1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Is it just me or.....

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by mdsltd, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wroberts

wroberts

Youre right, i should have. A mix of niaviety, ignorance and (looking back) subtle threats and being told (by Jason) that you can't claim, it's b2b not b2c etcetc. Why I listened I don't know, but I did and have 'moved on' in my business life - it taught me a lot, was just a rather expensive lesson. I'm starting to treat it as a hidden opportunity that has enabled me to be where I am now only a few months on. Something like that anyway ... !
  2. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

WHAT he was threatening you??
  3. wroberts

wroberts

Let me rephrase that, it was not like 'I know where you live I'm going to come and get you', was more along the lines of 'if reported you won't get your goods or your money' because he was still claiming it was all genuine for a long time before admitting they were fakes. I didn't know where I stood, and he knew it!

My 'story' is the past, I just hope it's a lot easier for those poor people going through it now and they don't make the stupid mistakes I made!

I'm sure Anthony and team will do their best to get this over with asap.
  4. Just Browsing

I am not so sure considering they let him back on here even. Can you not bring a claim still, do you have his address???
  5. wroberts

wroberts

Jason knows as well as all of us, Anthony can only do 2 things- ban him as an advertiser on the forums and supply details to those who have been scammed about Jason that they have on file.

He told me he's moved but I do have a portsmouth address for him, its something I will consider but need to look in to were I really stand.
  6. Pete

Pete

Just Browsing, you certainly have a lot of venom inside over this. But you are becoming a "one note Johnny" constantly attacking Anthony and the forum. He / they screwed up - and admit it. But continuing to sound off over and over after you have made your feelings perfectly clear definitely seems overkill. Several pages back it seems to me you were ready to pack your backs and head down the road, leaving TWF in the dust. I certainly don't want to make anyone fell unwelcome, but I'd say it's about time you turned the other cheek or carried out your threat to not return.

And, if I'm not mistaken, you are not even one of those with a loss in any of this. There isn't much left to be said, why not just let it die?
  7. Just Browsing

I may have missed it but where does he/they admit they screwed up. I also dont see where I threatened to leave. You quoted me earlier in this thread and then went onto say that anthony would not jeopardise his revenue for ninety pounds, I agree. But do you not think that having him back on here was wrong, considering he still owed people money. I was finished with this thread and then I realised that he had not even paid people back from the first time round.
  8. mdsltd

mdsltd

It is almost laughable how there is no mention in the last 5 or 6 pages of the original topic of conversation ie VAT evasion! Seems to me like it is almost acceptable for advertisers to avoid VAT & not a word is mentioned, yet it is a different story altogether as soon as an advertiser sell copies!
  9. Gary

Gary

Yup looks like your thread's been well and truly hijacked mate!

Wierdest thing is, there's the pfcjase thread where this could (and should) have been discussed but looks like it was decided to bring it here instead for some reason, still regarding an unfair playing field I guess but nevertheless a different story altogether than that of the op, now if it were about someone selling copies AND avoiding vat there would at least be a link, it needs to be recognised by all that although selling copies and / or not delivering is a serious issue so is VAT evasion (as per the op), which people should use any means at their disposal to a), avoid buying from the seller(s) and b), report said sellers to aid a fairer market to the legitimate suppliers that are fighting daily against those with an unfair advantage!
  10. uhafmail

uhafmail

The reason i think the thread has moved on is because Anthony addressed it and reiterated what a lot of members had said and that is its really un-policeable. Unless you can think of a way? How do you know whether an advertiser has turned over too much? You know as much as anybody in your field that there are so many timewasters, 10 pages of people asking for details may only result in 1 sale. Sales don't go through TWF and unless there is obvious abuse of it like in one sale selling more than the threshold and not being registered is is impossible to do anything.

Although something that should be taken more seriously regarding VAT are sellers who mark the value of the item to artificial levels so no import duty is added. TWF could very easily conduct secret test orders to see how good sellers are with this sort of thing and maybe test orders and ask for refunds for various reasons and see how the seller reacts...
  11. mdsltd

mdsltd

The main issue I have is advertisers (like the one mentioned in the OP) importing from the US or other countries yet claiming no VAT/price you see is the price you pay! I would suggest this is clear case of VAT avoidance. The solution? Im not sure, but something needs to be done about it!
  12. Dave

Dave

I have edited this quote.

I realise it isn`t part of Chris`s original thread but I agree with Just Browsing.
    How can someone be banned as an advertiser, owe people money and later on become an advertiser again? Then do the same thing again.
    This needs to be answered.

Also in regard to the VAT, sorry Chris I don`t know how to police this except maybe the forum team carrying out test purchases as per Tom`s suggestion..
  13. uhafmail

uhafmail

The one you point out in your OP actually states that they get imported to him and he deals with the VAT on page 2, i actually asked him about it.
  14. planner

planner

One of the questions when you join as a advertiser is this,

If they put no when in fact they should put yes, how can Anthony or his team tell? At the end of the day this doesn't help the honest people like Chris and others who just want a level playing field.
  15. mdsltd

mdsltd

His prices are way too close to official prices to be able to account for/include VAT. If you read through the thread I asked if he was VAT registered to which he replied no, so how does he take care of the VAT? To me this is a clear case of VAT avoidance!
  16. uhafmail

uhafmail

Takes care of VAT by paying it when it arrives in the country...? Import VAT.

I can't comment on the prices as i have no idea.
  17. Just Browsing

sorry for that mate. Could you not just report to HMRC??
  18. mdsltd

mdsltd

Well with all due respect I do know about prices & in order to "take care of the VAT" he must be taking a hit on the 20% VAT thus making a loss as he aint VAT registered, some how I dont think so do you? Transparency in this case I think not!
  19. Anthony

Anthony

I have made a further post in the relevant discussion about the PfcJase advertiser situation, you can read it here. I regret that I was not thorough enough when the first post was made and recognise those calls for further clarification. I hope this is now something that I have offered.

We are committed to overhauling the security procedures in place on our marketplace and this latest situation has only expedited these plans. We are mindful that each and every time a transaction involving one of our advertisers doesn't go to plan it chips away at all of the great things that the community achieves day in and day out. Trust and integrity has always been the basis of our foundation and this is never something that I or any of our staff would take lightly. We're trying to build something here, it makes no sense for us not to adapt and refine things that don't perform as well as they possibly can.
  20. Gary

Gary

I think we need to take our hats off to Anthony and the team for the way they are again evolving to further attempt to protect the forums, in all fairness it has always been said to exercise due diligence when dealing with ANY supplier (including on here) and although Anthony made a mistake (one he has held his hands up to), it is still the responsibility of the buyer and the seller to follow through on any and all transactions and relevant verification process for doing so, I feel that in order to best put this behind us and move forward would be for all those affected to now contact Anthony and pursue the issues by any means at their disposal to recover any and all losses made.

We can spend an eternity pointing fingers, but this does not and never will achieve results, so to all affected, step forward, do something about it (including any from the first time), and I wish you the best of luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.