1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Mr.mobiles/FONEXS

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by paultheseagull, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mcgoverg

mcgoverg

mcta

Hi, i've also been contacted with the same mail. I was intending to call today just to check it out.

I was caught by this scammer using his dana.rack persona. Not for much (£22) but it'd be good to see him face a court. it looks like he's got absolutely hundreds of people so even at just a few quid each he's still made a load out of us.

I won't get a chance to call until at least late afternoon but will update with any info I get

Cheers
  2. Foxy

Foxy

Hi everyone
    I have also had an e-mail from Simon Robinson of Lancs police. He has asked me for info so as to prepare his case against this guy. There are over 1600 people complaints from e-bay customers alone. I will be giving him all the information he has asked for and said I will be a witness if need be. I doubt all 1600 plus will be asked to give evidence! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE e-mail the police with details of your loss if this guy has scammed you.
  3. tobyjugg

tobyjugg

wow

Well done folks
    Keep it up
  4. tony4563

tony4563

Haven't received mine yet for some reason.
  5. mcgoverg

mcgoverg

tony4563

Hi there,
    just saw your post. If you still haven't received a mail this is a cut/paste from the mail sent to me.

hope it helps.

Gerry

I am DC 930 Simon Robinson working from Nelson CID in Lancashire. I am investigating a serious EBAY fraud where I believe you are a victim.

Yourself and another 1636 EBAY customers have made complaints direct to EBAY regarding one of the following EBAY user names; mr.mobiles, mylistspeer, dana.rack, zoomuk tommy-jones-smithy or unlimited.221

I have arrested the male responsible for these crimes and have every intention of putting him before the court. However prior to this I need to collate additional information to that already provided by EBAY.

The information I require is:

• <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Your email address typed here, for ease to tabulate results: <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">What you purchased? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">When you purchased it? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">How much did it cost? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">What was the payment method? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Has it arrived? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">If it has, is it what you ordered? <LI style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">Are you prepared to make an official statement if required?
    • Are you prepared to go to court and give evidence?

Could the replies be address to:

ebayinquiry@lancashire.pnn.police.uk

I understand that some people may view this as a SPAM email or a hoax. If this is so please feel free to contact Lancashire Constabulary on 01282 425001 (Burnley Communications).

Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter. Due to the volume of victims it will not be possible to update each and everyone in person, but I will make every effort to update via email when the case is finalised. Please be patient with this enquiry, it is a large investigation and will take time to resolve.

DC 930 Simon Robinson, Nelson CID. 01282 425001
  6. tony4563

tony4563

Thanks Gerry. I'll email him with the details. The thieving scamming ***** will hopefully get what he deserves. Big pat on the back to all for keeping the pressure on this pillock from day one. :niceone:
  7. anotheruser

anotheruser

1. Check that phone number in the phone book before you call it.

2. If it checks out, which I doubt, call it and make sure that copper exists.

Unless the police have altered their methods beyond recognition, that looks like a scam email to me. They are not going to tell you what they think or suspect. They will not offer any details whatever of their enquiries or the nature of their enquiries. They will not contact you by email other than to ask your for more secure means of getting in touch.

Far from being behind bars, I suspect the perpetrator originated that email, not a copper.

If I'm wrong, I'm glad. But do yourself a favour and check it out first.
  8. mcgoverg

mcgoverg

seems like a valid number

Police Station Addresses: Lancashire Constabulary[SIZE=-1]Telephone: 01282-425001 Fax: 01282-472132 View map here. Police Stations. Burnley Parker Lane, Burnley, BB11 2BT Telephone: 01282-425001 Fax: 01282-472132 ...
    [/SIZE]
  9. anotheruser

anotheruser

Well done. But have you picked up the phone to check the copper exists and sent that email?
  10. graymax

graymax

I have rung the number, and it is a bona fide Police number,so to anyone out there worrying, perhaps it is not :that email: that comes from the scammer?.
  11. tobyjugg

tobyjugg

Me would do well to have an email at :
    @lancashire.pnn.police.uk
  12. anotheruser

anotheruser

graymax, it's all very well calling the number, but did you ask the question? If that copper is a real, genuine copper, that's good news. If he did send that email, that's even better news. But you really have not done anything to prove either, so far as I can tell from what you have told us.

Sorry if I sound pedantic - no, actually, I'm more sorry you are being naive - but if that guy has the bare face to scam the way the evidence leads me to believe he has done, he has the gall to lead you up the garden path on this and laugh up his sleeve all the way along. He probably gets a buzz out of it. He could well be watching this thread to laugh at how naive you are being.

<edit> I wish you guys would use the standard fonts and colours. Your mods look bloody stupid so I don't copy and paste them. Has anybody bothered to check that email is a real police address? How? What's the pnn bit? Most bodies run by local and central authorities end in .gov.uk, but I haven't dealt with the police by email. </edit>

13. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

I also doubt the police would update the situation of a case via email.
  14. mcgoverg

mcgoverg

well it looks to be correct

these are some other contacts at the email domain

British Sign Language: Lancashire Constabulary

[SIZE=-1]Robertson@lancashire.pnn.police.uk. Alan Robertson PC 2046 Chorley Youth Offending ... ***********************************[/B]. Gillian Syer PC 6026 Lancaster CBM ...
    www.lancashire.police.uk/index.php?id=8 - 17k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
    Press office contacts: Lancashire Constabulary

[SIZE=-1]The group email address is mailto:hq-pressoffice@lancashire.pnn.police.uk. The full Media and Marketing team at headquarters is: ...
    www.lancashire.police.uk/index.php?id=50 - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.lancashire.police.uk ][/SIZE]
    Constabulary Contact List Constabulary Website Address Email ...

[SIZE=-1]Lancashire Police · ************************* · ***************************************[/B], Freedom of Information Lancashire Constabulary Police Headquarters ...
    flourish.org/foi/policefoi.html - 35k - Cached - Similar pages[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]
  15. anotheruser

anotheruser

That does NOT tell me, technicolour or not, whether that copper is for real or whether that copper sent that email.
  16. mcgoverg

mcgoverg

it is just too bizzare

so the conspiracy theory goes like this, the scammer mails all his victims and asks them all to send full details to an email address at the local nick. Why exactly would he do that? even if he started of lauging i'm sure he wouldn't be for very long. The tele no is right, the mail addresses valid so just maybe it's all 'kosher'.

As for the technicolour comment, its the way it was copy/pssted from google not my affectation
  17. TonyS

TonyS

Can I suggest that everyone ignores the idiotic ramblings of 'anotheruser' who for some unknown reason has nothing better to do than try and undermine the credibility of the police contact that many of us have had. If 'anotheruser' is so sceptical that the contact is genuine then why doesn't he check it out for himself. Who the hell is this dumb nuts anyway?
  18. alanw

alanw

Looks fairly pukka to me, check the SMTP headers for your received message. They are ALL from xxx.pnn.police.uk SMTP servers. All the servers seem legit, but I guess if you call them then that could put your mind at rest

Alan
  19. anotheruser

anotheruser

I've explained my reasons for doubt. I'd be the last to be happy to say "I told you so" at the end of all this. The process is simple. There have been, and there will be more in the future, bigger scams.

Now, I'm not going to tell you I've done this and I've done that. But I have certainly never, ever, come across a genuine copper prepared to give even mild hints on the progress of a case in private, let alone risk his job and career by using such an insecure medium as email to make such knowledge public. As exemplified by the way you lot are prepared to publish one on a public forum. OK, he may have made a mistake and if his superiors find out his job is on the line. Or he may not exist. But it's your case, your problem. Get on with it.
  20. Beneddie1112

Beneddie1112

To be honest, I feel your all being a little harsh towards anotheruser.

All he is doing is trying to help you out and recovrer some of your money and all you have done is criticise him.

I must admit if I was him I'd have given up and no one, despite his numerous attempts, has bothered to take note of a single piece of advice.
    To call that number and check the copper exists, it's not anotheruser's job to do it, he's got nothing riding on this, its down to the people involved to try and sort it out.

And i wish with all my heart it is a legitimate copper, to put this scumbag away and get some of you guys your cash back. But he has got you once, why not again? Whats he got to lose now?

And if he is a legitimate copper, he's an incompetent one. There is no way any true copper would divulge sensitive information on a case such as this through a medium as unsecure as email, and the person who also divulged it onto here may also be in the wrong for publisicing it.

So how about everyone stops criticsing, find out if he is legit and work as a team to get him put away, mkay? :)