1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Mr.mobiles/FONEXS

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by paultheseagull, Feb 28, 2007.

1. TonyS

TonyS

Hello to Beneddie1112 and anotheruser. For your information guys, people on this forum have worked collectively to bring this guy to justice, long before both of you brought your negativity to the forum. That's why the guy is in custody. To suggest we're all ignoring your advice is ignorant and unfounded. I for one have spoken to the police officer in charge. Far from trying to help us all out you both seem to think we have to prove something to you. As one of you said "it's our case so get on with it". That's fine by me chaps so er........BYE BYE!!
  2. Hitboy_007

Hitboy_007

Hi you all ,

i was also scammed by Fonexs ..his new nick name is bobbingtons and he is also selling on the ebay germany.
    I have payed 38,07 € for a mp4 player on 26. Sept. 2007 but not received it.
    And i don´t think that i will get it.
    This son of a bitch is scamming now international. I am from germany and he got me
    The struggle of you all from the UK is ineffective, how can i be effectiv from germany?! I also gonna contact the lancashire police and the police here in germany but i don´t have any hope for all these cases.

He send me this after the auction :

KONTONAME: FONEXS
    BANK NAME: BANK OF SCOTLAND
    BANK KONTO#: 06814889
    BLZ: 12-24-81
    LAND: GROßBRITANNIEN = GB

Artikel # 170151536914

IBAN: GB68 BOFS 1224 8106 8148 89
    SWIFT (BIC): BOFSGBS1BBL

BANK ADDRESS:
    BANK OF SCOTLAND
    600 GORGIE ROAD
    EDINBURGH
    EH11 3XP
    UK

NAME: FONEXS

^^ but you all have this information.... Is it possible to get the name of the owner from this bank account? Maybe the bank will tell us the name ... We all should intercouple cause then we might be effectiv :-(.

regards
  3. tobyjugg

tobyjugg

email the details to the police officer at Lancashire police
  4. Hitboy_007

Hitboy_007

5. alanw

alanw

Why is email unsecured? This guy is looking for info, not some credit card info. BTW I talked to my mate who is an 'officer' he said we dont do communications by email, but if we are contacted directly we will respond if we need to!! Thanks Tonys for having the guts to call the OIC. With a bit of luck, i'll see you lot in court, to the scumbag go down :D
  6. shellydep

shellydep

well if he is a scammer he isnt going to have an email address ending in lancashire.pnn.police.co.uk is he? think you are looking a little too deep in to this, he is doing it by email cos there is over 1600 people to contact and i think its easier to send a group email to ask for info than to call everyone!!! and why would he give a number that isnt real and tell you to call it if you are unsure!!!
  7. shellydep

shellydep

apart from that the scammer couldnt even spell properly and all the contact i got from him didnt even sound like he was english and those emails i recieved from the copper would have been far too intelligent for that scammer to have come up with for sure! Plus Tony says he has spoken to him, so dont bring your negativity in here, get on and email the copper everyone we need to give him as much info as possible.
  8. deso

deso

Wow! What a lot of arguing about nothing! I've just come back from 2 weeks holiday when this thread was only up to page 16. Anyway here's my update.
    I received the e-mail from DC Robinson and it is genuine. Can I just point out that in my opinion no sensitive information was released in the e-mail i.e. the name of the person arrested wasn't given, and the use of e-mail in this sort of situation is just a sign of progress in the police force by adopting modern working methods - the complaint was made by e-mail and they are simply keeping us updated, which is good to see, by e-mail. I also received a visit from GM Police for a statement but unfortunately I was away and I don't know if they'll be back. Lancashire Trading Standards also replied but only to say this was out of their remit so they'd passed it on to Lancs police.
    As for dana.rack, my orders were for a total of four 8Gb pen drives and one 8Gb MP3 player. In the last 2 weeks I've actually received four pen drives but they are all 4Gb capacity, not 8Gb. They show up as 8Gb in Windows but to test them all you have to do is transfer around 4.5Gb of data to the drive (photos or MP3 files are good) then check that all the transferred files are actually there afterwards - in my experience you start getting error messages popping up when you reach the true capacity and everything starts running really slowly. There may be a more elegant way of checking the true capacity and if anyone knows one then please share. I suggest that EVERYONE checks the capacity before telling the police that you've received your order in full.
    The 8GB MP3 player appeared as 8Gb in Windows but it turned out to be the usual "hacked" 1Gb player. It seems most MP3 players from Hong Kong are hacked in this way but they are really easy to check with freely available software. Go to http://www.xbox0.co.uk/ for loads of really useful info and to download the software. Again, I recommend EVERYONE checks their MP3 player capacity before doing anything else. PS make sure it's turned ON and Windows has fully recognised it before proceeding, and read the instructions carefully.
    It seems to me that our friend is desperately trying to appease those who have made the most noise about his scam but it won't work because he's sending mis-described goods which is still deception or fraud or whatever, and nearly as bad as sending nothing at all. Nice to see that people power can still work!
  9. mcta

mcta

Just to let you know, I have responded to the e-mail from Simon Robinson and hope mylistpeer gets what he deserves. I hope everyone else will do the same and try to send a message to others thinking of doing the same thing that they could get caught and suffer the consequences.
  10. Craigewan

Craigewan

craigewan hates mylistspeer

Hi everyone,
    This is my first ever forum and was compelled to write after I was well shafted by mylistspeer. It was the same as a lot of others as in a 32gb flashdrive which after now well over six weeks I haven't received and reading everyone elses info probably never will.
    Only £30 odd quids worth but as said before its the principle and the shabby reply you get from E bay about it when you complain. Do they just cut and paste the replies as it seems everyones is the same MOD EDIT - Inappropriate Language reply.

They basically don,t give a MOD EDIT - Inappropriate Language as long as they make a quick buck.

Hopefully he/she will get it well and truely shoved up them by the police/courts and I won,t need to go down there myself and gouge there eyes out with a spoon....
  11. tobyjugg

tobyjugg

when you consider that it appears ebat has had in excess of 1600 complaints regarding this person who they kept allowing to create accounts and build up good feedback using the same paypal (aka ebay) account ...

complicity comes to mind
  12. Craigewan

Craigewan

Yes correct.
    I think its coming to the stage where ebay need to get there act together and come up with a plan as in you must use a service such as paypal which lets face it will make all transactions better and smoother and give the buyer a bit of a comfort zone in knowing there is a way of getting some kind of compensation for non recieval of goods.
    I for one would easy pay a small dividend on my purchase for this fail safe option.
    I mean come on with the amount of transactions going on in one day it would only be a few pence needed to cover a paypal type of payment method.
  13. graymax

graymax

Hi everybody, I think we all agree with craigewan,but I think we have all expressed what we think about the prat who ripped us off,but we all know that as far as Ebay is concerned it's TSB, we should not have sent him money other than through Paypal.I along with quite a few others were new to Ebay, and thought that everyone trading on there with 100% feedback was trustworthy, how wrong were we? all we can do is wait and see the outcome of the police action, be more careful who we buy from, and how we pay for it,and keep our fingers crossed, that we either get our money back(fat chance of that) or the tosser get's to do some serious time, with some extremely butch inmates,and that he get's his ar------le well and truly reamed.keep up the good work there are obviously others out there just like him, and we need to out them everytime we get wind of them.
  14. mcta

mcta

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard any more as to what is happening. It seems to have gone a bit quiet?
  15. shellydep

shellydep

i was thinking the same, not heard anything for ages!
  16. graymax

graymax

Hi all last I heard from the police was back in October when Simon Robinson said he had arrested our "friend", and that it was a big case, but he would contact us later when he had further news.
  17. tobyjugg

tobyjugg

thanks for the update
  18. mcta

mcta

Just heard frome-bay with an automated response saying they are closing my complaint agains mylistpeer as the 90 days are up- they say "A dispute can remain open for a maximum of 90 days from the transaction date. If you don't close this dispute before reaching day 90 then eBay will automatically close it. As a result, the seller's account will not be penalised."

I have responded to say "
    Dear Sirs,

The dispute is not closed. I regret that I have not had any assistance from e-bay, despite there being a criminal investigation into the e-bay seller for fraud and I understand he has defrauded over 1600 of your customers. Your lack of any response, other than these automated responses is really appalling, and you really do not seem to care about your honest customers. A simple check by you will show that this seller has used other alias’ and has managed to defraud many of your customers.

I would rally like to hear from you as to whether you care as so far the total lack of assistance has been evident (except for these automated responses).It seems impossible to get to talk or e-mail a real person who might care.

Mcta1966"

This will be a total waste of time, heyho....Anyone else heard anything, please?
  19. John6648

John6648

Any more news on this?? Anybody heard anything from the police?? I;ve had nothing since the original police contact.
  20. deso

deso

Excellent news! - please click the following links-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/3750145.Nelson_man___s___53_000_eBay_scam_duped_hundreds/

and the really good one,

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/1.271321

I was all prepared to travel to court in Burnley to appear as a prosecution witness as Hartley had pleaded not guilty, but he must have taken (good) advice from his barrister and changed his plea. Justice done, but I hope he doesn't get out after only 3 months or summat for "good" behaviour, and I hope all his money is seized. Wonder if I'll get my £60+ back??