1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

"londoner"user possible scam

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Dragos Ivanov, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragos Ivanov

Dragos Ivanov

Hello,

I have received a msg from user "londoner " telling me that if im interested in Gillete blades he can supply me with minimum order of 200 pieces . First question i asked him,was if he accepts Paypal and he said he does not because he had bad experience with paypal and he accepts only T / T . I copied the emails with him, he might be legit , but take care .

We can't accept paypal because we have bad experience with that service.
    Only T/T accepted, i don't know any wholesale company that accept paypal.
    Thank you.

>Hello,
    >
    >Will pay only by paypal if we will ever deal . Would you accept ?
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >
    >________________________________
    > From: UK Gillette
    >To: ivanov.dragos@yahoo.com
    >Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:52 PM
    >Subject: Wholesale Gillette blades , contact from Thewholesaleforums
    >
    >
    >Hello. We are UK's leading supplier of Gillette blades.We are selling Gillette blades on wholesale, minimum order is only 200 packs, free shipping from UK to EU countries,the payment is T/T in advance. Shipping to other countries ,not in EU, may apply delivery charges.
    >Please find attached price list and pictures, final price for each order depends of the quantity,basically if you order more the final price will be lower.
    >
    >Regards
    >Lazar
    >http://gillettewholesale.bloombiz.com
    >Twitter @UkGillette
    >
    >***************************************
    >This email was sent to you by
    >***************************************
    This email was sent to you by [​IMG]
  2. deano10969

deano10969

We can't accept paypal because we have bad experience with that service.
    Only T/T accepted, i don't know any wholesale company that accept paypal.
    Thank you.

i use 2 very reputable companies that accept paypal ;)
  3. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

Is this londoner guy even an advertiser on here?
  4. Gary

Gary

If you look on their website, the contact details are incomplete, there is no name, the address is incomplete, the phone number is a vodafone (probably payg), and if you click on what is supposed to be their logo on the right it brings you to some middle eastern B2B Directory, whereas the ACTUAL company who that logo belongs to is: http://www.expresstradeinternational.co.uk/ who have absolutely nothing to do with razor blades.
  5. Dean

Dean

Me too! One of my regular China suppliers accepts Paypal and doesn't charge me any extra.

Dragos - I would tell them to get lost if I was you. They will probably be fake blades anyway.
    deano10969 likes this.
  6. Dean

Dean

7. Dragos Ivanov

Dragos Ivanov

i wont deal with them . that is why i opened this thread to let people know about their intention of scamming .
    Sara Wei and Dean like this.
  8. Bizi

Bizi

that would be you after buying those 200 blades and waiting for delivery so you could shave

even if you buy those 200 blades you would look like this[​IMG]
    roseyrebel likes this.
  9. SimonN

SimonN

Have you reported them?
  10. Jenilee

Jenilee Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Please be advised that we are aware of this thread and appropriate action has been taken.
    Phari likes this.
  11. londoner

londoner Banned Member

Ok let me tell you something. First of all i am sole trader and not scammer. I get Gillette blades from bankrupt and closing down companies all over Europe. I am UK based,but i am warned i can't advertise here until i pay for advertising,so therefore i am not going to advertise,but i'm not scammer,i am selling all the time to all UK markets and corner shops.
    Jenilee i will contact you soon to pay for advertising membership, i'm waiting authorisation from P&G ,paperwork,etc.. and i'll get back to you soon
  12. londoner

londoner Banned Member

I am using Paypal ,but only for small transactions up to £1000
    I lost £11000 on Paypal because of buyers-scammers, lost money and blades so now i'm cautious.
  13. londoner

londoner Banned Member

Not yet, waiting for all paperwork to be done and then i will pay membership on this website as well,i'm paying on 10 websites,it's too much.
  14. londoner

londoner Banned Member

I'm sole trader and that "middle east website" is my advertising on tradeholding. I paid for membership for TOP member there long time ago,and they made mistake, instead of Europe tradeholding they put middleeast website url and they don't respond to change that, but you can see that i am top member and 600+ visits.
  15. londoner

londoner Banned Member

I am not advertising now here, i just want to let you know that if somebody is not advertiser on this forum that doesn't mean that he is scammer.
    Please be careful when you choose your words,because you can ruin people's reputation and you don't know them, that's not good for them and not going to be good for you as well.
    Cheers and take care!
  16. Bizi

Bizi

dear Londoner you dont have to take it personal the reaction you got was obvious and anyone would get the same if they try to PM members on a business forum about a wholesale deal. if you are paying advertising membership on 10 websites you should get enough customers on those websites where people know you,
    once you are authorised seller on this forum you will get business from here but until then ''every spammer is a scammer''
    callin OP a Bulgharian Witch was not very decent thing to do as i believe she did the right thing and comon witches doesn't exist anymore they killed them all in 17th century
    jewishprincess likes this.
  17. Gary

Gary

That doesn't change the fact that the logo displayed on your profile didn't even belong to you and had nothing to do with your business, you openly admitted that you are a sole trader who sells razor blades, not a services company, so why use their logo?
  18. Pete

Pete

I think that's it in a nutshell. Those selling by contacting others by PM is not allowed. Particularly those not advertisers, but I have personally felt that any unrequested PM from a seller to a potential buyer was on the scale of SPAM. I must say spammer shore works as an apt description as far as I'm concerned, and, quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that londoner is here at all by now. Seems to me there are rules against selling by PM.
  19. Gary

Gary

Jenilee handled the situation as she saw fit, however, I'm with you in thinking that harsher actions need to be taken against these people as it's no better than spam, which gets removed (along with the spammer), your everyday 'open linkdropper' could aguably have ticked the box when signing up to say they read the agreement having not looked at it, or skimmed through and missed something, hence in the majority of cases, a warning is fair in my opinion, but members who offer via PM, probably to multiple members, are obviously the ones who know they are breaking the rules otherwise they wouldn't attempt to do it in secret.
    Bizi likes this.
  20. Pete

Pete

No doubt, They are scammers and historically by far the most whinings and complaints of "I've been scammed by a forum member" have not concerned advertisers but those approached by such PM spammers. They are a real scourge to the forum and should be dealt with immediately.

I truly thought immediate banning was the only response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.