1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

** Make $100 a month for NO WORK! **

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Martin, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. force5

force5

Thank you Martin for reminding me of this thread.

Another useful one is here

adsense thread 2

I was getting a bit disillusioned (sp?) that maybe I was way off mark with my ideas for adsense and it was going to be a week of work wasted..

Reading this post again has made me realise I have the right idea, I have found software that makes it easier to manage the content and have articles coming out of my ears.
    If I follow Richards advice and build a more targeted site then hopefully I will crack it.

I know I still have to build links and get visitors but at least I am on the right track.

So far i am 10% of the way to my first cheque.. [​IMG]

paul
  2. reihtec

reihtec

I have just spent over an hour looking for this post. How has this worked for you Martin? Are you getting a lot of click throughs? Has anyone else tried adding such content to their site. I was sure I saw somewhere on the web while reading up on Public Domain that EC law says that copyright ceases (sp?) to exist 70 years from the calender year after the author dies and unless they are classics, I can't imagine a lot of such old content still being useful.

If a piece of literature/writing is public domain in the US and the main audience is in the US, would I be infringing the US law by putting such content on my website which will be hosted in the US anyway?
  3. Eladesor

Eladesor

Some really interesting tips in this thread.... must admit, I never really paid much attention to 'adsense' until learning more about it on this site [​IMG]

Certainly given me lots of food for thought, time to experiment I think! [​IMG]
  4. Martin

Martin

I exceeded $400 last month. I'm still scanning in magazine articles, some old, some new - not many 70+ years old! But I do have some that are older than I. [​IMG]

For most of them I leave in useful advertising for the writer and/or publisher so they are unlikely to complain. Obviously if they do complain I simply remove the page.

If anyone really wanted to take out a civil action under Copyright legislation, they could do that, but it would cost them more than they'd get out of me so I can't imagine anyone being daft enough. The courts would probably take a dim view of someone prosecuting for a page, that no longer existed, which was giving them free advertising. [​IMG]
  5. E-Butler

E-Butler

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Were they taken off parchment then??? hehe [​IMG]
  6. Martin

Martin

Almost. Whatever it was is crumbling into dust!
  7. Shak

Shak

I would like to just add something to this classic post...

It is better to add YOUR OWN CONTENT rather than just copy and paste content from article websites. That way, you don't have to include links to there site, which can cost you rankings...
  8. Broomy

Broomy

Hi,

I've read all thorugh the adsense posts on this forum and found some very helpful information. I would just like to clarify a few points though before i try making a site myself.

1) Is it better to have one website with a lot of information on or different websites for different subjects?

2) Is it as easy as making a simple html website with a column for the links to the pages and adsense on each page?

3) How much info on a particular topic should be added on each page? This may sound a bit of a stupid question but obviously the quicker i can write a page the more pages i can get done.

4) Does it matter what the URL is if the site is about random topics or does it help to have a name that might attract clicks, e.g get-rich.co.uk. And that reminds me, as i won't sell anything on the site would a .com be better than .co.uk as it would then appear on US searches?

Sorry for so many questions, hope someone can help on some of them.

Thanks
  9. Shak

Shak

Hi Broomy,

You've done the hard part (all the reading) so good job. These are opinions...

1) either way, start with one.

2) YES...you can even leave the column out. [​IMG]

3) min 300 words.

4) Yes again, get .com to start with, this is your first site right? .com makes a good base.

Shak
  10. Broomy

Broomy

Hi Shak, thanks for getting back to me. I'm working on another website at the moment but this will be my first adsense related site, i'll have to start collecting free articles from whatever sites i can find so i can make the site as content-rich as possible.

Amazed that some people make so much money from adsense sites, i'm sure i won't be able to create a site that does as well as most because it seems such a great task to get the traffic some people mention (1000's of clicks per day resulting in tens of thousands in money per month), and i'm still very new and still have a LOT to learn regarding websites and increasing traffic.

Anyway, i'll still give it a go as it doesn't take much effort to start, and can be updated in my spare time [​IMG] .

Thanks for the pointers, i'll bare them in mind.

Broomy
  11. force5

force5

I would say add one page every other day or so and preety soon you will have a sizeable site.

Keep building links to it and add as much original content as you can.

good luck and think , just $3.33 a day will get you $100 a month.. which is a good starting point.
  12. Martin

Martin

My mind is always bare. [​IMG]

My main Adsense site has a vast mixture of topics. I've been considering the possibility of chopping it into several smaller, more targeted sites. But I doubt that it makes much difference and I'm reluctant to change a winning formula.

It's important to create good, original content. You can do this by copying stuff from books, magazines and documents that you've acquired at work or through your business. I've used all three techniques but you must be careful to rewrite everything in your own words, otherwise you'll be in breach of copyright and someone will ask you to remove the page. Worse, they'll go direct to your ISP and the first you'll know is when your web site disappears.

Obviously a lot of my content is purely original out of my own head. If you can do that, great. If you can't, try the other ways.
  13. Broomy

Broomy

Thanks, do you ever use the sites such as www.ezinearticles.com and others that jason suggested in this post on adsense? I will try to add original content, as you suggest Martin, as much as possible but i'm sure i'll add many articles from such sites just for the quickness of adding more pages.

$3.33 is a better way of looking at it rather than the $10,000 a month some people mention [​IMG] , i'm sure it soon adds up (well i hope it does anyway!). Thanks for the encouragement, i'll give the site a good go, there's nothing much to lose especially when doing it in my spare time.
  14. Eladesor

Eladesor

johnbradbury, posted an excellent list here once of lots of sites to obtain free articles from - can't recall it (I'm sure if he reads this he might help [​IMG] ).

One tip though, no matter where you obtain the information - do as martin says and change the wording around etc.... search engines do not like duplicate information.
  15. Shak

Shak

oh, and make a note of this number -

Bonus points to anyone who knows what that represents [​IMG]
  16. harrychoochoo

harrychoochoo

It's nice to see this post again. I must have read it about a dozen times already!

This was the post that really opened my eyes to PPC advertising and inspired me to start building sites. I had no previous experience but already I've learned a lot. Adsense from scratch will be a very long road but you have to stick at it if you want to make money.

I've seen from previous posts that Forcey has reaches $3 - $4 in quick time and I have to say, I take my hat off to him. He's done really well.

With a little bit of action everyday on 2 basic sites I have now, plus another 3 I hope to start, I don't expect to reach that level for a YEAR. And then I will continue working, adding, learning the trade etc.

The ultimate aim of course is to create an income large enough to live on and with a little bit of action everyday I hope to be at that level in 10 YEARS. (I expect to reach this level with merchant activities much sooner and with much less effort!!) The business will change a lot in that time but I've started building web sites and learning the trade now, so I will be able to adapt.

Listen to anyone who's making money with Adsense and they'll all tell you the same thing. Long term, consistent action and lots of original content is the key. Broomy, I wish you all the best and this forum is a great place to get ideas and moral support on your long journey [​IMG]
  17. force5

force5

Thanks for the hats off , My daily average for this month so far is $10 .. cross fingers and hope it stays there.

My agony aunt site has grown and is doing $6.75 at its highest day, I do add at least 5 new letters a week.
    I do need to add more articles to it as well , which Ive been a bit slack with.

Ok Im off to add more articles to it now youve reminded me..

Is the daily amount you need to make a Million a year?
  18. harrychoochoo

harrychoochoo

$10 a day is excellent. How long have you had the Agony Aunt site running?
  19. force5

force5

I started it on Jan 18th .. it had 2 visitors that day..
    the stats are (all unique visitors)

jan 96
    feb 259
    march 750
    april 874
    may 937
    june 2295

In june Google suddenly moved me from page 14 to page 1 for "Agony Aunt", I would say that is proof that the whole, add something new everyday , idea works.

I am working on more inbound links as well but that isnt as easy (in my opinion ) as it is to add something new everyday.

My income went up when i added the 2nd set of google ads as well, I now have one at the top of every article/letter.

I have also made changes in how I do things.
    As far as meta tags go, I now include some misspellings in the meta tags as I found I was getting some clicks from people who had gone to a page which I had a misspelling in.

I am also now starting to aim my articles/letters and links at some harder keywords.

If I could get onto the first page for "dating advice" (40k searches) or "relationship advice" (49K searches) then I think my adsense would go up a little bit. [​IMG]

Make sure the site makes sense.
    By that I mean my site is aimed at the whole "advice" market, Try to aim one site at one market and if you see a 2nd market build a new site.

Start your site and add something everyday, blog as well..
  20. speedymove

speedymove

Thanks to Andy Henry's recommendation, I bought an NPB licence and am now averaging $100 - $150 a day from it.. Now I can concentrate more on quality projects that this money allows me to. This thread was my first main introduction to adsense sites.. Pure inspiration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.