Large number of fraudulent sellers

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by James, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Banned Member

Been going through various sources on the Internet looking for an Ipod supplier. A found a few so emailed them and within a few hours i got a reply from 3 different sellers.

As soon as we started discussing the product alarm bells started ringing in my head.

1. They all only accepted Western Union and Wire transfer as payment
    2. Or they would accept Escrow... Not escrow.com but another one. Most others are fake escrow companies which rip buyers off.
    3. Had no proof of company

So, the question is... how are these cowboys getting away with this behaviour? Buyers less educated than myself in this field would pay money to these guys and that would be all they would hear.

Its just getting ridiculous. Where do we find decent sellers from these days!

Arggg!
  2. JimJam

JimJam

her her it just takes the p**s
  3. gowser

gowser

It Wise

Yes it is really annoying. I found ********************** not long ago and was going to buy several ipods from them, but then I looked closer at their prices and I started to think they were too good to be true.

After emailing them to ask their ways of payment, they said they only offered Wire Transfers. Again I was weary as I would have no protection against them if they didnt send the items.

I can't seem to find any suppliers that have good prices but also ones that I can trust with my money.

If anyone has had dealings with this website please let me know, I could be wrong about them. Also if anyone knows any good suppliers for electrical items, please get in touch...

Thanks
  4. James

James Banned Member

Yeah, that website is a scam. Same template to many other fraudulent websites.

I would advise all to not even bother with Ipods anymore. THey are the product that scammers 'sell' now.

Apple only sell to authorised distributers so you cannot get hold of them really.
  5. Gunnapaul2

Gunnapaul2

they definately seem like a scam to me, i HATE scummy people like this
  6. Gunnapaul2

Gunnapaul2

contact them and ask them for their registration number or vat number
  7. gowser

gowser

Yes, thanks Gunnapaul2 I will do that. I hate these "scummy people" too Yellow_Fl:

The guy that runs it seemed so friendly though Yellow_Fl: , but I suppose they all are if they think they can make money from you... Oh well
  8. gowser

gowser

Hi

Just got a reply from the guy who I emailed from a different email address.

-------I wrote:------

Hi

Is it possible to get a registration or vat number for your company?

Thanks

David

---------Reply---------

Hi,
    [smilie=t:
    I am sorry but i cannot provide you with those informations.
    We have been in trouble with one of our customers that used our company's info for fake sales.
    I am sorry but will not risk this anymore.

Regards,
    Roberto

------End of email------

Ha Ha, this guy is so deep in fraud. It is so easy to tell... Hes even changed his name for this email from Dan to Roberto.
    I have also posted his first email that he sent me on the forum. To view it , click here

Alex Yellow_Fl:
  9. Berkshire-Trader

Berkshire-Trader Banned Member

Talking about been conned, does anyone have problems with paypal.coN

See ******************* i lost £1,500 with paypal.coN

All the best,
    John
  10. lacannon

lacannon

I have im'd with this guy, Roberto. I have emailed an order to him. I have yet to do any business with them. If they were true, it would be great--cause of their prices, but has anyone actually been ripped off. They claim they will be accepting credit cards within two weeks, so we will see.
    Larry
  11. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

iPods are ripe for the con because they are notoriously hard to get hold of, Apple themselves only sell them to retilers direct I believe, hence any wholesale bulk lot advertised has to either refurbished stock or a con.

Due to the success of the internet and the amazing ease with which it is possible to 'mask identities and trace records' there are always gonna be the cons, the majority get away with it because they have the ability to 'drop everything' very quickly and then move and set up again just as quick etc etc.

Just take the mobile phone matrix scams as an example, they are rife on the internet auction sites offering a phone for £20 (YEAH RIGHT!)

Unfortunately because of this the legitimate wholesalers of the goods that we want are having problems distinguishing themselves from the cons and as such the ones that are already getting goods off them are making good money and promoting the goods on the sites that in turn feeds the want for others to 'get thier hands on the goods' and likewise increase the likelihood that people will fall for the cons.

Its a viscious circle, researching the deals takes a massive amount of time, being able to visit the premises is a good way of determining trustworthiness. Although this is hard with overseas suppliers...

Just my 2 cents,

Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.