1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Offer Ended/Closed M009F 1GHZ 256MB 4GB Only £45 No MOQ

Discussion in 'Computers & Electronics' started by Kingamer, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane1

shane1

arghh the soldered batteries are a pain.

yes the e1750 works fine you just need to make sure its a proper huawei dongle and there notnthe cheapest but as faras i know any network including 3 , the instructions with the donles are in chnese when there originals but if you need help let me know i have a siplifid
  2. shane1

shane1

simplified set up guide on the office computr if you need it.
  3. Pete

Pete

The firmware from eken will not work with the non-eken tablet.

At this point I have bought and sold 3 different M009S and one M009F, and the latest version of the S may be different again.

The original eken M009S had one version of the firmware, I think they have several since.

The first M009S I offered from our other factory (with no-touch) screens uses one version of firmware.

The second version, with (with 5-touch) has another version.

The M009F has a different version.

And I'll as tonight about the now re-released M009S, as I have just got some in and see they do have some differences in Google, for sure, maybe elsewhere.

My suggestion is to hit the android/tablet forums and see if anyone can provide firmware or a link to firmware to that model m7206 v2.2, as it is definitely not going to use eken's, or anyone elses' firmware.

Anything further from me will require consultancy fees. :)
  4. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

my 'M009F' says m7206 V2.2 in the model field
  5. Tango34uk

Tango34uk

Well "Geek" Chris can explain this one, it all comes down to money, When the 3G companies asked about putting the 3G stuff up, China Government asked for a massive amount of money, the companies decided it wasn't worth paying through the nose / 3G allows internet access (as fair speeds (ish) ) and we all understand that the Internet in China isn't the same version we get in the West! - To that end its taken the China Factories a long time to get there heads around 3G, for many years we had the letters/numbers 3G on many devices (that didnt mean it, even going as far as pretending that "3G" was a type of movie codex.... lol ) but it seems at last they are starting to get there, Myself I put this down to companies like ZTE that have produced some very good mobiles for the Western market and have real 3G in them, then the others taking this tech and making a copy :)
  6. Kingamer

Kingamer

let me now if you want it Richard as I will upload the files needed as I have them and am pretty sure it will work on the tablet you have but will probably not work on the m009f tablets
    took me over a week to get this firmware sorted as I had to get certain files from 3 different firmwares to make it work
    also the set up is not simple
  7. Kingamer

Kingamer

Richard here is the file I use to re-flash the M7206 tablets it is OK works fine only thing is the market is a bit iffy and need to work on that but this will do so here you go and for anyone else also if you need any more help just ask

http://www.mediafire.com/?cn7ndlv5cqway0p
  8. shopafrolix

Thanks, but I aint touching 100 tablets not knowing what I'm doing. Gonna have a 'word' with supplier soon, maybe he didn't know they weren't M009F's either, thanks Pete. Who else bought M009F off Hardware Heroes then ?
    Pete likes this.
  9. Kingamer

Kingamer

I did the most off mine are fine I got a few that were M7206 which were having wifi problems so I took one and I am currently playing about with it to sort it out fixed the wifi problem now just need to look at the market problem and then should be done will check the 3g thing once I got the right dongle
  10. shopafrolix

just done a random check, and yes, some say M009F and others M7206 ! The one I use is M7206 so I assumed all were !

On start up, the difference is a 'field and cloud' wallpaper/background on the M7206 and a red/orange graphic on the M009F
  11. juhele

juhele

Hi Kingamer,

Your prices are including VAT? Thanks.
  12. Kingamer

Kingamer

I am not vat registered so no vat is added and the price you pay is £45 per unit plus delivery
  13. shopafrolix

Kingamer, do you know if this tablet works on both WINDOWS and MAC WI FI? cheers

PS. still got hangover from yesterdays rugby match where Wales beat England !!!!!!
  14. Kingamer

Kingamer

Not sure what you mean by this as from my knowledge WiFi does not have any thing to do with Windows or MAC if you to expand on what you said it might be able explain it be need extra information
  15. shopafrolix

don't really know, a customer says is having problems connecting to his MAC Airport Express ? Didn't think that WiFi was any different between PC and Mac, but also can't see why he can't connect to it. The M009F spec says Wifi enabled for 802.11b/g and this MAC device I think is 802.11n, so not sure if that's the reason​
  16. Volantary

Volantary

Firstly, MAC is the physical address of a network card and Mac is a product made by Apple. The Airport Express is a tiny router thing made by Apple, which has a MAC address but is not a Mac. When it is raining, a mac will keep you dry. And Pete likes Big Macs.

Hope that cleared that up :D

As for b/g/n, each standard is backwards compatible with the previous so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't have any experience with the Airport Express and if you don't I'd highly recommend telling the customer to phone Apple, he'll probably have some settings locked down too tightly or something.

I'd hazard a guess at him using the wrong type of security (WEP/WPA and all the funky variants of that), the type of security needs to match on both the tablet and the router. You can find out the type of security in the router's settings, and you can set it on the tablet when you type in your wifi password. But if the customer isn't especially au fait with messing with routers and that type of stuff a phone call to Apple might be the best bet for them.
    Kingamer likes this.
  17. shopafrolix

thanks for that, hope that helps. Mac is also a brand of cosmetics - Glad he wasn't referring to those !
    Kingamer likes this.
  18. Pete

Pete

Some of the latest gateway/routers have what is basically overkill security that is way more bother than it is worth for a home user. I have a year old Motorola unit that I have never been able to use with any of dozens of tablets - other than turning off all security. At first I spent hours at it, with no success. Read all there was to read online, went through all sorts of Motorola help and online setup. Pissing up a rope.

Went out and bought a $29.95 Belkin wifi unit, plugged it into the one port in the Motorola and been testing tablets daily ever since. Same alleged (As Alex says - WEP/WPA and all the funky variants of that) security, but nary a hassle. The tablets always "find" both units, but I have yet to get one to actually connect to the Motorola.

Since selling thousands of the M009 series to chains in the US, I have become my own support center. I just get a couple a week, and never for wifi issues. I'm talking about literally thousands of these each month being given away or offered for $20 to $30 as promotional items with each including a warranty page with my support site the only contact info and I'll never get more than 5 or 6 a week, mostly just need a reflash of the firmware. Wifi just isn't an issue, and if it is, it's with the router, not the tablet.

(It was an issue with Eken tablets. A constant issue in the past, but I am told they upgraded to a better wifi card. I can't say anything about this other unit mentioned, the M7602, but with everything I've dealt with for the last 6 months or more, it's always the router setup that is the problem, the wifi in the units does fine.

So I'd try that Airport Express in several other locations, or cut back the security of the router and see what happens.
    Kingamer and shopafrolix like this.
  19. Kingamer

Kingamer

Like Alex and Pete have said ask your buyer to change his security settings
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.