1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Market Place advertisers

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Dave Casuals, May 3, 2015.

1. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

@Erik

When are you looking to have a sticky with the current advertisers and what they sell. This was mentioned some months ago and at the time the forum was apparently in the process of putting something togther...surely it can't take longer than a couple of days even if just to get something up temporarily and rather basic.

I've been considering membership for a number of months but still don't see enough traffic coming through this place but I might just take the plunge although there are other factors which i think the forum could implement in order to maybe help customers/sellers alike. As far as i was aware you were going to indicate what current advertisers were offering and maybe a little bit of info about each. This could easily be a far better way for new members first signing up and finding their chosen supplier quicker than going through the marketplace.
  2. Gary

Gary

3. Erik

Erik

Hi Dave,

As Gary said, we already have that thread in the Suppliers section. I am also contemplating on making this list visible exclusive depending on what stocks an advertiser sell in each Marketplace category, although we have to meet up on this first and brainstorm.

As for advertiser info I mentioned that we are soon having a real advertiser directory. How that works is that we staff will be making the directory, and we will prompt the advertiser to "own" the thread / listing. Once owned, the advertiser may then modify all info, such as address, stocks and services offered, even a good sized image of the company's logo. It works as a regular thread too so members may leave feedback and / or post queries about the advertiser and it will be up to the advertiser to fully support everything on that thread (in which moderators may also modify posts to comply to rules, but the general support will depend on the advertiser of course.

As said, that's halfway done, we are also signing up a new development team to finish that one. I made it a personal achievement to have that active within the next month or so but of course, that depends once we get to have a new development team on board. Note that this is not just an add-on like other features in a forum platform, but a custom made inclusion exclusive to our site so the process is not that easy.

I do understand you'd like to sign up again once you can see these changes that will help boost advertiser visibility. We've already put everything into thought, that's why we're confident of making these projects come into fruition and we'll do them. It just takes some time but we'll surely make them happen.
    Dave Casuals likes this.
  4. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

thanks Erik & Gary. I actually had never seen the original advertiser thread so just goes to show as if i'm missing it then wonder how many others are not noticing it to. There should be something more visible ie on the home page but thanks for the update.
  5. Helen

Helen

Maybe in the meantime we can make it one of our top banners on the homepage @Erik? The social one and re-organisation probably aren't as pertinent now and it would be good to promote the current advertiser directory more prominently?
  6. Erik

Erik

Yes, that is quite possible Helen. We could have a banner at the top or maybe even possibly at the side of the forums that would direct everyone to the list.

At the moment I am updating the list to reflect the changes we had, so it may take a few hours before I could say it's updated. I could help work on the banner too so we could display it as soon as possible.
  7. Helen

Helen

Brilliant. Thanks Erik!
    Erik likes this.