1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

** Make $100 a month for NO WORK! **

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Martin, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. force5

force5

wow steve, i bet it was nice cashing that 1st google cheque.

Hope you dont mind me asking, how many sites are you using to get that sort of $.

Also I suppose the main question is , how do you drive traffic to the sites?
    Is it all from search engines?
  2. Bradley

Bradley

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    How many sites in total do you have from NPB if you don't mind me asking?
  3. TOF_andrew

TOF_andrew

I've been wondering about the word count this for a while, I guess I've not been adding enough words to each page! My AdSense site now has over 700 pages on it though! But still not much of an income!

I'll get writing, I can be quote verbose (as anyone who has read my magazine will testify to!")

Another great bit of advice that Martin gave us yonks ago is to make your page just the right amount of interesting. It needs to be interesting enough that people stay on your page for long enough to realise it's not really what they are looking for and move on through the web via the adsense adverts on your page!
  4. speedymove

speedymove

I have a total of 109 sites at the moment. I am also using BAM for my blogging and pinging to both wordpress and blogger blogs. It seems to be working [​IMG] ... at the moment. [​IMG]
  5. Broomy

Broomy

I was just having a search on google for adsense and came across http://www.admoolah.com/. It shows some pretty interesting facts on what people are earning for different categories. I'm not sure how useful it is but thought i'd share it incase it came in handy for anyone wanting to look at what some people are making from adsense.
  6. Broomy

Broomy

I've got quite a lot of content to start my adsense site but was wondering if there are any tips before i get started designing the site. I'm creating it in dreamweaver which i have never properly used before but i'm starting with a simple template with a header, main text area and right column for links to all the pages. The main thing i don't want to do is create the site and add a lot of pages only to have missed something and have to go back through and change them all.

I'd appreciate any pointers or even any helpful tips on creating a better adsense site in dreamweaver.

Thanks for any help.
  7. i.am.will

i.am.will

Use the Dreamweaver templating functionality to build your site. That way, whenever you update the template, Dreamweaver automatically updates all of the pages based upon it.
  8. Broomy

Broomy

I hope someone can help me with something on dreamweaver. How can i make a row stay at the right size, it looks good in dreamweaver and i've set the height but if i preview it in IE it is really long. The layout is as follows:

-header that stretches the full length of the template
    -2 columns (One at 70% and the other at 30%). One has been split into two rows but the first row is the one i'm having the problem with controlling [​IMG] .

Hope someone knows how to sort this

Thanks
  9. Stuart Morrison

Stuart Morrison

Try changing the method from percentage to absolute, without seeing the site I couldn't say for certain.

Send me the html in a pm and I'll take a look.
  10. Broomy

Broomy

Thank you for having a look, i've pm'd you. It seems to look long if i preview it in dreamweaver but if i save and load it in a browser from my pc it seems pretty much ok, but what i don't want is for it to change size on different screen sizes/resolutions.

Thanks again
  11. TOF_andrew

TOF_andrew

I'd like to say (by way of encouragement) that yesterday morning yet another unexpected checque from Google landed on my door mat, happy days!
  12. Martin

Martin

They pay me by direct credit transfer to my account.
  13. TOF_richie

TOF_richie

[/b][/quote]
    i dont know thats why i'm asking

whats an NPB licence?
  14. i.am.will

i.am.will

Try searching the forum for "niche portal builder" and you'll find your answer!
  15. TOF_richie

TOF_richie

thanx i will research it

richie
  16. richard-r

richard-r

Hi,

I've been into 'Adsense' looking to promote my website, but soon notice that they obstruct websites like my Adult site.
    How are sites like mine able to promote our type of business, without this discrimination.

Claire.
  17. Martin

Martin

I just want to add a link to the discussion started by Caz, since it's relevant:
    http://traderonlineforum.com/index.php?showtopic=692

Google specifically exclude sites with certain content. It's in their T&Cs. If you don't like it, complain direct to Google (and get others to). Meanwhile, try removing or disguising any "sensitive" words in any site which does not relate to the "certain content".
  18. force5

force5

Just noticed a strange thing.

Half of my adsense earnings yesterday were from pages which were misspelt(sp?).
    I checked and some of my misspelt pages rank in the top 3 while the correct pages are no where to be seen.

Now its not going to make me a millionaire, but a extra $ here and there just by adding a page that has misspellings on it is worth it I think..
  19. Stuart Morrison

Stuart Morrison

20. force5

force5

thanks..
    having fatfingers is probably what caused the mistakes in the 1st place..lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.