1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Is there an alternative to Terapeak?

Discussion in 'Online Marketplaces - eBay, Amazon, Etsy and more' started by taurusken, Mar 26, 2013.

1. taurusken

taurusken

Hello,
    I should imagine that at least 99% of people on this forum know what Terapeak is all about.
    I understand that there was once a time when sellers could gather all of the information you get from it for free on eBay ie: eBay pulse etc.
    Now, I was wondering if it is worth the while spending the kind of money that Terapeak is asking considering I'm in the process of starting out on eBay "properly" as a business seller?!:eek:
    I know it has to be a good tool otherwise eBay wouldn't make you pay for it along with everything else they make you pay for!
    Is Terapeak any good for anything outside of eBay ie, your own store or Amazon?

Thanks to all who reply!

Ken
  2. Dirk Struan

Dirk Struan

I found my best selling line on terapeak using the free trial.

I have also used Watchcount but found that watchers do not necessarily translate into sales, well not for me anyway :(

Terapeak does have it's limitations but it is best ebay data mining tool that I have used.

It's a shame it's so expensive.
  3. taurusken

taurusken

Thanks for the reply Dirk,

I was going to download the free trial tonight and have a look at it but noticed that when I clicked the link, it took me to a page where I have to choose my subscription, I didn't want to go ahead and sign up for something that I might not need as yes it's really quite expensive and to make it worth the while it seems I'll have to pay the full amount up front for a years licence ( even if it is "50%" cheaper that way than paying by the month.
    I'll have a look at watchcount, i know from selling privately that you can have 100 "watchers" and only get bids off say....5 bidders or so!
  4. shaununo

shaununo

Take the free trial and then the monthly option @ $30.00 a month for the uk stats, then just research like crazy for a few months and then cancel the subscription if you think it's no use to you, I think you may be surprised at the info you get and can put to good use though. I certainly have a couple of stock lines to introduce in the future from information gained from terapeak.
  5. Dirk Struan

Dirk Struan

Around Xmas time there was a page where you could have 7 days free use with no subscription details needed. You just had to link it to your ebay account. I didn't get charged anything. I don't think this offer is running anymore, I can't find it anyway. If it is and someone has a link please post it.
  6. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

7. Andy777

Andy777

Hi Ken,

Terapeak is not owned by eBay! ;)

But as others have said - just get the free trial and see whatever you can make anything out of it! I couldn't imagine my product research process without using Terapeak while others have reported very little value to their businesses. $30 is really not that bad + you can cancel any time and re-subscribe back any time.

As for other usages apart from eBay, well - you can still spot hot products and monitor trends as usually , if a product sells well on eBay, it does sell on Amazon and eCommerce shops too. But for web research I prefer to use Google Keyword Tool.
  8. taurusken

taurusken

Thanks for the replies,
    I thought Terapeak was an eBay company:oops:, They have links to it and it for eBay! haha!
    I'll have a look at the monthly option.
  9. henry12

henry12

I don't know if this thread is too old to respond, but there is www . tradu.io that does eBay research similar to terapeak but is currently completely free to use.
  10. Yudi Rose

Yudi Rose

HI Andy, I am new here and new to online selling. What do you mean by "But for web research I prefer to use Google Keyword Tool."
    Thanks!
  11. Online Seller UK

Online Seller UK

12. Wholesale Sportswear

Wholesale Sportswear

Terapeak is great, and I am of the opinion that you'd don't need to look elsewhere. I don't know if it still is, but it used to be integrated with eBay.
  13. Scott Jordau

Scott Jordau

I'm using Algopix - it provides me real-time product market analysis and since it covers eBay and Amazon different markets - I find it pretty useful.
  14. Snowy Long

Snowy Long

Hi Ken and co / Andrew Minalto - yes there is a great alternative to Terapeak - Ive been using it for the last 4 months - its called Fast Intell - it even sends me the all important sellers NEW listings to my own email ! So I never miss when a competitor starts a new listings that sells well - made a fortune out of yeast during COVID as Fast Intell mailed me that one of my competitors had made £3K in 2 days - I then got on the band wagon try it out - brill product great replacement for terapeak - does other stuff too and free trial aswell