1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Is it worth becoming an advertiser on this forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Giltex-Wear, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Giltex-Wear

Giltex-Wear

Hi everyone

Was just wondering if its worth paying and becoming an advertiser on this forum as we have thousands of quality clothing stock in our warehouse ready to go in the hands of various buyers.

I have been observing the marketplace of this forum and there does not seem to be much interest in the listings the advertisers list? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also what alternative platform would you recommend where we can list our stock?

Your views will be appreciated

Thanks in advance!
  2. Giltex-Wear

Giltex-Wear

Guess it isnt then?
  3. Dean

Dean

I think you will find that the majority of the advertisers only use the forum to advertise and probably haven't even seen your post. Its a shame more of them don't participate in the forum in general but we can't force them to.

The other possibility is that they are doing so well they don't want to encourage any possible competition!
  4. tarik

tarik

We used to be an advertiser, unfortunately far too many tyre kickers, dreamers and time wasters for us. I'm sure some people do well out of it though.
    mdsltd and Virtual Phone Numbers like this.
  5. beacon hill

beacon hill

I may try it again in the new year.
    After a good start, it failed for me because the stuff I sold was not the usual electronic gear,
    with 1000s of the same listings chasing a few eBay buyers
    Mine had much better margins/less competition for those brave enough to take the plunge.
    But sadly in general buyers here seemed afraid to give it a go
  6. Virtual Phone Numbers

Virtual Phone Numbers

Couldn't agree more, but it does seem to depend on the product - some products obviously fare better than others.
    mdsltd likes this.
  7. Dave

Dave

@beacon hill
    If you become an advertiser, drop me an pm with your contact details and we can have a chat.
    We are always looking for items that aren`t the same items everyone else sells.
  8. mdsltd

mdsltd

TWF was once a great forum with a thriving advertising community unfortunately this is no longer the case. As others have said too many time wasters & dreamers to make it worth advertising these days.
  9. Dean

Dean

As I said above, it doesn't help when many of the advertisers don't get involved in the community as a whole. In the 'good old days', more of the advertisers were involved in the general discussions. Its one of the reasons why people like Pete have always done well here.
    Dave likes this.
  10. Gary

Gary

+1, I too could be interested
  11. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I have had advertising membership when i first started some years back and that was to clear junk...worked well for low end items but there was far more activity on here back then and I only advertised by going through the stock wanted section and seeing a number of posts relating to items had had or could get. I remember when the stock wanted page would get a number of regular posts each day that you could actually have a clear idea of what certain customers were wanting, and their requirements were varied. The market place was thriving too. The couple of times advertising after this, demand was decreasing but i made some contacts whom purchased from me in the long term. However, I don't see anywhere near the level of activity these days to bring me back on board selling and the stock wanted section bearely gets 2-3 new posts a day...maybe people don't want to share what their looking for, but as said above, it just seems to be the same old things that people seem to want and going on experience, even when sourcing certain items you find customers barter on price then make a number of excuses about payment and you might be lucky enough to get payment after several reminders or they just dissapear wasting your time completly. I'm not talking for all, but that has been my experience many times.
  12. Lilibrasil

Lilibrasil

Wow wish we seen this post earlier, recently we became advertised member and payed for it in the hopes that we would receive some good feedback on it, we had but not as much as we hoped to, are there maybe any tips that somebody has where to advertise as a wholesale supplier?

We sell different unique and affordable brazilian wholesale products that not everybody is selling so any tips are welcome

Greetings,

LiliBrasil
  13. Clearance UK

Clearance UK

I too could be interested
  14. Clearance UK

Clearance UK

hi Giltex-Wear I have PM'd you :)
  15. Lilibrasil

Lilibrasil

we have invested in this site and had some responses but not the amount that we hoped for so i suggest you to keep in mind that you read the whole forum first and then make a decision instead.
  16. liamhawes

liamhawes

i really think to get your full monies worth you need to be active in many aspects of the forums. Even if it's just having a chat in the lounge section.

You've got the chance to have a link in your signature in EVERY post you do. So why wouldn't want to be more active? You'd be more visible instantly. Becoming an advertiser and only sticking with 10 posts and the occasional sale offer post may not be worth it. But if you're prepared to get involved in the community and get to know everyone then im sure it can be much more beneficial.
    Dean likes this.
  17. shaununo

shaununo

I have to agree with Liam, to not have a website link is a basic school boy error, and like he says the more you put in, the more you get back.
  18. Gary

Gary

I agree with @liamhawes and @shaununo in that using a signature and getting involved does help, however the caveat with this is the growth in mobile browsing and the fact that (as yet) signatures on twf do not display on mobiles, I don't know if/when this may be updated but it may be an idea to ask @Erik if this is planned to be made to display on mobiles in the future?

For what it's worth I think it should be made to display, however to my knowledge this isn't currently supported by xenforo (the software used by TWF), and I'm unsure how difficult it would be to add this functionality either.
  19. liamhawes

liamhawes

Would it be that difficult to hand code it in? I learn most things in a trial and error sort of fashion which i understand they may not be able to do like that. I don't know how to off the top of my head but i'm sure i could figure it out if had access to forum code infront of me too.
  20. Gary

Gary

I'm sure if they asked over on the xenforo forum there will be someone who can point them in the right direction, I only say that as I'm unsure if they would allow members access to the code (pure guess), I don't have access either but I believe they have developers they work with / have worked with, but I agree that it shouldn't be too difficult.