1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Is 1k for FB ads enough to start dropshipping

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by bogdy23, Sep 18, 2017.

1. bogdy23

bogdy23

Is 1k for FB ads enough to start dropshipping i don`t want to start underfunded. With how much did you guys start?
    Thank you
  2. Cody

Cody

Hello,

is that £1k a month? If so, then perhaps you want to start out smaller first. You don't want to be using that much a month and gain no increase in revenue, and most importantly don't want to break even.

Start working on A B Testing, or using a strategy where you can plan how much to spend, and who to actually focus on.

FB has a great option for targeting, allowing you to use many different keywords such as "dropshipping, eCommerce, shopify" etc. Also, don't just focus on using keywords that are directly related, instead use keywords in your targeting too that aren't directly related.

For example, a bride to be may be looking for 'wedding tips' however this doesn't mean you can't use words like 'wedding flowers, wedding makeup' etc. We all know a bride will be seeking these type of things anyway, so focusing on keywords are related to all aspects can mean you'll target more people.

Most importantly, test, test, test.
  3. bogdy23

bogdy23

No that 1k is the total budget i have for advertising
  4. Jed

Jed

What happens when it runs out?

Advertising is an ongoing thing not a one off. Why not split it down to £100 a month to start with?
  5. bogdy23

bogdy23

I close up shop as i can`t get more money. That`s what happens
  6. Jed

Jed

Why not use profits you make to reinvest and grow... Literally a waste of 1k if you just plan to close when it's spent.
  7. bogdy23

bogdy23

I intend to if there are any. What i am asking is 1k enough to start and be well funded to have winner from aliexpress
  8. Jed

Jed

No one will be able to answer such a vague question with any form of certainty as there are endless factors which need to be taken into consideration. These are things you need to plan for and should have in some form of business plan.

It's like me asking can I get a car for £1000? Well yes, but it will likely be awful, cost allot in repairs, could be dangerous etc. But it will also get me from A to B so that's a positive.

You need to know what you want from advertising, how much you're willing to spend etc. No point running a business on the basis "if there are any" profits.

Make a plan, please :)
    Dean likes this.
  9. bogdy23

bogdy23

No you`re not getting it . There is a standard investment for any type of business you need x ammount of dollars to be properly funded to start that kind of business. I just need to know if it`s enough to start this kind of business with FB ads.I do have a plan do 2-3 courses that i have downloaded and i know there are good and then do whats in them thats the plan.
  10. Jed

Jed

There is no such thing as standard investment, every business and situation is unique if not you could buy a business out of a box.

And as I said, you've given such little detail and such a vague question that no one will be able to tell you what proper funding for YOUR business is. This should be part of your business plan to determine what funding you need.

Currently you have no idea if you'll even make money which is very worrying...

My only advice now is to make a plan or you can kiss the money goodbye.
  11. liamhawes

liamhawes

You could go through a £1000 budget in a day and not make a single sale. Or you could use just £10 and make plenty of sales. There isn't a standard investment.

In your sector do you have an idea of average cost per click with fb ads? That would perhaps be a good starting point to look into.

If your average click was 50p then your £1000 would get approximately 2000 people to your site/product. Does your sell through rate then allow you to make a profit?

Without knowing a whole host of questions, there isn't a way of saying if £1000 is enough.
  12. bogdy23

bogdy23

Avarage cpc i can do is 0.05-0.1 pounds in this area. Start with 15$ a day.THat wil give me to test about 70 products is that enough to nail it? What other information do you guys need in order to give me an answer?
  13. Cody

Cody

Ad spend will pretty much need to be constant, however starting low is most likely the safest way to go. You really don't want to be caught out by spending hundreds on bulk products, to spend the same or more on advertising to just break even.

I'd be focusing so much on SEO and CRO as well here to ensure my site is found organically, saving me money, than having to pay for traffic via Ads.

In terms of if your $15 budget would be enough to nail it, is very difficult to say. This all can depend on the text in the adverts, the landing page, the relevancy of the ad to the user, the website speed, and so much more.

Starting out low and perform test after test is a good start.
  14. bogdy23

bogdy23

it's better not to start with a certain niche or so I've heard. I did some courses Brian Dean`s and Joshua Earps and Market Motive they both teach seo that costs money in the sense that you have to know how to write articles wich i don`t have a talent for or buy links from Fiverr and create tiered link building. As for CRO, i don`t think you can go much better than Ezra Firestone in Ecoomerece marketing certification where he teaches how should a store look like in regards to it`s design. It`s not 15$ it's 1000$ just testing out products at 15 $ per campaign i thought everybody did it like this
  15. Cody

Cody

Sorry, I just re-read what I wrote, I meant $15 per campaign. In terms of using $15 per campaign is hard to say if that'll work, a lot of testing will need to be done in this trial period to see whether or not that campaign budget could be increased or decreased.

The thing with Brian Dean, and even the like of Neil Patel, everything they talk about is incredibly useful, though should also be tried and tested by other users. Their approach is a heuristic one, meaning it's all based on their own experience so may not actually work for you. Something like that - where someone gives away all this free information or paid for - is something I do take on board, but test it. I never would pay for something like this as it's only an opinion.

I think stick with $10/$15 for the campaign, but take a look at AdWords tips online as you want to create the most relevant ad campaigns. (PM me so I can send you some content I've written up).
    Dean likes this.
  16. Dean

Dean

It's not as black and white as that. There are multiples of factors to consider and nobody can give you a cast iron yes or no answer. Two people selling exactly the same products, both with exactly the same advertising budget could have two completely different outcomes. One of the biggest factors will be how you word and target your adverts.

You're basically asking the old "how long is a piece of string".