1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Looking for expert Wordpress designer

Discussion in 'Services Wanted' started by fuzzybottle, Feb 16, 2013.

1. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

I have just registered and hosted a domain for my business, i have installed wordpress.

Looking for a web designer to design the theme and load pictures.

I will provide pictures and contents.
  2. eAuction

eAuction

We could handle this - are you looking for a fully custom design?
  3. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

Yeah a custom feminine theme will do.
  4. redspell

redspell Banned Member

Have you looked on Theme Forest? there are some great Wordpress themes on there that you can easily customise within the admin area?
  5. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

where do i find that on word press please?
  6. redspell

redspell Banned Member

7. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

A custom theme (a good one) would cost hundreds of pounds.

Just Google 'wordpress themes'. You will need to buy one, and then you can upload it under the themes section of wordpress.

You can then get a designer to make any alterations, change colours, etc.

Good luck
  8. Kingamer

Kingamer

Come on guys your killing a potential earning fir eauction
    Bizi likes this.
  9. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

I will probably put an advert on freelancer by Monday and see the kinda quotes i will get for the work.
  10. planner

planner

Fuzzy why not use eauction or redspell? They have gone out of there way to help you.:)
  11. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

Sure will do that if i get a quote within my budget
  12. planner

planner

Down to you, redspell & eauction now. Hope you get what you want.:)
  13. eAuction

eAuction

Prices start at 699. Can be cheaper for more simple layouts but we would require a full brief.
  14. Twisty

Twisty

Try Elance. Put together a very detailed specification of what you need.

I have had many wordpress websites designed and many plugins either customised or custom developed. I personally would not pay more than £200 for the design or complete theme.
  15. eAuction

eAuction

You get what you pay for with WordPress development. I've seen some very shoddy stuff and end up spending a lot of time fixing bad workmanship from sites like elance.
    andrew page likes this.
  16. Twisty

Twisty

Agreed, eAuction. But every platform has cowboys. I have used Elance many many times and have always reviewed previous work of the contractor before giving them a project. Its also important to have a very clear specification or brief of what you want with any examples you can show.

Elance is a fantastic website and those are the type of platforms one should be looking at first to employ a website designer as the talent pool is enormous. The OP has it spot on by sticking it on freelancer and getting as many quotes as possible, as well as getting quotes from TWF.
  17. eAuction

eAuction

The problem with sites like freelancer and elance is that most people are simply there to do work - so you need a brief of exactly what you want, otherwise quoting is near impossible. If you don't know really what you want/need you need to go to a professional who can help.
  18. fuzzybottle

fuzzybottle

Absolutely true!!! im trying to sketch out how i want the website to look.