1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Moving to new website - Any advice to get it right?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Dean, Jan 22, 2014.

1. eAuction

eAuction

Can be difficult to migrate emails over from a server to the likes of BigCommerce, not impossible though.
  2. Andy777

Andy777

It's actually very easy with BC - takes few seconds and you can set-up emails there.

Plus you can set-up auto-forwarding mail accounts too, which is quite handy if you have lots of accounts to deal with.
  3. eAuction

eAuction

Could be the disk space restrictions too - email storage is taken away from your quota. Even the gold account only has 5gb storage.
  4. Andy777

Andy777

Bumer - just saw the new pricing from BC:

http://www.bigcommerce.com/pricing/2

It seems that with new plans they plan to charge a 2% transaction fee. BAD MOVE!

I don't use Silver accounts but still, for many people who are just starting out, it doesn't help when you have to pay 2% on top of payment processor fees.

Sorry, off topic.
  5. eAuction

eAuction

Wow, that literally must have just changed. Very bad move indeed - this was one of the only reasons that I used BC for smaller clients over Shopify.
  6. Andy777

Andy777

same here.
  7. eAuction

eAuction

May be a good time for Volusion to gain some market share - still offering 0 trans fee's all on accounts.
  8. Andy777

Andy777

9. Gary

Gary

For me it's automatically redirecting to pricing/2 with the 2% transaction fee for silver accounts, not the best move in my opinion, I'm sure they will lose custom over this so someone will pick it up, albeit mainly their larger competitors, but all of a sudden "No Transaction Fees" have become a bit clearer on my website, wonder why that happened ;)
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. eAuction

eAuction

Pretty sure that even yesterday it was still 0% - haven't been notified about the change from BC either. I'm sure some sort of official press release will come soon.
  11. Dean

Dean

Blimey, I was just in time! I only signed up to a paid account on Friday and I still got the old pricing with no transaction fees on the Bronze Package. I hope I get to keep that!!

No real reason. Just wanted to get the new website live and then worry about email later. I can't move email to BC at the moment as it would exceed the limits on the bronze package. I also have several other domains/emails with my hosting package so even if I moved my main emails to BC, I would still be paying the same for the remaining ones.
  12. ebafy

ebafy

Pure greed... why oh why indeed! currently enjoying woo for a few clients and all is smelling of roses (for now :S)
  13. Dean

Dean

Not just Bigcommerce... Linnworks have put their prices up too. Basic package up from £40p/m to £80p/m!! I missed it by 20 days!! :(
  14. eAuction

eAuction

Woo is very good and getting developed very rapidly indeed!
  15. Finest123

Finest123

Never noticed linnworks, just finishing trial and I was going to pay but not now they've put it up.
  16. Kirsten Knipp

Kirsten Knipp

Hello all -

Hopping in from Bigcommerce right now.

Along with releasing a number of new features, we'll be making some changes to pricing in Q1. At this time, there is no plan to include a revenue transaction fee on net sales for Gold or higher plans. We're evaluating other aspects of our pricing that will let us provide more value to our clients and re-invest in new development efforts.

If we do end up rolling out a broad change in pricing, clients who were on Bigcommerce before the change would be able to keep their current pricing and there would be a well communicated grandfathering policy.

Thanks for the conversation and looking forward to sharing new features with you in the months to come.
    Kirsten
  17. Dean

Dean

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for the info.

Please note that if you wish to promote BigCommerce on the forum, you will need to sign up for an advertiser package or perhaps apply to be a forum partner. You can find a link to the advertising info at the top of the page.
  18. Kirsten Knipp

Kirsten Knipp

Thanks Dean - please know this wasn't meant to be a promotion, merely a response about pricing changes. Do let me know if there's something you'd recommend I change to ensure it's in keeping with your vision for this forum. Thanks!
  19. Dean

Dean

I think your post is fine as it's a factual response to a specific point. I will check with staff just to make sure they are happy.

It might be worth considering getting BigCommerce signed up as an advertiser/partner here so you can get more involved. It is a big forum with a lot of potential (and existing) customers here. I for one am very pleased with my recent move to BC!
  20. Gary Ashe

Gary Ashe

a discount for forum members wouldnt hurt either.