1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Is it just me or.....

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by mdsltd, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

Someone on the other thread is asking what to do basically as he has lost out, maybe you could advise him as you will probably know more than me :)
  2. Just Browsing

3. Gary

Gary

To be honest I probably could not advise any better than admin now they are asking for people to contact them who have been affected to offer support.

That said I will write a thread outlining the basics of how to go about making a claim through small claims court which will hopefully help not only those affected by that case but also the rest of the community in other similar matters, I will update both that and this thread once it is written.
  4. Just Browsing

Maybe a thread on how to avoid prosecution for giving someone a good kicking would come in handy as well :lol:
  5. Gary

Gary

6. wroberts

wroberts

Let's see in 6 months time if Jason (Pfcjase) waves that magic £90 again and is allowed back. Gary you are a great man, helping others out where 'checks' fail...twice. Go on Anthony, make it a hatrick - I'm sure there will be plenty of new members to rinse in a few months.
  7. uhafmail

uhafmail

Completely out of order in my eyes.

Obviously TWF/Anthony has made a mistake allowing him to come back but to suggest that they allow members to come back to scam members is out of order. I understand you are upset but don't lose your head. I assume you did your due diligence and you should have seen the thread where he was banned originally.
  8. Just Browsing

I dont think it was out order, the first time there was not really a way that Anthony could see it coming, but to let him back on as a advertiser was just asking for trouble. If you was wroberts, would you not be pretty fed up with this?? As for due diligence im sure you have never made a mistake before.
  9. uhafmail

uhafmail

I am not saying i haven't made a mistake but i wouldn't buy something from an advertiser without a simple forum search which would have highlighted that he had been banned before for selling fakes. That would have stopped me buying from him.

There is a difference between saying that Anthony has made a mistake (which i think he should come out and put his hands up for it) and quite another almost accusing him of being in cahoots with scammers. I know from personal experience that Anthony has refunded sellers payment because they could not remain within the rules.
  10. Pete

Pete

As did Anthony.

As someone who has been around from when this forum had 5,000 members or less, I can tell you it has been built on integrity and constant thought of what is good for the forum as a community. I've had any number of discussions with Anthony over the years, not all of them sweetness and light, and can assure you that reinstating a banned advertiser has only been done several times and not for the revenue.

Unfortunately, I think most have backfired, with them reverting to their old ways, but some take a while until they think maybe they can get by with it.

I can assure you he entertains no thoughts of compromising this enterprise for 90 pounds of advertising.
  11. Gary

Gary

Couldn't agree more, I'm sure he simply gave someone who he believed made a stupid mistake a second chance as he believed he had moved on and learnt from it and grew as a business person, therefore, I'd lay money on it that it was a misjudgement in character, ie. a genuine mistake on Anthony's part (which many here could also fall prey to at any time), to imply that he will risk the integrity of the whole forum over £90 is beyond ridiculous in my honest opinion.
  12. wroberts

wroberts

Sorry, can I just make myself clear...my post was out of frustration more than anything. I know as well as anyone that Anthony would not do it if he didn't believe Jason was a 'changed man' and the 90 quid is irrelevant, I was just making a point, rightly or wrongly.

In reference to Tom, I got stung by Jason first time round even though he has tried to drag me in since.

Sorry for my quite frankly pathetic contribution, I had just had enough. This is business not personal, so I will leave it there and shuttup don't worry! Hope it all ends positively this time for those involved and with any luck Jason will be a banned advertiser a little longer than last time...
  13. Just Browsing

I never said that he would risk his business/revenue for ninety pounds and certainly never entetained the fact that he was in anyway involved with the scams, I pointed out that wroberts had a right to feel hard done by and I seriously believe that. I realise mistakes happen and we all make bad decisions but to let this person become an advertiser again was asking for trouble. Imagine how the people who were done the first time feel, to see a whole new lot of people being done in the same way by the same person. Not only that Anthony is normally quick to respond to most things but I have not seem him apologise for letting this happen, apologies sometimes go a long way. I realise loads of you will not agree with me but its just my opinion.
  14. uhafmail

uhafmail

My post was in reference to Wills post not yours with regards to being some how involved in it.

I also did not realize it was the first time round that he was stung, i am shocked that he was allowed back on before everyone was refunded or got the goods they paid for?

I apologise Will i didn't know your story so to speak.
  15. wroberts

wroberts

I was shocked as well and stopped using the forum as a result. My own annoyance at his reinstatement as an advertiser was that he could afford to pay for membership on here yet I, along with others, haven't received a penny or even an apology from anyone (including Jason himself).

If nothing else, recognition from Anthony that this HAS happened before this year and that Jason will never get a membership again will go a long way.

Good luck getting your money back people, unfortunetly I don't hold out much hope for you but I hope you prove me wrong - I really do!
  16. Just Browsing

Did he not have to reimburse everyone before he was allowed to advertise again????
  17. wroberts

wroberts

I wish! He went on 'holiday' and not a lot else happened... bit of a habit of his - get banned and then go on 'holiday'.
  18. Just Browsing

WHAT A JOKE, that makes reinstating him unforgivable. I would be even more upset if I was an advertiser because the credibility of this forum has taken a severe knock.
  19. wroberts

wroberts

Thankfully this is a one-off case (well it happened twice but only one scammer behind it) and there are plenty of honest suppliers out there. Makes me laugh how MGroadster and Popcorn (George) were banned for LIFE yet Jason is back within 6 months!

Ah well, like they say, if you don't like it, leave - i'll get my coat!
  20. Saajan

Saajan

Will, surely you should have chased him up and not leave it without receiving any sort of refund? Why didn't you do down the small claims court route?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.