1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Mark Wilten INC

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by thesmeazy, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesmeazy

thesmeazy

I am thinking to purchase ipod nanos from "Mark Wilten INC." They are on alibaba, i know most are scams but this company is TrustPass (if that even helps) and he is using wier transfer as a payment option, he also accepts visa, amex, MC so I dont know if its legit. Please look him up and help me out here.

Thanks,
    Samit Patel
  2. Hamada

Hamada

I'd be very careful with using alibaba. I almost got scammed.....however having said that there are very legit sellers on alibaba....those with gold supplier status and those that deal thru escrow.

This guy is selling ipods cheap....I don't think he is legit.....but ofcourse he may be and we're missing THE DEAL OF OUR LIVES!(LOL).

Try ringing him, get info off him like registration number, if he has a website etc. and get him checked out.

As far as I know it is hard to get good prices on apple products unless u are buying in big quantities and the margin profit is small i most instances. He states he is a worldwide apple wholesaler yet is only advertising one item at the moment...the nano....because he knows it is a hot item at the moment and newbies like us will search for hot items like this at cheap prices with big profit margins.....i don't think so.....be very careful!
  3. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

The pricing of the offer is what concerns me, Apple sell them at $199 retail so he has bought them at least $40 a unit less than retail when you include mark up and his expected profit....not sure even super high quantities would get that sort of discount from Apple..
  4. prezfromny

prezfromny

Bump

I'm communicating right now with this guy actually...he is a registered business and also a Trust Pass member on Alibaba...they seem legit enough..they also don't mind me going down to visit them and the guy actually doesn't mind sending me a scan of his drivers license...what do you guys think?
  5. Xile2005

Xile2005

Ask him to provide the following information:

1) Ask for their Tax ID
    2) Ask for Trade references
    3) Ask for their Dunn and Bradstreet number. Enter this number on http://www.dnb.com/us/ and it can verify the address etc of the wholesaler. Then, if you wish, you can purchase a report about that company
    4) Get some active tracking numbers

I knew this info would come in handy some day :D
  6. prezfromny

prezfromny

Will do. I'm actually taking it a step further - I'm flying down to Atlanta in about a week to check it out. Only $200, not too bad, so wish me luck.
  7. Xile2005

Xile2005

Fantastic, let us know how you get on :)
  8. guru4us

guru4us

:eek: lol Xile
  9. prezfromny

prezfromny

Anybody want to help me follow-up on this one? PM me and I'll tell you what I know so far.
  10. Xile2005

Xile2005

I thought you were flying down to check them out?
  11. prezfromny

prezfromny

Yeah but that's not until another week.
  12. jain_ranka

jain_ranka

I just ordered 50 units of IPOD NANOs from him, Lets see what happens and when i talked to his bank( Wachovia) - they all knew that he was a IPOD dealer, so i dont know. I have his cell phone number and all his ofice nos. So i'll keep you all posted. I hope i get my order.
  13. Anthony

Anthony

I hope you do too considering the size of it..! :eek:
  14. RiotActing

RiotActing

Anyone have any updates or any other information on this company? Thanks
  15. radiohead0987

radiohead0987

any news at all?
  16. SiinMan

SiinMan

17. xamell

xamell

Stay away from this guy, he is a broker.

Also, recently I emailed a company about ipods, and that person responded back with the prices, and also forwarded the mail to 10 other recipients. And guess what,Mark Wilten was one of those recipients.

This shows that hes still looking for a supplier, lol!
  18. JMGames

JMGames

19. SiinMan

SiinMan

I agree with you JMGames. That post looks like he got all of them.
  20. prezfromny

prezfromny

Why would a scammer risk his ass in the US? He's given out all his personal info (including a copy of his license), his business certificate, agreed to meet with his customer (I know him personally). Either he's trying to go to jail or just really stupid. I don't think this is the case here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.