1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Is my web store working?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Paul Cousins, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Paul Cousins

Paul Cousins

Ok, bit if a long shot here but I will give it a go.
    Just built a web store and I am at loss as to why I getting no sales. I am using freewebstore. Before you recoil in horror let me just add that I have up graded so all banners and mention of freewebstore has been removed. I have got it linked to my own web address (not sure if I am allowed to add it on the forum. If I am let me know and I will so you can have a look).
    I have had a dabble at advertising (adwords, bing ads and facebook). So my question is, is it a case that I just need to get traffic to the site? I know that sounds naive but is it really a case of getting as many people as you can looking? Is there a rough conversion you would follow (out of 1000 visitors you should be getting......x amount of sales) before questioning if anything is wrong? Are these online store builders ok or is it best to be completely stand alone?
    Thanks in advance
  2. ek Wholesale

ek Wholesale

First off, have you set up analytics with this website? Either via google or using facebook pixel? Both of these will help you understand if traffic is coming through and where it's coming from. Remember that you may have to look a little deeper into the marketting. Dabbling with adwords is fine, but it's important to get a feel around on google for the keywords that will best help you and push on this. However, while paid advertisements are great, don't forget gruntwork to bring in business also helps. Emails out to people, posting on forums, posting on other facebook pages etc. It's important that you just keep at it. Don't forget that with marketting, time is a very big factor in this. It's not going to be instant, and it's something you just have to keep doing and refining.

This is unfortunately a really rather large topic. There's are a lot of other reasons in regards to your advertisements themselves, what keywords you've chosen, your audience etcetc.

All i can honestly say is.. keep at it. Refine, Analyze, Adjust. :)
  3. Paul Cousins

Paul Cousins

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I will just keep chipping away!
  4. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

I have used freewebstore for 8 years now and its perfect for what I need and my website has thousands of hits everyday but it does take time. Patience is the key.
    Girts Kalns likes this.