  14. Anthony

Anthony

There isn't one in my experience, but I would always opt for cash on delivery or pickup to be one of the safest.

Others may have their's, but that is mine.
  15. guru4us

guru4us

for some degree of legitimicy, you need the following:
    1) references from companies who trade with them and BANK references to check out their credit standing. The bank info on companies isnt kept secret (i think)
    2) ask for some kind of government documents like their business registration details, tax id/VAT registration etc
    3) current tracking numbers
    4) tell them u want to do a personal inspection. if they dont allow then, then push for an SGS inspection. if they dont allow either...run away and take a shower
    5) there's nothing wrong with home based businesses but be more vary of them, as they only tend to give away cell phone numbers, no fax, no warehouse etc..

If the person you are dealing with wont let u check the stock personally, then there could be 1 of 2 reasons
    a) they're a scam
    b) they're brokering the deal. in that case, make sure u get some paperwork involved like who's responsible for loss of goods...etc

Thats all i could think about off the top of my head
  16. Anthony

Anthony

Great Advice Harry.. :)

Pld Mate..
  17. MustHaveMobiles

When it comes to Ipod and PSP sellers (as per thread) ...........NONE.

May be a harsh statement but the payoffs of such scams are so large (potentially) that the scammers are finding, and investing in, more and more elaborate ways to make the payment side of things more secure..gone are the days of simply dropping WU in and getting away with it.

It comes down to common sense and not getting overly greedy (stupid prices), it is hard but the leg work it takes to provide a decent supplier pays off in the long run.

Mike
  18. M-UK

M-UK

19. Rafi

Rafi

www.reksaarcad.com

Pay attention to this site.

They are professional scammers.
    Now they've got new names at alibaba.com.
    Former names: Sandy Yovan, Donny Hendrik
    Company name: Reksa Arcade, supposed to be located in Indonesia, Ambon Maluku
  20. guru4us

guru4us

Rafi, those guys are already in name and shame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.