1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Moving on to E-Commerce from Markets

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by shak100, Nov 17, 2018.

1. shak100

shak100

I started buying stock from here in 2009 when the marketplace first launched, I was buying computer and electrical items to sell on the markets. 5 Years later I moved to selling on eBay and Amazon. 3 Years later I started selling on my own website with my preferred choice being Shopify to host my site on.

It has been a sad decline going from the markets to online marketplaces and finally to having a website. I think you have to stay ahead with the times and move to what platform is generating the most traffic. I think if you do move online to have to select a niche otherwise you will give up marketing your website.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018
  2. Stylesupplier

Stylesupplier

You are right, we have to stay ahead with the tiems and move to the platform is generating the most traffic.
  3. Adamwells

Adamwells

It's great to hear that you are still going strong years later, encouraging for those starting new. The lesson here is that many people find online shopping much easier than going to the high street, especially if free shipping is involved. I would not give up with market places entirely, even if they take the mess when it comes to fees but anyway...

I recently tried out a market stall just to see how it went and with disappointing results. The attendance was not good and people did not seem to buy anything above £10 which ended up with me just selling a few pocket money items to children, not good. I think for me the best places to sell for me would be OnBuy, Amazon and my own website :) I try to encourage people to my website as less fees are paid and therefore more profit.
  4. adamandeesa

adamandeesa

E commerce platform is more convienent and easy to approach for all the customers as they want everything at their doorstep without being going to market and roam around
  5. Grace lester

Grace lester

Staying ahead with time is very crucial when you're doing business & it's good to see you're doing so, many people actually don't adopt the new trends & thus it cause them decline in their growth, that why it always better to move ahead with time.