1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Know who you are doing business with in Shenzhen, China!

Discussion in 'Sourcing & Freight Services' started by Pete, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete

[size=+2]Without Having to Break the Kid's Piggybank![/size]

Many of you know me, some have known me for years. I've been selling online and actively participating in numerous wholesale and small business forums since the turn of the century. I generally show up as pete, Pete or peteVA, where just pete has been taken.

For years I was selling within the US a full range of imported gifts and specialty items, 95% of which were from China. I sold that business a couple of years ago and am now selling small electronics from China to dropshippers and retailers worldwide.

Over the years, I've developed some friends in China. Most recently, in my electronics operation, I have run into Jenny who has a background similar to mine, in that she has also been involved in the ceramics and gifts business. She is now in Shenzhen, the "Electronics Capitol of China" and after doing me some favors of checking out some suppliers for me, we got together and decided there was a demand for such a service and we would fill the niche.

Affordable Business Verification is what we offer. Nothing fancy, no frills. There are others in China offering all sorts of service, including having your own paid representative in factories, to ensure the correct components are used and the goods are up to specs. We do nothing like that. It is a simple operation. I sell the service, she visits the companies you request us to verify.

[size=+2]A Personal Visit for Just $27.50 USD![/size]

Once you place your order, prepare for some surprises! That fancy "factory" website may be a widow operating from home. Or, as with many "factories" it will be simply a Trading Company (exporting wholesaler) operating in an office park. Keep in mind, both of these may be honest people who deliver what they claim, but maybe not quite the 300 employees and a smokestack you expected.

And some will be obvious shams! This is where you definitely find what you were afraid of is true. Having done business with other businesses, Jenny can tell quite quickly when your supposed supplier is nothing more than an Internet connection and possibly a phone. Be prepared for anything when you first order from us, as anything is possible!

We will also do Online Only checks for the rest of China for just $12.50. Just having someone who can read the documents is easily worth that!

[size=+2]Stop Hoping and Guessing
    Pocket Change Now May Save "Folding Money" Later
    [/size]

Here's the link to the site, check it out, you can place your order from there -

Personal Visits and Verification Services for Prospective Chinese Suppliers. Pocket Change now can Save You a Bundle Later!
  2. generalzia

generalzia

Thanks Pete, this is definately a good service, will be using it.
  3. cpc

cpc

I always wondered if the company I buy from is the actual company or just a middle girl.
    This is definitely a service I will be using it. Good luck... Pete you are taking all my money. Website, wholesale 101 and now this.

Now if I just make some money with your phones.
  4. Pete

Pete

I cannot think of a better place for it to go. Thanks! :)
  5. PCDropship

PCDropship

Excellent service Pete and one i will be definitly using in the near future :D

Mark
  6. cos76

cos76

Another great asset to the forum :niceone:

I have a friend with an office in china who will be checking things out for me but if that falls through i will be in touch!
  7. THHProducts

THHProducts

Jenny from QBP?
  8. Pete

Pete

I do not know QBP
  9. greenbags

greenbags

What agreat service for those who can't get out to China personally.

We only deal directly with our factories -visit them several times a year and have built up some good relationships.

It must be very difficult for anyone starting afresh

Anne
  10. EthicStar Ltd

EthicStar Ltd

I would first try it out before saying anything. Sometimes things are too good to be true
  11. Pete

Pete

While that may be true, over 4,000 posts and being here for years should be some assurance. Plus literally hundreds of forum members who have sent me funds for some reason or another who have never lodged a complaint.

The folks who are getting reports daily seem quite satisfied.
  12. Osctek

Osctek Banned Member

Yup I fully give my backing of pete he is very true to his word and a stand up member of the community and I'm sure anyone else who's had a message in one of there topics from him know how great he is.
  13. Pete

Pete

blush.......
  14. Jonathan2010

Jonathan2010

Hello Pete:
    Good service.
    But can you extend your service area to the whole Guangdong province China?
  15. Pete

Pete

I do not feel I can commit my partner on this, but I will ask.
  16. Mitch

Mitch

I take it this service is for shenzhen only then?

Mitch
  17. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

Know who you are doing business with in Shenzhen, China!

^^ :p
  18. Jonathan2010

Jonathan2010

it is more complicated to find the correct registered company's name in China, because the China government only register in Chinese, meanwhile, the exporter must has English name, so sometimes, the English name is not proved by China government when face business arbitration. So, it is more important to have a visit to the supplier, taking photos, get the copy of the certificates, make specimen chops, etc, this is the first evidence in case of any dispute, especially for some T/T payment term business.

The person can directly goes to the local registeration office to check the certificate, this is very important indeed, so, Pete definitely gets good idea.
  19. Pete

Pete

Nothing personal Mitch, but I can't tell you how many times a day I get asked questions that are fully answered on the websites I build and provide links to.

Following this one in my original post - ******************** - would show you that I offer 2 services. An in-person visit to businesses within SZ, and online records checks by someone who reads and speaks both Chinese and English, so a comparison can be made, if necessary. We are up front about it being online only and charge only $12.50 for this, about the price for a visit to a burger barn in the UK, I believe.

Not picking on you. Not only here in the threads, but by PM, MSN and email I'll get asked daily about do my dropship prices include shipping, which is clearly stated on each page and in large font on the home page, as well as what is the warranty, with it's own dedicated tab at the top of the pages, etc.

Some days I truly wonder why I take the time to have websites at all, since half the people never go to them, or if they do they don't read of comprehend what is written there.

So, yes, our in-person visits are limited to Shenzhen, but our online checks are China-wide.
  20. Andy-GD

Andy-GD

Pete, Is there anything you cant do in the world of Business? :p

You are truly a great Business Guy and I look up to you highly ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.