1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Is It Still Possible To Make A Living On eBay?

Discussion in 'eBay, Amazon & Online Marketplaces' started by JustCraig, Feb 7, 2011.

1. patrick mc

patrick mc

No, I think you need to invest in market training. Take a look at terapeak. Also, I think you need to make a discussion as to what market you want to be in.
  2. lauris

lauris

Where are you based, in China or UK?
    Are you selling wholesale or retail?
  3. sskimins

sskimins

I have invested a lot of money to learn how to trading, and I didn't get good result. Now I have to go for dropship, as it is the best for starter.:)
  4. sskimins

sskimins

I'm based in the UK. I do both. I do dropshipping for China manufacture on eBay as a wholesaler, and I sell items I purchsed as a retailer.
  5. Icclebits

Icclebits

Dropshipping from China has to be the worst business model I have ever heard :eek:
    Just the INR's alone will kill you!
    You will be lucky to keep your ebay account IMO, But good luck to you :)
  6. sskimins

sskimins

I'm interested in your comments on my dropshipping from China idea. Can you explain what is "INR" stands for? what is "IMO" stands for?
  7. beacon hill

beacon hill

"Can you explain what is "INR" stands for? what is "IMO" stands for?"

OMG !!
    Icclebits likes this.
  8. sskimins

sskimins

what do you mean???
  9. InfiniteBargains

InfiniteBargains

INR = Item not Received Case
    IMO = In my opinion
  10. sskimins

sskimins

Thank you very much! :)
  11. Icclebits

Icclebits

I lol'ed hard at this :p
  12. sskimins

sskimins

Here is the good answer for you:
    INR = Item not Received Case
    IMO = In my opinion
  13. Icclebits

Icclebits

:p It was me who used those acronyms ;)
  14. patrick mc

patrick mc

Can you post your eBay account so we can at least see where you could improve.
  15. sskimins

sskimins

16. sskimins

sskimins

If so, thank you very much! :)
  17. patrick mc

patrick mc

OK I will look at it today and send you a PM
  18. TedStriker

TedStriker

Hello

I have been a long time lurker of this forum/site. I came across it a few years ago when I had jacked in my job to look after my two boys and wanted to make a bit of money on the side and like most people I was scouring the internet for suppliers and ideas of what to sell. In the end I opted for something that I enjoyed doing, something that brought enjoyment while hunting for stock and something I had an interest in. That has since morphed in to something quite niche that has turned in to a full time eBay business.

I follow all the eBay threads with interest but this one especially as I'm always curious to know whether people think you can still make a living on eBay?

eBay has become all consuming, it takes up all my time day and night but however frustrating it can be at times, I would never ever swap it for the 9-5 routine working for the man.

What I want to know is what are peoples thought's on what 'making a living' is - I know that it will vary from person to person and depend on personal circumstances - but what in peoples eyes constitutes 'doing well' I've been doing it for just over 2 years and would consider myself to be doing okay but I suppose I'm looking to benchmark myself - Am I doing as well as I think? How do I compare? I turn over between 3k and 4.5k a month on eBay and and try to aim for 40% profit (after stock and fees etc) - I have also started to create other revenue streams direct and through amazon to boost this. I have the capacity to increase my output as the kids will be at school soon giving me more time during the day.

I know people don't like to give too much away, which I understand, but some of the veterans out there must be able to provide some comment

Thanks for reading
    TS
  19. Fazeel_lily

Fazeel_lily

I am interested in selling on eBay as a business, I know what I am going to sell along with the prices but I feel it will be very difficult compared to the powersells who would be moretrusted and be on the first page, Is there any hope for me?
  20. Effy Salhov

Effy Salhov

I think it really depends what is the product you choose to sell, there are still many niches in eBay that worth a little fortune and if you hit one of them correctly you can still certainly make a nice living from it.