Multiple Businesses?

Discussion in 'Start-ups & Business Advice' started by Mike86, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Mike86

Mike86

Hi all,

I recently lost my job but have been offered some contract work as an analyst else where. I've had to form a limited company in order to do this (their request).

I've done a bit of online selling in the past but a few suppliers have wanted company numbers etc which I never had. Now that I have my own company should I use this to register with suppliers or should I keep my now current day job separate?

Thanks in advance
  2. Jed

Jed

Your contract job employer doesn't own the company you set up so it's fully up to you how you want to use it.

Sounds weird they asked you to do that though, make sure they pay you on time and in full as I worry they could try to default on payments.
  3. Mike86

Mike86

Thanks for the reply, I thought with them being miles apart from each other it may have been a weird rule stopping it. Was thinking because of the SIC code for the company.

Its good to know thank you. I think I may keep them separate, guess I can't take a low salary and dividends if I have to declare buying stock as an outgoing .
  4. Jed

Jed

That's a good point actually, not sure how strict they are over the SIC codes. Might be worth a 5 min chat with an accountant as they'll know all this stuff, well should.