1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Looking for ecommerce site builder

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by leeplay, Jan 12, 2012.

1. leeplay

leeplay

Hi members, id be interested to know if anyone has any recomendations on a good startup ecommerce website builder for reselling, thats easy to setup & use for a novice like myself, with all the necessary tools, for as cheap as possible or even free, but whilst still keeping a look of professionilism & quality, if thats possible, with maybe an option to upgrade in the future... Any info/ideas would be appreciated, thanks... Lee
  2. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=demonstration/demonstration

All you need is domain (£5-£12) and hosting (likes of Pete/Saajan offers hosting for as little as the price of a happy meal per month)

Free templates can be downloaded, or there are paid ones ranging from £10 and upwards. Just search opencart themes/templates.

then you will need a logo (£10-£25 on these forums)

Have a play with the above link.

Good luck.
    Saajan and Pete like this.
  3. eShop

eShop Banned Member

The only thing with cheap or free is more often than not it looks cheap and free, No other way round it really, but certainly we can set you up with hosting for £4.99pm or £42 per year and you can play about with any cart you wish. Zencart, opencart, etc choice is yours.
    Then when you have the cash or are ready we can even offer you a discount on a custom built template.

Alistair
  4. leeplay

leeplay

Ok, thanks guys, could u give me a short brief on 'Domains' & 'Hosting' ive read about these B4 but, im still not 100% on what they actually do/mean... Also could u do the same for the carts , i.e Zencart, Opencart..etc... I know what a shopping cart is... Thanks
  5. leeplay

leeplay

Also , UKBUYER, ive noticed you have an ebook available, after ive only just purchased 1 this morning for £67, am I right in believing your ebook offers more of a ''Startup'' guide as to an ''Advanced'' one, like I assume ive purchased, or would u like to explain the difference as I wouldnt want to purchase what I already may have... Thanks
  6. eShop

eShop Banned Member

7. Pete

Pete

I've got well over 100 shopping cart sites hosting with me, Lee. I've been offering hosting here on TWF longer than anyone and will tell you what you need to know - and don't need to know. There are things that really make a difference and there are others that are virtually the same no matter where you go.

First is Domain. That's your basic leeplay.com or leeplay.co.uk. YOU need to come up with the name. At one point, having a name that included what you were selling was essential, but it is no longer a major factor in getting your site found by the search engines. It's doesn't hurt, mind you, to tie into a product or category, but not worth taking days trying for just the right name. leesfashions, leeselectroics, leesdoggoddies, etc. are nice, but leesallsorts or even lancasterlapdogs or just some name you come up with will do. What is in your site does more to get you higher ratings than your name.

Buy you own domain. Do not settle for a free one, one included in the package, etc. This is your ticket to ride and you want absolute 100% control of it. I suggest 123-reg. Cost is about the same as a trip to Mickie D's, don't spend a day and a half trying to save a quid, go to 123-reg and buy one. Get it today, even if you won't have a site for a year. Get the domain, before someone beats you to it.

Hosting is renting space on the internet. You pay me and I let you use part of my server to put up your website. That's it in a nutshell. There are certainly some hosts who are better than others, there are some who rent you the space and turn their backs on you. There are others which are huge international operations where you are one of a million and while they offer 24/7 support you are often dealing with with someone with English as a third language. Then there are guys like Saajan and myself, as mentioned above, who have been specializing in hosting for forum members for years.

Unlike those big guys who host everything that comes along, we specialize in shopping carts for guys like you. I offer Hold Your Hand Service, designed to get you from newbie to productive shop owner in several days. If you shop around, you'll see hosts talk about how much space you get, how much bandwidth you get, how many email accounts you get, etc. With me you simply don't have to be concerned with any of that. All of those things you see listed are UNLIMITED with me. Only one restriction - one domain.

I could go on for the rest of the day. OpenCart vs Zen? I prefer OpenCart, it's easier to use from the first. But, in truth, I host probably an equal number of both, plus some OSCommerce, Prestashop and others. The fact is they all do pretty much the same thing, just like any car you buy will provide transportation, but people will nearly fight you over this brand or that. Same with carts. Few will say I have this one and it sucks, I wish I'd have gotten that one. They'll recommend the one they use, after all they use it, so it must be the best. Right?

Rather than go on forever, I'll cut to the chase. I'll set you up an OpenCart on one of my domains - free. You can play with it, actually enter your products, make it your own, because it will be if you like it. Everything there will be yours, just my domain. If, after a month, you like it and want to keep it, you pay me for a year of hosting - no more, just my normal yearly rate - and I'll change the domain to yours and you are off and running. Of course, we can change it sooner, if you wish. No obligation, if you are not satisfied, just say so, I'll delete the site and I'll still share a pint with you.
  8. leeplay

leeplay

Ok Pete, thats great, thanks, thats helped make things clearer...
    So, i may take u up on your genourus offer in the near future, after I go to 123-reg & buy a domain name...
    Finally, how much do your hosting packages start from, once the free trial expires please... ?
  9. Pete

Pete

My normal prices are $53.88 / about £35 paid annually, $14.97 / £10 paid quarterly or $5.99 / £4 paid monthly. That includes unlimited everything, support and my undying gratitude. With the free trial I do expect the annual fee, since there is no guessing, you'll know what you can do with the cart and may even have made some sales. I'm not pushy on the "month" a fortnight or couple of extra weeks is not a problem.

The annual cost breaks down to about 3quid per month, I don't think you'll do much better than that anywhere.
  10. leeplay

leeplay

Ok, so your offering ''up to a months free hosting including the annual fee'', rather than ''a months free trial with no commitment'' as it was worded in post no. #7... ok thanks anyway...
  11. mitchymoo

mitchymoo

I can personally vouch for Pete's service. In most cases you wouldn't get as much as a month's free hosting with even the most well known hosting providers. Tbh you won't get much better value for money than with Pete.
    Pete likes this.
  12. redspell

redspell Banned Member

13. Pete

Pete

No, not at all. I'm giving you a month to try it with no payment whatsoever. I don't see where I said anything like you have above.

I simply said that since you have had a month, or even a couple of weeks longer, to use the site you should know whether or not you intend to keep it. If you keep it, I feel that paying for a year should not be asking too much of you, since by then there should be no doubt what you are dealing with.

I don't play games with words. My offer was, and still is, quite clear. I will give you a new OpenCart site to use with no restrictions, just under my domain name, not yours. If at the end of a month, give or take, you decide it's not for you I'll wipe it and you have no further commitment. Or, if you decide you want to continue you AT THAT POINT pay me for a year's hosting and I change the domain name, the login info and it's 100% yours.

Others have done this, it's not something I promote, but I will offer it to members here who are new to carts and want more of a feel than they can get from an hour's play on a demo site.
  14. mitchymoo

mitchymoo

The way I see it is that it's the price of a dinner for two mate and you get you a sales outlet for the whole year!
    Pete likes this.
  15. leeplay

leeplay

Ok, no prob Pete, its clear now.... Maybe u misworded, ''With the free trial I do expect the annual fee'' on your post #9... Thanks again for your offer...
  16. mickey2910

mickey2910

I have been dealing with Pete for the last few days. As a newbie to setting up a website with open cart I must say the support I have had is defiantly worth the cost.

PS thanks for the support Pete ( could be a late night)
    Mickey
    Pete likes this.
  17. mohammed khan

mohammed khan

i am intrested in design a website that will allow me to sell products on my shop, and will also let me accept card payments from companys like worldpay and paypal, if you could please help on this i would be most appreciated as i have been searching onlne for a website builder to build a website, and they are just to expensie or the way to design them are not good
  18. Pete

Pete

See above, Mohammed.

I can do this for you, no problem. As low as about 3quid per month, paid annually. 4 quid p/m paid monthly.
  19. mohammed khan

mohammed khan

i would paid annually if there is no problem in setting up a online website, i currently have two domains that will need setting up and i am thinking of buying more, if you could email me on (Email Hidden for Privacy) on how we can set up a trail and how to link up the shopping cart to a merchant account so they can pay by card

Thanks
  20. Pete

Pete

OK, I'll do that. All carts have PayPal and many merchant account capabilities built in, this is not a problem.