1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

member ages

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by mrbritish, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jayjrc

jayjrc

well whoever got it, jakes name had advertising status.

Also he was selling directly to customers as i had more than a few messages from him.

but anyway back on topic aye :)
  2. TTL

TTL

Which is exactly what Emily did.

I still fail to see why selling to a younger member would be a problem. They obviously can't get an advertising membership to sell, without a complicated fraudulent application.
  3. Rocker Locker

Rocker Locker

Agreed. When we had advetising status and had some offers on here, Inferno placed a few orders and although Inferno talked the talk, only 1 order out of 3 was followed through, the rest he placed with us, then didn't pay or respond to our communications. Luckily we don't do credit accounts to new customers!

I had my suspicions about Emily, but she seemed like a trusted member, so why rock the boat? Jake i didn't know, but if i'm honest, it doesn't make diddly-squat difference how old someone is, scammers are aged 10-100 and it's hard to see them coming.

This thread isn't about young people scamming, it's more concerns over young people of today being able to handle the business world, and other twf users being able to enforce discretion and take age into account when agreeing deals with other members.

Anthony is only one person, and from what i see, he does a pretty good job of nipping potential problems in the bud before they get out of hand.

The Jake/Emily situations, if you were getting unrequested pm's regarding wholesale supply, if they were offering deals without advertising status, if they were trying to 'poach' custom without you showing any interest, this is 'spamming' and should not be allowed. It must be reported to Anthony, because he cannot do a thing if he doesn't know about it.

Anyone can be trustworthy & respectable when they apply for advertising status - Anthony isn't psychic and cannot predict what a member will use their status for once it is granted, if he was i'm sure he'd be down the newsagents putting the lottery on!
  4. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Is this really necessary?
  5. willhof

willhof

To be fair Nicky, he's just making the point that it's not just 13 year olds who are time waters/scammers.
  6. Mitch

Mitch

Why is it always 13 year olds that get used as an example? :p
  7. Seraph

Seraph

I know this thread has gone off on a tangent and I'm genuinely sorry for what happened with you but I'm just being honest - I did call her out a few times and people still fell for it.
  8. Seraph

Seraph

She :p
  9. TTL

TTL

Better change that to "she's"

EDIT - beaten to it :)
  10. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

I've said all I have to say on this subject already.
  11. Rala Clothing

Rala Clothing

Whats to say people won't just put in fake information?
  12. Rocker Locker

Rocker Locker

I don't know anything about the Emily ordeal, read a bit, but mostly stayed out of it because i wasn't affected, therefore it's none of my business.

Yor defensive approach insinuates that you were caught up in this, i apologise if any of my comments have offended you.

If it does anything at all to soften whatever blow you were dealt, i have been scammed only once in my life that i am aware of. When i was with my ex-husband. By his sister. Who claimed she was my best friend. And wasn't even embarrassed about it. Still argueing with credit companies 5 years later over the £30k debt she run up in my name, without my knowledge, that i refuse to pay back. Shows you really never know a person, no matter how close you are to them!
  13. willhof

willhof

Wrong.

She was pointing out that people of any age can be scammers - not necessarily minors.
  14. willhof

willhof

Well that's the way I took it...
  15. mrbritish

mrbritish

no where in my origional post did i say everyone underage is a potential scammer or that i would not sell to anyone under a certain age all i hinted at was maybe adding peoples ages to there posts as a quick referance to who you are potentialy dealing with.
    this thread has been taken everyway possible from the origional intention .
    by the way who knows i could be 9 lol
  16. Seraph

Seraph

I think it's safe to say, as others have said before me, if you are going to do business with anybody here, use common sense, don't deal with anyone that makes an offer via PM, advertisers *should* be safe but if someone is determined enough to try it on they will. I'm not in any way saying there are hordes of teens on here trying to rip people but can understand some people will be reluctant to deal with minors.

If I see something that doesn't look quite right I will generally jump in and say so, that's just the way I am - I'm not trying to offend :\
  17. suttons33

suttons33

Well Im 34 years young today and feeling slightly shaky but more to do with the drinking than the age!!!
  18. peerielass

peerielass

Woop woop, happy birthday, same age as me, My 13yr old told me tonight I had loads of cool clothes and we should share, hehe must be doing something right:niceone:
  19. TTL

TTL

As I've always said, never do business with kids or alcoholics :)

(I am only joking - happy birthday)
  20. andy v001

andy v001

So by saying that I am a 17 year old student, would that put you off dealing with me no matter how much commitment I show?