1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Leaving for holidays - is it a good idea to hire a fulfillment company?

Discussion in 'Payment & Shipping' started by Angelo Karageorgos, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Angelo Karageorgos

Angelo Karageorgos

Hello,

I have an Ebay shop and will be away for two weeks in August. I was thinking that I could maybe use a fulfillment company here in the UK. Do you think is a good idea for 2 weeks and can you recommend any?

I know I can put my shop on holiday settings but I am not sure if it safe this way. I mean there is a possibility that someone makes a purchase and without noticing I am away opens a non received item case and I take a defect.

Thanks in advance.
  2. brywalker

brywalker

You can hide all your listings in the Ebay holiday settings so no-one can see them to buy.
  3. Gary

Gary

On holiday settings it hides your results from search but not from existing watchers, however it does display a notice on your listing (if people see it).

Regarding using a fulfilment company, some may have minimum terms, and you also need to consider your costs of getting your goods to them and back upon your return, maybe gave a look around to work out requirements and costs and take it from there.

A better and more cost effective solution if available would be if you had a trusted family member or friend to fulfill while you're away.

All the best!
  4. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop Banned Member

Friends and family fulfillment is ok on startup level- I could not imagine the case when my friend has to proceed 40 parcels a day.
    I believe there are some companies which are dedicated to such volumes. The key factor is data flow and inventory synchronization.
    In case there is limited offer in this fulfillment market segment- it might be a good idea for business.